Page 5 of 41 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    Raven's only insane when she's guideless. Which is specifically not what's happening right now.

I don't think she'll succeed, but this Raven isn't just "**** you got mine" Raven, it's "Destiny has a goal and I'll move heaven and earth for it" raven. And that's a significantly different Raven.
    a goal of coming back to life and do the same she did before: create a new brotherhood and never achieve anything for the cause she preached to moira

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    I also think it's pretty telling that when the opportunity presents itself, Xavier and Magneto are very much willing to have their agents slit someone's throat in their sleep despite all the pretense they put forward with the initial orchis mission/kill no man rule.
    The no killing stuff was mostly from Jean and Scott. The heroes lol they're the ruthless politicians now.

BANNED

Most queer characters these days are about positive representation and vindicating queer love and the queer experience. Of course that’s a good thing but in 2020 ‘villainous lesbians against the world’ is pretty refreshing to me.

Irene killed Moira because she wasn’t using her gift to help mutants. Moira created Krakoa which is supposedly their best shot at survival. It seems strange that Destiny would want it undone...out of spite?

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    With a difference Erik and Xavier do what they do for a reason greater than each of them, that is to say the whole mutant species while Raven is acting for the good of a single person.
    For love… It's soon Valentine's Day.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

With a difference Erik and Xavier do what they do for a reason greater than each of them, that is to say the whole mutant species while Raven is acting for the good of a single person.
    No at this point they are also doing it for one single person, Moira.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Frankly, Krakoa is a powder keg. Even if it may seem safe on the surface, too many factors have been introduced that prove to be a danger long term. In the end, it’s gonna be mutantkind’a own hubris that brings down Krakoa.
    Maybe yes or maybe not but if the other futures didn't work out why should they be afraid to do something radical when everything else failed ?

Again, fighting and conquering didn't work and pacifism didn't work either.

Or are you saying that they should simply give up and accept that the mutants will never win?

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondQueen View Post
    No at this point they are also doing it for one single person, Moira.
    Seriously ? I don't believe it at all, that's not what their actions demonstrate.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    Most queer characters these days are about positive representation and vindicating queer love and the queer experience. Of course that’s a good thing but in 2020 ‘villainous lesbians against the world’ is pretty refreshing to me.

Irene killed Moira because she wasn’t using her gift to help mutants. Moira created Krakoa which is supposedly their best shot at survival. It seems strange that Destiny would want it undone...out of spite?
    Turns out Moira is an Omega Sentinel and poor Destiny was trying to tell Daddies Xavier and Magneto.

Mighty Member

Boy, this sounds like something, what does it sound like. It's on the tip of my tongue

just can't quite pin it down though

I want to clarify that i dont think that Mystique or Destiny are the heroes in this story and i dont think that Hickman is presenting them in that light.

Much like Shaw, we are starting to see the inevitable, many of these mutants like the mutant nation as long as it play their interests but in reality they dont give two turds for other people.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    burning the island is an interesting request for someone that aparently cares so much about mutants, i think destiny is far more selfish than we give her credit wich is fine.
    but its interesting to see what back and forth will happen betwen raven and the married old men.
    Thank you! Her whole schtick is the world treated her like crap because of her obvious mutation, she's had to be as ruthless and cunning as a person can be to survive. Helping other mutants sometimes align with her goals but just like in thev1920s when she led that band of Mutant bank robbers and when she and Destiny were in Freedom Force, Mystique is not above throwing her fellow mutants under the bus
    like im fine, just lets keep this grey not just mystique is in the right cause shes in love
    Ugh Its annoying seeing the same people complain about the mutant villains chiliin on the island root for Mystique because she's "in love". All the sh!t she's pulled Xavier doesn't owe her squat She's just a tool being used to ensure the continued success of mutants. In comparison to that what does the life of one old villain measure? People who rooting for Mystique to "burn it to the ground" seem unable to get behind the new X-Men status quo and crave a return to the X-Men Gold type of nostalgic drivel
    Quote Originally Posted by DiamondQueen View Post
    When did she have a chance to get her back?
    It was in some wolverine-Heavy story I think around the time they were attempting to resurrect him
    GrindrStone(D)

BANNED

except we have like 6 books and more showing the immensly positive progress for mutants, some actual, ya know, improvements.
    but aparently destiny doesnt like it so shes gonna have it burned, we wooo

With the attack team having been restored from previous backups because the station was out of Cerebro's range, I wonder who of them will be revealed to have survived the mission and been imprisoned by Orchis, now having another copy of them walking around.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    By refusing to use her gift to help mutants, Moira refused to help Destiny and Mystique. But if Krakoa refuses to help Destiny… What for is Krakoa from Destiny's point of view?
    "The mutants" is an abstract entity from Destiny's point of view. If she isn't included in this abstraction… Still, out of spite, of course…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Mighty Member

except we have like 6 books and more showing the immensly positive progress for mutants, some actual, ya know, improvements.
    but aparently destiny doesnt like it so shes gonna have it burned, we wooo
    I got some Hickman books to show you...

Quote Originally Posted by Starfish View Post
    With the attack team having been restored from previous backups because the station was out of Cerebro's range, I wonder who of them will be revealed to have survived the mission and been imprisoned by Orchis, now having another copy of them walking around.
    I wouldn't like that storyline because it's too obvious hahaha everyone has been suggesting this since HoX came out.