Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
    Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Lot of cancellation squads on here lol. Nothing wrong with passion. I wouldn't call this my "dream team" because there's just so much X-Men out potential out there. This is a combination I think would bounce off each other well and be interesting. Also included series supporting Cast and series regulars based on their relation to the cast.

Bishop
    Gambit
    Northstar
    Magik
    Frenzy
    Hellion

Supporting Cast (series regular)
    * Trinary

Recurring Characters (occasional features)
    * Rogue
    * Aurora

There's no clear cut team leader but Bishop has the best tactical mind. The team isn't one that's just out there on it's own. They function out of Krakoa. That's where Trinary comes. She'll be in every issue but in a more overwatch fashion. Think Oracle.

Rogue and Aurora are obviously connected to Gambit and Northstar respectively. I'm a fan of the Rogue/Gambit relationship but having them on the same team could get a bit stuffy. Northstar and Aurora's relationship is way too ignored and with Krakoa's theme of building it'd make sense she'd be part of Northstar's character building.

I can also see an arc where the three come together to pull the teams bacon out of the fire.

Magik is a malcontent. While there is no traditional leader, Bishop will be calling the shots, but she'd more than likely be push back against his authority. Gambit is the most senior X-Man but will balk at the idea of being a leader again however his ability to do so will be glimpsed by the team as they are him handling the slack.

Not unlike what he did in Astonishing X-Men and X-Factor. Hellion's there for youth and will come under Gambit's wing, secretly as potential member of the guild. He'll also be romantically pursuing Trinary (unsuccessfully).

Frenzy will again be on her road to redemption, something that Bishop will understand, especially because his recent time traveling exploits will be coming back to haunt him and his team. He Frenzy will eventually get closer through their similarities though clash due to their means.

Northstar will be torn on his position and role on the island being in a mixed relationship (human/mutant). His husband won't totally agree with Krakoa's views but will encourage him to pursue a relationship with his sister. Aurora, on the other hand, is going to influence Northstar to make his stay on the isle more permanent, despite what it would mean for his marriage.

These would all be SUBPLOTS not by any means leading the story. I think when assembling a team it's more important to think about their interactions with each other more than throwing a play chess favorites together.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Amazing Member

I have been wanting an X-Force team with (adult) Cable, Wolverine, Deadpool, Frenzy, Domino, and Kwannon.

The team that would sell and make me smile... Cyclops, Phoenix, Wolverine, Storm, Archangel, Emma Frost, Magik
    The team that wouldn't sell but would make me smile... Banshee, Cecilia Reyes, M-Penance, Sunfire, Forge, Changeling, Chamber
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by tbaron View Post
    I have just started reading The Xmen and am really enjoying it. I also have some exposure to them from the 90s cartoon.

If you can pick your dream roster who would be on it? Limit it to 7 members.

Here is mine.

Storm as the leader.
    Beast as the brains
    Iceman to kip it light hearted
    Kitty Pride fir the the heart of the team
    Colossus for the heavy hitter
    Jean Grey to handle all the mental stuff
    And Nightcrawler because he is just so cool.
    thank you
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Uncanny X-Men:
    Storm (team leader)
    Rachel Grey
    Magik
    Kate Pryde
    Nightcrawler
    Rogue
    Gambit

X-Men:
    Cyclops (team leader)
    Marvel Girl
    Scarlet Witch
    Iceman
    Firestar
    X-23
    Surge
    Last edited by Odd Rödney; 02-19-2021 at 09:24 AM. Reason: Bye, bye blue!
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Quote Originally Posted by adamTPTK View Post
    replace Hope with Jean and I´m with you-

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hephoenix View Post
    replace Hope with Jean and I´m with you-
    Sure now that Hope turned into a turd character it's not the same but...
    Jean... Scott... Emma... Namor... This soap opera overkill is exactly what I don't what to read about.

Incredible Member

Team 1

Cyclops
    Magneto
    Storm
    Psylocke
    Wolverine
    Colossus
    Namor
    Magik
    Emma
    Danger
    Dazzler
    Havok

Team 2

Jean
    Rogue
    Gambit
    Kitty
    Shadowcat
    Bishop
    Xavier
    M
    Banshee
    Beast
    Polaris
    Iceman

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

Dazzler
    ArcAngel
    Frenzy
    Bedlam
    Spiral
    Empath
    Tempo
    Vanisher

Or:
    Maggott
    Shatterstar
    Krystalin
    WildChild
    Hope

Quote Originally Posted by Hephoenix View Post
    Love this squad.

Pirate Ninja Junk

Yukio & Nightcrawler
    vs.
    all the reasons why not

arc one
    The Curse of a Thornless Bouquet
    “The reason of the unreasonableness which against my reason is wrought, doth so weaken my reason, as with all reason I do justly complain on your beauty.”
    ― Miguel de Cervantes Don Quixote

Quote Originally Posted by ohsnapulon5000 View Post
    Dazzler
    ArcAngel
    Frenzy
    Bedlam
    Spiral
    Empath
    Tempo
    Vanisher
    The more I think of this team the more they make sense and I'm in love with these **** ups trying to be X-people. It's like a team of people that are just tying to do their best, usually gray area X-folk that are drawn bad but with hearts of gold that might look like PR nightmares but there are people like Dazzler and Tempo who actually do hold **** together with the sheer goodness of their being and their belief in unity- amidst team members dealing with addictions, social rejection, mutant respectability politics, the Bechdel test, sexual frustrations, and an in your face attitudes. This should be the mutant Ambassador team, the Public Relations Team, the Media Darlings, The Krakoan answer to the Kardashians, The team affecting Culture, The team that the world THINKS is the Xmen team that actually lets the Cyclops and the Xforce team do their thing while they handle the brunt of of the world's slings and arrows and reminds them that they maybe ARE meant to be adored AND feared. This is X-treme X-men.
    Last edited by ohsnapulon5000; 12-25-2019 at 05:23 PM.