Page 196 of 613 FirstFirst ... 96146186192193194195196197198199200206246296 ... LastLast
Results 2,926 to 2,940 of 9190
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Full disclosure...I would buy/read a Storm solo but only if it's NOT written by Coates and NOT drawn by Bartel.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Full disclosure...I would buy/read a Storm solo but only if it's NOT written by Coates and NOT drawn by Bartel.
    I don't care WHO writes Storm just give her a damn Solo Book. If Coates is giving her a Book then i'll read it.

Better then reading about other Heroes who IMO do not deserve so many chances at a Solo Book.
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 04-13-2020 at 05:46 PM.

yeah I dont think she would be a good choice to draw it. She is good as a cover artist but I dont think her style works too well for panels. Too simple and cartoony for what Id want out of Storm

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Pretty but static.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Spectacular Member

Honestly, Coates as a potential writer for storm in a maybe solo series makes sense and wouldn't be a bad idea. I mean he seems to understand the character better than any X writer after the Claremont dude which might be a bit of a reach but judging by recent depictions of her (not counting Hudlin) she could use some actual character development, Coates BP series isn't bad it has its moments and judging by some fans in this thread especially Kyss seems that Coates gives strom enough to work with and would be somewhat welcomed as a potential writer for a maybe storm solo.

I totally feel you! Coates would not be my first choice either.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormrocks View Post
    I totally feel you! Coates would not be my first choice either.
    What’s wrong with Bartel?

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    What’s wrong with Bartel?
    Too neon and cartoony for my taste. It doesn't have the gravitas to anchor a Storm solo book. She'd be better suited for a Dazzler or Jubilee series.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stormrocks View Post
    Thanksl! I Voted!
    thank you she won!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mekk80s View Post
    Honestly, Coates as a potential writer for storm in a maybe solo series makes sense and wouldn't be a bad idea. I mean he seems to understand the character better than any X writer after the Claremont dude which might be a bit of a reach but judging by recent depictions of her (not counting Hudlin) she could use some actual character development, Coates BP series isn't bad it has its moments and judging by some fans in this thread especially Kyss seems that Coates gives strom enough to work with and would be somewhat welcomed as a potential writer for a maybe storm solo.
    yes to all of this. I can understand why BP fans would sh!t on his work but honestly I dont quite understand why any storm fan would. you look at all the writers who have written her since Claremont stopped writing her in his initial run and you will not find a writer who has done nearly as he has with her connection to her blackness, her powerset, and to the elements that Claremont himself wrote. when was the last time ororo went to harlem or had any connection to his ties there? when was the last time a writer discussed her being able to perceive energy, not weather, but energy? when was the last time a writer made her central and essential to the story without using her to prop up other characters? you find me a story like this post her marrying tchalla and I would be shocked.

as I have said a few times give coates his credit because he has developed her beyond anything I've seen even post Hickman. the reason simply being he truly loves the character.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

I'm so amused at the thought of Coates being the Solo writer for Storm.
    I don't think he's ready for the Storm fans.

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    I'm so amused at the thought of Coates being the Solo writer for Storm.
    I don't think he's ready for the Storm fans.
    really? I thought it was the response from storm fans in the form of praise that helped push him being rumored to write her solo back in 2017?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Agreed. Coates' BP run was the most boring, unfulfilling run for that character and Wakanda. And Bartel can do great covers, but her interior pages are not that nice.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    really? I thought it was the response from storm fans in the form of praise that helped push him being rumored to write her solo back in 2017?
    Because a LEGIT question would have to be asked. Which Coates would you get?

We saw Coates turn Black Panther into a stealth Storm/ Midnight Angels book. Unlike Cap America.

What is to say he wouldn't turn her book into a stealth Jean or Kitty or whoever he REALLY wants to write book?

Also the perks Black Panther have are NOT given to Storm.

I put Coates on a Storm book-excluding probably Blnerd and MAYBE marysues websites-others that interview him are going to mention BP & CA way more than Storm.

When this trade comes out-will it get he perks BP got? His funs have been part of promotions for Amazon (buy 2 get 1 free) or sold everywhere (I saw BP trades at Office Depot-NEARLY sold out while Flash & Wonder Woman were in BULK).

Truth be told I would rather Eve Ewing or Vita give it a try. Or Leah Williams. And I would NOT put it past Leah nor Vita-if they haven't tried to pitch a book for Storm.

You might get 12 issues or 47. Right now should be about RESUME building so when it comes time for X-Men on screen from marvel and SALE boost to all X-Men book happen-Storm will at least have something.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Because a LEGIT question would have to be asked. Which Coates would you get?

We saw Coates turn Black Panther into a stealth Storm/ Midnight Angels book. Unlike Cap America.

What is to say he wouldn't turn her book into a stealth Jean or Kitty or whoever he REALLY wants to write book?

Also the perks Black Panther have are NOT given to Storm.

I put Coates on a Storm book-excluding probably Blnerd and MAYBE marysues websites-others that interview him are going to mention BP & CA way more than Storm.

When this trade comes out-will it get he perks BP got? His funs have been part of promotions for Amazon (buy 2 get 1 free) or sold everywhere (I saw BP trades at Office Depot-NEARLY sold out while Flash & Wonder Woman were in BULK).

Truth be told I would rather Eve Ewing or Vita give it a try. Or Leah Williams. And I would NOT put it past Leah nor Vita-if they haven't tried to pitch a book for Storm.

You might get 12 issues or 47. Right now should be about RESUME building so when it comes time for X-Men on screen from marvel and SALE boost to all X-Men book happen-Storm will at least have something.
    that's the thing though I dont think he turned black panther into a stealth storm book. she appeared a handful of times so I dont think that is a fair conclusion to be made.

as for the other stuff you mentioned regarding sales captain marvel books REPEATEDLY gets reboots even after constant poor sales. I see no reason why marvels premiere black female superhero cant be given the same

moreover, coates has put in the investment in her character since 2017, he definitely deserves the chance at writing the solo book he was rumored to write back inn2017.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post

as for the other stuff you mentioned regarding sales captain marvel books REPEATEDLY gets reboots even after constant poor sales. I see no reason why marvels premiere black female superhero cant be given the same

moreover, coates has put in the investment in her character since 2017, he definitely deserves the chance at writing the solo book he was rumored to write back inn2017.
    Carol has a boost via trades. On Amazon super hero trades there have been 3 (maybe 4) females who have stayed at the top 100 of sales.

Carol Danvers, Jane Foster, Ms Marvel & Vampirella. Yes VAMPIRELLA has at time BEATEN every male hero at DC and marvel in trade sales.

Carol's runs-

She has had 4 since 2012 and 2 minis. Remember she has a movie in the works since 2013. So the need to put out more stuff is understandable.

Storm's issue is that all those appearances in books to the point of being the most of any female at Marvel. Where is the SUBSTANCE to them? If she was taken out of the story would she be missed to the point of it changing the story?

For Black panther she is PART of the story that her removal would change the stories. We can't say that for X-Men as of the entire 2000s.

This is not limited to Storm-I can name off PLENTY of black characters this applies to. Then you wonder why you can't attract a writer. Then you wonder why you see a novel with Shuri or OGN with Raven. Somebody made use of them in comics and TV.

Lets not forget the push back to black females that we have seen. Yes Naomi, Livewire, Jo, Moon Girl and Riri have held books. We have also seen books like Motor Crush get kept out of stores or Goldie Vance go trade only due to backlash.

I think the issue for Storm (and this applies to Cyborg & John Stewart too) folks don't want to see that advancement. Because they fear that competition.