Page 197 of 613 FirstFirst ... 97147187193194195196197198199200201207247297 ... LastLast
Results 2,941 to 2,955 of 9190
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Agreed. Coates' BP run was the most boring, unfulfilling run for that character and Wakanda. And Bartel can do great covers, but her interior pages are not that nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormrocks View Post
    Too neon and cartoony for my taste. It doesn't have the gravitas to anchor a Storm solo book. She'd be better suited for a Dazzler or Jubilee series.
    You guys make a good point about Jen Bartel I never really thought of it that way.

I wouldn't want Coates on a Storm book because he's too boring. Yes, he gets the character, but he's a snooze fest. We already know his style of writing his Captain America is just as boring as his Black Panther.....and that's terrible.
    Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Truth be told I would rather Eve Ewing or Vita give it a try. Or Leah Williams. And I would NOT put it past Leah nor Vita-if they haven't tried to pitch a book for Storm.

You might get 12 issues or 47. Right now should be about RESUME building so when it comes time for X-Men on screen from marvel and SALE boost to all X-Men book happen-Storm will at least have something.
    I have concerns with Eve Ewing. I know her work, but never read it and my concern is does she REALLY get Storm. As for Vita I don't know Vita's work.

I want someone who has imagination and not afraid to be more experimental about Storm. We just need a Storm book that's captivating and interesting and at least get passed Issue 12. -_-

If these Writers: Eve, Vita, Coates think they are up to the task then I as well as others have big expectations they must meet for us Storm fans.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Carol has a boost via trades. On Amazon super hero trades there have been 3 (maybe 4) females who have stayed at the top 100 of sales.

Carol Danvers, Jane Foster, Ms Marvel & Vampirella. Yes VAMPIRELLA has at time BEATEN every male hero at DC and marvel in trade sales.

Carol's runs-

She has had 4 since 2012 and 2 minis. Remember she has a movie in the works since 2013. So the need to put out more stuff is understandable.

Storm's issue is that all those appearances in books to the point of being the most of any female at Marvel. Where is the SUBSTANCE to them? If she was taken out of the story would she be missed to the point of it changing the story?

For Black panther she is PART of the story that her removal would change the stories. We can't say that for X-Men as of the entire 2000s.

This is not limited to Storm-I can name off PLENTY of black characters this applies to. Then you wonder why you can't attract a writer. Then you wonder why you see a novel with Shuri or OGN with Raven. Somebody made use of them in comics and TV.

Lets not forget the push back to black females that we have seen. Yes Naomi, Livewire, Jo, Moon Girl and Riri have held books. We have also seen books like Motor Crush get kept out of stores or Goldie Vance go trade only due to backlash.

I think the issue for Storm (and this applies to Cyborg & John Stewart too) folks don't want to see that advancement. Because they fear that competition.

You're absolutely right that Storms presence, for the most part, has not been substance based. This is why I greatly appreciate what Coates has done to elevate her in the marvel universe, because before Coates - as boring as he is **rolls eyes** - without his effort she would go back to being the wallpaper, appearing on covers but not showing up in the story, taking orders from Kitty, going crazy for a man who dies who doesn't even see her as his life flashes before his life, lightning lass character she had always been since Claremont stopped writing her.

I stan for Coates because he was fighting for the character long before he started writing her. He sees her as a character that should be more than a token. At this point, even with what we have seen with Hickman thus far, doesn't show her with the substance Coates has demonstrated. So I totally agree with you there.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 04-14-2020 at 01:31 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    You guys make a good point about Jen Bartel I never really thought of it that way.

I wouldn't want Coates on a Storm book because he's too boring. Yes, he gets the character, but he's a snooze fest. We already know his style of writing his Captain America is just as boring as his Black Panther.....and that's terrible.

I have concerns with Eve Ewing. I know her work, but never read it and my concern is does she REALLY get Storm. As for Vita I don't know Vita's work.

I want someone who has imagination and not afraid to be more experimental about Storm. We just need a Storm book that's captivating and interesting and at least get passed Issue 12. -_-

If these Writers: Eve, Vita, Coates think they are up to the task then I as well as others have big expectations they must meet for us Storm fans.
    You know honestly I dont think every Storm fan would be happy no matter how good the content might be. I would like to think that Claremont Storm would be one thing all us fans could agree upon but I'm not even sure that's true. Some fans prefer her powerless, punk version, some prefer her goddess hair with goddess power, some want her with either Wolverine, Thor, Forge etc, while others see her as a pansexual who doesn't place conventional limits on her sexual identity.

The point being is that even if a writer comes out guns blazing with the best material someONE will find something to gripe about. I certainly come to see that after all the good things that came from Coates.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    You know honestly I dont think every Storm fan would be happy no matter how good the content might be. I would like to think that Claremont Storm would be one thing all us fans could agree upon but I'm not even sure that's true. Some fans prefer her powerless, punk version, some prefer her goddess hair with goddess power, some want her with either Wolverine, Thor, Forge etc, while others see her as a pansexual who doesn't place conventional limits on her sexual identity.

The point being is that even if a writer comes out guns blazing with the best material someONE will find something to gripe about. I certainly come to see that after all the good things that came from Coates.
    Well, you can't blame them everyone has different taste. Everyone likes Claremont because he essentially molded and created the reason why we all like Storm. I don't know any Storm fans that can say they hated Claremonts Classic Storm. So, as I mentioned before those are just tastes as you can see Storm fans have different tastes on what THEY would like to see. You can't please everyone. HOWEVER, a good writer would be able to mold those specific tastes into a Solo book.
    Ex:
    -Write 1-3 issues where Storm is in a situation where she can't use her powers for the time being.(Like Greg Pak did).
    -After that write another issue 4-6 about Storm's Goddess powers.
    -Issues 7-12 Storm goes on adventures with Wolverine, Thor and Forge and drop nuggets about Storm's Bloodline or whatever about Oshtur.

IMO, a writer should be able to take those tastes from Fans that they enjoyed and create a good long standing Story. After that have Storm go around the Marvel Universe teaming up with Heroes you would never see Storm with: Daredevil, Elektra, She-Hulk, Captain Marvel, Blue Marvel, Ironman, Namor, Hercules, Champions, Spider-Man ETC ETC.

Every Storm fan can agree that we want a Storm Solo to be interesting and captivating. The reason why some Storm fans do not agree with you when it comes to Coates is because he's boring. I'm sorry, but he is *shrugging* like it or not that's Coates writing style. He made 1 good character development by turning Storm into a Goddess. That's GREAT, but does that make him the BEST Storm writer of all time or on Par with Claremont??? Mmm IMO and a few others No.

We need to wait. The only way we can truly test Coates ability to write a Good Storm is to read his Storm Solo book that he's apparently is doing pretty soon. Until then we got a wait.

That's my Opinion on this.
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 04-14-2020 at 02:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Full disclosure...I would buy/read a Storm solo but only if it's NOT written by Coates and NOT drawn by Bartel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormrocks View Post
    I totally feel you! Coates would not be my first choice either.
    Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Agreed. Coates' BP run was the most boring, unfulfilling run for that character and Wakanda. And Bartel can do great covers, but her interior pages are not that nice.
    I had to come back for this! You are my heroes!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Full disclosure...I would buy/read a Storm solo but only if it's NOT written by Coates and NOT drawn by Bartel.
    I'm with you. While i love Bartel's art i think cute and it's not what i imagine for a Storm book. I would love a copiel or immomen on it. Definitely don't want coates anywhere near it.

Though my dream artist would actually be Bachalo.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I had to come back for this! You are my heroes!
    LOL You are so petty. I love it.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I'm with you. While i love Bartel's art i think cute and it's not what i imagine for a Storm book. I would love a copiel or immomen on it. Definitely don't want coates anywhere near it.

Though my dream artist would actually be Bachalo.
    I don't know...I acknowledge Bachalo's talent is amazing but...it's usually "Bachalo's version of (character)" and not what distinctly sets apart said character from other characters on the page/in panel. Coipel is the perfect example of an artist whose characters are recogniseable for and by their inherent physical traits and I will go on record as saying he's an infinitely better character artist than Bachalo (Than current Bachalo...his early GenX work and prior were visually distinctive).
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

90s Bachalo was everything but he's nowhere near as good as he used to be. Im not a fan of his Storm to be honest

LOL You are so petty. I love it.
    I........would not disagree with your acute assessment.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    90s Bachalo was everything but he's nowhere near as good as he used to be. Im not a fan of his Storm to be honest
    Has Mike Deodoto drawn her before?

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Has Mike Deodoto drawn her before?
    Yep

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Enh! Not impressed.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Well, you can't blame them everyone has different taste. Everyone likes Claremont because he essentially molded and created the reason why we all like Storm. I don't know any Storm fans that can say they hated Claremonts Classic Storm. So, as I mentioned before those are just tastes as you can see Storm fans have different tastes on what THEY would like to see. You can't please everyone. HOWEVER, a good writer would be able to mold those specific tastes into a Solo book.
    Ex:
    -Write 1-3 issues where Storm is in a situation where she can't use her powers for the time being.(Like Greg Pak did).
    -After that write another issue 4-6 about Storm's Goddess powers.
    -Issues 7-12 Storm goes on adventures with Wolverine, Thor and Forge and drop nuggets about Storm's Bloodline or whatever about Oshtur.

IMO, a writer should be able to take those tastes from Fans that they enjoyed and create a good long standing Story. After that have Storm go around the Marvel Universe teaming up with Heroes you would never see Storm with: Daredevil, Elektra, She-Hulk, Captain Marvel, Blue Marvel, Ironman, Namor, Hercules, Champions, Spider-Man ETC ETC.

Every Storm fan can agree that we want a Storm Solo to be interesting and captivating. The reason why some Storm fans do not agree with you when it comes to Coates is because he's boring. I'm sorry, but he is *shrugging* like it or not that's Coates writing style. He made 1 good character development by turning Storm into a Goddess. That's GREAT, but does that make him the BEST Storm writer of all time or on Par with Claremont??? Mmm IMO and a few others No.

We need to wait. The only way we can truly test Coates ability to write a Good Storm is to read his Storm Solo book that he's apparently is doing pretty soon. Until then we got a wait.

That's my Opinion on this.
    What some find boring others find interesting. But if some of the gurls find seeing storm be a Walmart greeter, who on the side uses her lightning to make crystalline figurines and take orders from kitty exciting and FUN, well enjoy because I'm sure more is to come once Coates stop writing her.

Moreover, if fans find his work boring why continue reading it? But the same ones talking about how boring it is are the same ones I'm sure running to see the issues she is featured in. Doesn't make any sense to me.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 04-14-2020 at 05:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    For the most part I agree. I loved his stuff circa Generation X/NeXt, but his modern stuff pales. I will say that I loved that Storm and Gambit Curse of the Vampire story though. He had some really nice action scenes and layouts that very very creative and effective in that story, but yeah, overall his modern stuff kinda sucks.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!