Page 103 of 179 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107113153 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 2680
    BANNED

Just read the issue, I was very worried by your comments, but I gotta say you are exagerating, you know I'm the first to criticize Aaron when he does something bad, especially to Thor, but this issue wasn't bad, uru is not simly "moon rock" it is the very first moon from before creation that survived the big bang and creation of this universe, pretty damn good feat, he also shrugged off several Mjolnir strikes and to take out Thor he literally had to smash SEVERAL moons into him, that's a pretty good showing.

Ultimate Member

Aaron really has to get over his damn one million BC Avengers idea already

BANNED

OMG what the hell is wrong with Aaron? Once again he pulls of more shenanigans regarding Mljonir and Thor and now apparently Thor can be knocked out by a bunch of Moons crashing into him? While he has the OF no less? This guy is messed up...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    can someone tell me if uru had a previous origin other than nidavellir?
    i am once again asking this question

Quote Originally Posted by Wall-Crawler View Post
    Just read the issue, I was very worried by your comments, but I gotta say you are exagerating, you know I'm the first to criticize Aaron when he does something bad, especially to Thor, but this issue wasn't bad, uru is not simly "moon rock" it is the very first moon from before creation that survived the big bang and creation of this universe, pretty damn good feat, he also shrugged off several Mjolnir strikes and to take out Thor he literally had to smash SEVERAL moons into him, that's a pretty good showing.
    It just seems too convoluted for me. And to boost Moon Knight more then boost Mjolnir.

Maybe if Thor getting creamed in this run wasn't such a consistent issue it wouldn't be so notable.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It just seems too convoluted for me. And to boost Moon Knight more then boost Mjolnir.

Maybe if Thor getting creamed in this run wasn't such a consistent issue it wouldn't be so notable.
    No argument from me there

I can summarize most of Aaron's work with "TL/DR!" Eh I always get my updates here, second hand. I'll wait the six months or so to read the issue on marvel.com if I think I can stomach it. It is funny though when I think about it. I almost feel like our arguments against Aarons stuff occasiinally parallels the news crew from Anchorman arguing over Veronica Corningstone making co-anchor.

"That's just great. Now we got bears Ed!"

....on the other hand, as mentioned previously, I'm totally okay being biased against Aaron's writing because there were one too many not so subtle jabs against Thor fans.

Yeaahh.
    Last edited by Cronus; 05-27-2020 at 09:49 PM.
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by Wall-Crawler View Post
    yeah, it's less BS when there is no Power Cosmic.

I thought he used it.

like Frontier said, this moon bull was made up on the spot just to boost Moon Knight up and crap on Mjolnir.

the entire origin of Mjolnir is one, big mess ever since Aaron retconned it.

just found out that Odin and Zeus fought during Serpent days (Vili and Ve were still alive) and were even with a hint of Odin being superior.

Saoirse Ronan The Accuser CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    I’m very much a Jason Aaron apologist but he needs to rein his over the top tendencies. Uru suddenly being moon rock that Moon Knight can manipulate is as silly as Captain Marvel making Mjolnir disappear. It’s becoming childish. It’s like Superman fighting Green Arrow only for him to suddenly reveal that his arrows have always been kryptonite. Like...seriously?

And Marvel as a whole should be careful with the way they portray the Avengers.

The Avengers are supposed to Marvel’s premiere super team but they seem to be getting their asses handed to them a lot lately.

Namor punked them out.
    Captain Marvel punked them out
    The Immortal Hulk nearly killed them all (except She-Hulk)

And now Moon Knight is knocking Thor about (and crushing him between moons). Compare that to the Justice League over at DC and i wonder what exactly is the goal of stuff like this.
    Nah. The X-Men and their countless spin-offs are Marvel's premiere teams. The Avengers where B-list characters before the MCU.
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I mean, he already did... kinda.

the stuff with Celestials was about that.

he is just doing backstories now for each Avenger but I'm afraid that once he gets to do Odin one, he will retcon something for sure.
    Last edited by GodThor; 05-28-2020 at 08:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    I mean, he already did... kinda.

the stuff with Celestials was about that.

he is just doing backstories now for each Avengers but I'm afraid that once he gets to do Odin one, he will retcon something for sure.
    I bet he's gonna say that the sacrifices Odin made to get the wisdom of the runes (tearing off his own eye and hanging himself for nine days) were drunken accidents
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I admit that I do like Cavewoman Iron Fist, Aaron comes up with good ideas, but he can't seem to stick the landing, like Bendis actually. He's not still having Odin thirsting over the Phoenix is he?

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree View Post
    I bet he's gonna say that the sacrifices Odin made to get the wisdom of the runes (tearing off his own eye and hanging himself for nine days) were drunken accidents
    he was an abusive tyrant!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    I admit that I do like Cavewoman Iron Fist, Aaron comes up with good ideas, but he can't seem to stick the landing, like Bendis actually. He's not still having Odin thirsting over the Phoenix is he?
    Odin's stuff with the Phoenix was noted once.

he should just do a comic centered around 1,000,000 B.C Avengers.
    Last edited by GodThor; 05-28-2020 at 07:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    he was an abuse tyrant!!!

And a member of MRM.
    Last edited by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree; 05-28-2020 at 07:39 AM.