View Poll Results: Who are some of your fav New Mutants?

Voters
266. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dani Moonstar

163 61.28%
  • Sunspot

124 46.62%
  • Magik

181 68.05%
    85 31.95%
  • Cannonball

99 37.22%
  • Wolfsbane

83 31.20%
  • Cypher

74 27.82%
  • Warlock

54 20.30%
  • Magma

59 22.18%
  • Boom-Boom

61 22.93%
  • Rictor

73 27.44%
  • Blink

41 15.41%
  • Strong Guy

18 6.77%
  • Rusty

16 6.02%
  • Skids

29 10.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 44 of 79 FirstFirst ... 3440414243444546474854 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I will never understand why they brought back Doug and then preceded to ignore its impact on the characters who cared for him the most
    Ha ha ha I began reading your post and immediately thought "OMG WHO THE FUU--- oh....wait....I need to keep reading...yeah...yeah. YES. This makes sense. Oops"

I love Doug.
    I'm sad we never got some quiet sit down moments with those that loved him most, and/or felt most responsible for his death.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Ah, the Hellion kids....
    Empath is a sociopath, but he and Magma dated.
    Jimmy has been romantically attached to Siryn ...and....I think Hepzibah for a hot minute?
    Tarot had a "link" to the fella (Bedlam?) who resurrected(?) her back in the early 00's. That seemed semi-emotional based.
    Jimmy had unrequited love with siryn but a relationship with risqué and a fling with dom,
    Firestar had long relationship with Justice
    Tarot and King Bedlam had a relationship , she also crushed in Doug
    Magma had empath and the guy who died in the volcano

Extraordinary Member

You would think Roulette was always getting lucky.

Mighty Member

Ha ha ha I began reading your post and immediately thought "OMG WHO THE FUU--- oh....wait....I need to keep reading...yeah...yeah. YES. This makes sense. Oops"

I love Doug.
    I'm sad we never got some quiet sit down moments with those that loved him most, and/or felt most responsible for his death.
    Rahne and Kitty were the ones closest to Doug when he died but the writers didn't even acknowledge his return from the dead.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I will never understand why they brought back Doug and then preceded to ignore its impact on the characters who cared for him the most
    Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    Rahne and Kitty were the ones closest to Doug when he died but the writers didn't even acknowledge his return from the dead.

FOR REAL . But Kitty's only ever had close friendships with the A-Listers and Rahne isn't experiencing a devastating trauma so what's the point of giving her a perspective ?

Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    But Kitty's only ever had close friendships with the A-Listers
    I wonder if B- and C- list X-Men are intimately aware of the lunchroom class system, and see Kitty as a gateway to better social circle. Like Lorna has tried for years but always goes back to the X-Factor band geeks, Magik stands and walks between the NM nerds and ANAD jocks, Rachel sits on the floor BEHIND Kitty.

Extraordinary Member

There were a lot of resurrections that didn't get the responses you'd think they merited around that time. Heck, you'd think Magneto would have had more of a reaction to both Doug and Illyana returning considering he was their teacher and their deaths really hurt him and sent him spiraling back into villainy. Same with Jubilee and Illyana considering how traumatized she was when little Illyana died. Kitty was at least stuck in her bullet when Doug came back and when Illyana returned to the team and then stuck in her stasis tank when she was brought back.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    I wonder if B- and C- list X-Men are intimately aware of the lunchroom class system, and see Kitty as a gateway to better social circle. Like Lorna has tried for years but always goes back to the X-Factor band geeks, Magik stands and walks between the NM nerds and ANAD jocks, Rachel sits on the floor BEHIND Kitty.
    Ha ha ha ha this is purest gold.

loll this cracked me up its too real
    if you really wanna ride with the top dogs you have to pay your dues as their precocious kid sister for at least decade

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    There were a lot of resurrections that didn't get the responses you'd think they merited around that time. Heck, you'd think Magneto would have had more of a reaction to both Doug and Illyana returning considering he was their teacher and their deaths really hurt him and sent him spiraling back into villainy. Same with Jubilee and Illyana considering how traumatized she was when little Illyana died. Kitty was at least stuck in her bullet when Doug came back and when Illyana returned to the team and then stuck in her stasis tank when she was brought back.
    the NM relationships with Magneto being constantly ignored annoys me to no end . considering all the **** they took for it when the x-men came back from the outback they should at least get an interesting dynamic out of the deal...but nah

it makes me so sad that Kitty and Illyana have barely talked in the past ten years, you'd think they'd be a lot more inclined to catch up seeing as they both missed important chunks of each other's lives smh . and dont get me started on her, Rachel and Kurt all being on a team together only for her to spend 80% of her panel time with Colossus, which didn't make a single ounce of organic sense!! good lord I give up

One last thing about the lunchroom: Generation X are the DRAMA CLUB KIDS

One last thing about the lunchroom: Generation X are the DRAMA CLUB KIDS
    Oh for SURE.
    Emo artist Chamber, Aspiring Ingenue Husk, the girl who won't stop blathering on about all her previous experience in showbiz when it was ONE show - Jubilee, the male lead Synch, the bombshell who gets all the leads Monet, aaaaaaaaaand the stage crew Skin. lol

it makes me so sad that Kitty and Illyana have barely talked in the past ten years, you'd think they'd be a lot more inclined to catch up seeing as they both missed important chunks of each other's lives smh . and dont get me started on her, Rachel and Kurt all being on a team together only for her to spend 80% of her panel time with Colossus, which didn't make a single ounce of organic sense!! good lord I give up
    Additionally, I would have really loved to see some bonding/commiserating between Doug and Yana about their respective traumas of having been forcibly resurrected by evil tyrants only to find their families and friends have all moved on and grown and "forgotten" them.
    Last edited by Fokken; 05-21-2020 at 08:16 AM.

Mighty Member

FOR REAL . But Kitty's only ever had close friendships with the A-Listers and Rahne isn't experiencing a devastating trauma so what's the point of giving her a perspective ?
    Kitty had close relationships with both New Mutants and X-Men.

Kitty was meant to be with a member of New Mutants considering her age but I don't know why Chris Claremont changed his mind.

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    Kitty had close relationships with both New Mutants and X-Men.
    it was sarcasm lol sorry if it didn't come across well . hard to convey w/out tone of voice

Oh for SURE.
    Emo artist Chamber, Aspiring Ingenue Husk, the girl who won't stop blathering on about all her previous experience in showbiz when it was ONE show - Jubilee, the male lead Synch, the bombshell who gets all the leads Monet, aaaaaaaaaand the stage crew Skin. lol

Additionally, I would have really loved to see some bonding/commiserating between Doug and Yana about their respective traumas of having been forcibly resurrected by evil tyrants only to find their families and friends have all moved on and grown and "forgotten" them.
    I see nothing but pure unmistakable facts

Extraordinary Member

To be fair, we saw both Kitty and Rahne’s experiences with thinking Douglock was the resurrected Doug in Excalibur.

Rahne later found out it was actually Warlock though.

Though neither were around when Doug was actually resurrected by Selene.

Ultimate Member

The thing that annoys me is that Doug seems to have 'grown' to their age as well. He died as a teenager trainee, and when he comes back, he's keeping pace with his teammates who have been doing it for years.

I wonder if comic writers can use characters who aren't combat capable, anymore.

Man, I miss Lost Light, now. Half the cast were useless in a fight, but were still great characters