Page 6 of 39 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Spider-Island: Cloak & Dagger

Oh yeah! Their powers are still switched. Lasted a lot longer then I expected it too.

Hope Slott handles them well, though I'm not expecting much.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Oh yeah! Their powers are still switched. Lasted a lot longer then I expected it too.

Hope Slott handles them well, though I'm not expecting much.
    So currently Tandy is Cloak, and Tyrone is still Dagger?
    Need Comics? Consider using my Affiliate link - helps keep my Podcast ad free!
    https://www.mycomicshop.com/?AffID=1055159P01
    Check out the Comic Relief Podcast! - The podcast all about comics!

Astonishing Member

Nope. Tandy still throws daggers and Tyrone is still a walking cloak.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    Nope. Tandy still throws daggers and Tyrone is still a walking cloak.
    Okay, because they were swapped for awhile. Not seen them (recently) - so last I saw was them still swapped.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam-X View Post
    Okay, because they were swapped for awhile. Not seen them (recently) - so last I saw was them still swapped.
    I had to double-check this at first, since I remembered the end to Spider-Island differently.

When they first swapped powers, Tyrone was the one with Light-daggers, and Tandy was the one with the dark cloak - but Tandy couldn't control that manifestation, so Cloak managed to rip his cloak off of her, which then turned into a WHITE cloak - Tandy then turned into a dark Dagger.

So I think that's where some of us have a bit of confusion - their powers are still swapped, but originally the swap was a bit different.

Bill Mantlo gave us SO, so many great storyarcs and characters (I'm currently halfway through re-reading his Hulk run for the first time since childhood). I used to love Cloak and Dagger.

I've done no research but I hope he's healthy and aware enough to know the impact he left on Marvel and that people still love and admire his work...and wish hard, hard karma on that hit and run driver.
    Read my free superhero webcomic, The Ill!

http://theill.thecomicseries.com/comics/540/

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Montressor View Post
    Bill Mantlo gave us SO, so many great storyarcs and characters (I'm currently halfway through re-reading his Hulk run for the first time since childhood). I used to love Cloak and Dagger.

I've done no research but I hope he's healthy and aware enough to know the impact he left on Marvel and that people still love and admire his work...and wish hard, hard karma on that hit and run driver.
    Bill actually had a very very serious hit and run accident some years ago. He has to have people take care of him. I don't know if they ever caught the guy that hit him.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Bill actually had a very very serious hit and run accident some years ago. He has to have people take care of him. I don't know if they ever caught the guy that hit him.
    The individual was never, sadly, identified. More here:
    http://comicreliefpodcast.com/archives/475

Quote Originally Posted by L.R Johansson View Post
    I had to double-check this at first, since I remembered the end to Spider-Island differently.

When they first swapped powers, Tyrone was the one with Light-daggers, and Tandy was the one with the dark cloak - but Tandy couldn't control that manifestation, so Cloak managed to rip his cloak off of her, which then turned into a WHITE cloak - Tandy then turned into a dark Dagger.

So I think that's where some of us have a bit of confusion - their powers are still swapped, but originally the swap was a bit different.
    So... that's confusing. So Tandy is Dagger - but throws like shadow Daggers? And Tyrone is Cloak - but wears a white Cloak? I can't imagine he pulls people into a white light rather than the Darkforce Dimension?

So... that's confusing. So Tandy is Dagger - but throws like shadow Daggers? And Tyrone is Cloak - but wears a white Cloak? I can't imagine he pulls people into a white light rather than the Darkforce Dimension?
    Yep, Tandy throws shadow daggers. Tyrone wears a white cloak.

I don't think it's that odd that Tyrone teleports people through the Lightforce (this is pretty obscure, since Dagger is the only known wielder of the power, but it's been mentioned that she actually taps into a counterpart of the Darkforce - a... LIGHTforce. Presumably a benevolent dimension, rather than a malevolent one, like the Darkforce.), after all, we've seen that the Darkforce can manifest in many different ways, so why can't the Lightforce do the same?

Quote Originally Posted by L.R Johansson View Post
    Yep, Tandy throws shadow daggers. Tyrone wears a white cloak.
    I don't think it's that odd that Tyrone teleports people through the Lightforce (this is pretty obscure, since Dagger is the only known wielder of the power, but it's been mentioned that she actually taps into a counterpart of the Darkforce - a... LIGHTforce. Presumably a benevolent dimension, rather than a malevolent one, like the Darkforce.), after all, we've seen that the Darkforce can manifest in many different ways, so why can't the Lightforce do the same?
    I guess that's just it; that we have never seen/heard of the Lightforce - I just assumed Dagger was throwing "energy daggers" no different than say, Cyclops shooting an "optic blast." Many characters have made mention of using the Darkforce - but to me, Tandy's ability was never from a "Lightforce." So it's a bit to wrap my head around. (And seems... unoriginal, as an idea... not far fetched, since we do have a "Dark"force... just ... "Lightforce" is not the best name!)

Incredible Member

I guess that's just it; that we have never seen/heard of the Lightforce - I just assumed Dagger was throwing "energy daggers" no different than say, Cyclops shooting an "optic blast." Many characters have made mention of using the Darkforce - but to me, Tandy's ability was never from a "Lightforce." So it's a bit to wrap my head around. (And seems... unoriginal, as an idea... not far fetched, since we do have a "Dark"force... just ... "Lightforce" is not the best name!)
    In the past, Tandy's powers were also shown to have healing/purging properties, so they were always more than just "energy daggers".

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomStranger View Post
    In the past, Tandy's powers were also shown to have healing/purging properties, so they were always more than just "energy daggers".
    Oh, I remember that... maybe it's the Lightforce name that bugs me more than anything.

Incredible Member

IIRC, they hinted around for a long time that Tandy's Light was the counterpart/opposite of Tyrone's Dark, and that it could be just as terrible in the right circumstances. I remember liking that idea.