Page 36 of 56 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast

Not only does Vixen have access to spider silk, but she also has access to the sticky, stretchy, waterproof "tape" (silk) of caddisflies:

Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

Does Vixen ever secretly think "Hail Hydra!" whenever she mimics a hydra? I'm not asking for a friend, I'm asking for a fiend:

Evolution just be dropping upgrades all the time.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Extraordinary Member

are we ever gonna pick back up on her story in truth and justice

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    are we ever gonna pick back up on her story in truth and justice
    Send a PM to Redjack, he was the writer of that story.

I keep hoping she’ll be a team member in something, but unless some outside media project uses her it doesn’t look like she’ll get much love in the comics alas.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I keep hoping she’ll be a team member in something, but unless some outside media project uses her it doesn’t look like she’ll get much love in the comics alas.
    I'm actually tired of her being a team member in books that eventually get cancelled. I want DC to give her an ongoing solo as well as make her a member of the flagship Justice League book, which never gets cancelled (the only thing we would have to worry about with the flagship Justice League book is a writer coming in and removing Vixen from the roster).

It would be similar to how Marvel is treating Black Panther right now; Black Panther is on the current roster in the flagship Avengers book (which never gets cancelled), and I think his new ongoing solo book launches this August.
    Last edited by MoneySpider; 06-30-2021 at 04:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    I'm actually tired of her being a team member in books that eventually get cancelled. I want DC to give her an ongoing solo as well as make her a member of the flagship Justice League book, which never gets cancelled (the only thing we would have to worry about with the flagship Justice League book is a writer coming in and removing Vixen from the roster).

It would be similar to how Marvel is treating Black Panther right now; Black Panther is on the current roster in the flagship Avengers book (which never gets cancelled), and I think his new ongoing solo book launches this August.
    She would need a major push to head line her own book. While she has a decent backstory, she needs to be on a team with other big guns to make her solo material first.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    She would need a major push to head line her own book. While she has a decent backstory, she needs to be on a team with other big guns to make her solo material first.
    Well, considering how a few years ago DC gave ongoing solo books right out of the gate to NEW characters like Sideways, Damage, The Silencer, etc., I think Vixen could headline her own book right now. If all the characters involved in that "New Age of Heroes" initiative from a few years back received major pushes before they were launched into their own ongoing solos, I must have missed it. I had no idea who they were before they just showed up out of the blue.

Also, since DC was willing to give her an ongoing way back in 1978, they can definitely give her an ongoing now, considering how the calls for diversity are even louder now than they were in 1978.
    Last edited by MoneySpider; 06-30-2021 at 07:39 PM.

Just give her a mini and if it sells well, upgrade it to an ongoing. That’s what Marvel did with Shang-Chi, DC just needs a good creative team to tackle Mari. I’m hoping she’ll show up in Young Justice Season 4 at least, even a cameo would be welcome at this point.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Just give her a mini and if it sells well, upgrade it to an ongoing. That’s what Marvel did with Shang-Chi, DC just needs a good creative team to tackle Mari. I’m hoping she’ll show up in Young Justice Season 4 at least, even a cameo would be welcome at this point.
    This reminds me how she showed up in the OG!DC Super Hero Girls as some girl who worked at a zoo...and then promptly never appeared again.

Although I feel like she needs more for DC to commit to her (the CWSeed series only helped a little) like the movie is doing for Shang-Chi.

The Silencer, Damage and Sideways didn't get mini-series to test the waters first. They were given ongoing books from jump. I don't think Vixen has to go the mini-series route.

I agree wit this part.

She need a well known wrier and artist to give her the push she need

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    This reminds me how she showed up in the OG!DC Super Hero Girls as some girl who worked at a zoo...and then promptly never appeared again.

Although I feel like she needs more for DC to commit to her (the CWSeed series only helped a little) like the movie is doing for Shang-Chi.
    As much as I hate to say it, a connection to one of the big guns would help sell her more to the public.

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    The Silencer, Damage and Sideways didn't get mini-series to test the waters first. They were given ongoing books from jump. I don't think Vixen has to go the mini-series route.
    Pretty sure all those books are canceled now.
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 06-30-2021 at 07:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Which is odd to me, considering how DC management had enough faith in her to give her an ongoing solo in 1978 (that never shipped), but over 40 years later, we're STILL waiting for DC to give her another ongoing.

It's not that odd if you've been following DC over the last 20 years.

A push sounds good and frankly, it is doable, but I wouldn't have any faith in DC being consistent with her. If you got a really good creative team and artist who came up with a novel approach that sold the best you could hope for is probably 30ish issues.

Putting her on the main Justice League and having DC truly push her would probably more effective long term. Or if she got a TV show that ran for multiple seasons or a good movie appearance. Don't hold your breath on that movie anytime soon tho
    The J-man