Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

I feel like Storm’s decision here felt so wrong and so right at the same time. Like, as a comic reader, you obviously want every character to be working to get back to the 616 timeline. But when you actually think about what’s true for Ororo as a character, that really wouldn’t have made any sense for who she is and what she believes in. I especially liked that she did have a plan to carve out some space for Arrako in the process and actually work to make this timeline better. I’m excited to see the results of her efforts in Year 1000.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    I feel like Storm’s decision here felt so wrong and so right at the same time. Like, as a comic reader, you obviously want every character to be working to get back to the 616 timeline. But when you actually think about what’s true for Ororo as a character, that really wouldn’t have made any sense for who she is and what she believes in. I especially liked that she did have a plan to carve out some space for Arrako in the process and actually work to make this timeline better. I’m excited to see the results of her efforts in Year 1000.
    She threaded an impossible metaphorical needle giving hope and life to a dead universe. It's beautful, tragic and so wrong but oh so right.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    i agree with this, although her justification was a bit odd. saying a universe for one planet was presumably about arrako (mars) but we already know various other planets have been destroyed and who knows how many are dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I liked how CableXibleMan was the strategic force necessary to counter the soccer ball ships. Being given second by second predictions and orchestrating countermoves for the entire team and then broadcasting them was amazing. I liked how right away he seems to be coming up with plans for their new system and how he advised Shockjock on what’s needed to handle the Progenitors. Good stuff.
    Yeah, that was very cool. Hoping to get some FoX news about where Cable will be showing up soon. Love how Ewing writes him.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by carmoc1234 View Post
    i agree with this, although her justification was a bit odd. saying a universe for one planet was presumably about arrako (mars) but we already know various other planets have been destroyed and who knows how many are dead.
    But the one that is the most personal for her is Arrako. From the beginning it was about that.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Yeah, that was very cool. Hoping to get some FoX news about where Cable will be showing up soon. Love how Ewing writes him.
    He killed it with cable. He was their best pilot.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I loved XMR #10 myself. Thought this issue was pretty good too. Very good showing for Storm. She went out like a boss. And I love how Ewing writes Cable... er, X-man in this event I suppose. Thought that was actually pretty clever on his part. Too bad he has no immediate plans for him post SoS.
    I might need to read that interview again, because I am curious as to what he meant by that. I don’t necessarily see Cable popping up in another book, so perhaps he meant that Cable will continue to feature as a cast member in Red business as usual? I know that’s not as exciting as, “the biggest Cable story ever is coming your way!”, but sometimes I like it when writers don’t oversell and just write the characters well.

Ewing put out a newsletter entry last night and he seemed to very much be celebratory as he enjoyed "a strong white russian" and tipsy-posted while listening to 80's classic "Easy Lover" by Philip Bailey and Phil Collins.

"You're the one who wants to hold her – hold her and control her! You'd better forget it! You'll never get it!" That's a direct quote from Storm to Destiny about Mystique in this week's soap-operatic Storm And The Brotherhood #2 - it's a comic that will get a hold on you! Believe it! Like no other, before you know it you'll be on your knees for the star-spanning, cosmos-searing art of Andrea Di Vito, just as Phil Collins sang! All this and Cable's new look, the evolving Jon Ironfire and fan favourite Loolo...'s granddaughter. And they all fly spaceships! It's like no other, I'm just trying to make you see!

I love Ewing jamming out to Easy Lover and incorporating its lyrics into his post after a few sips. It's a vibe.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by OG Storm View Post
    But the one that is the most personal for her is Arrako. From the beginning it was about that.
    i get that, just that i think storm only really thinking about one planet and not caring about the rest feels a little off for her.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I might need to read that interview again, because I am curious as to what he meant by that. I don’t necessarily see Cable popping up in another book, so perhaps he meant that Cable will continue to feature as a cast member in Red business as usual? I know that’s not as exciting as, “the biggest Cable story ever is coming your way!”, but sometimes I like it when writers don’t oversell and just write the characters well.
    Here's what was said...

Any upcoming plans or developments for Cable that you can tease? Will we see him "weaponize" his techno-organic virus again like he did in X-men Red #10?

I think he'll have a part to play in upcoming issues -- not immediately but down the line -- and I can't imagine other sectors of the X-Room won't want to have him pop in, especially as we move towards future plans that can't be spoiled.
    From: https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/al...ts/ar-AA17IFCJ

So he'll show up in future issues. Just not immediately. The second part above re: other sectors of the X-Room wanting him to "pop in" was interpreted by some as a hint that Cable will be showing up somewhere else during Fall of X. We'll see I guess...
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by carmoc1234 View Post
    i get that, just that i think storm only really thinking about one planet and not caring about the rest feels a little off for her.
    Well, she wasn't thinking about one planet. She was thinking about the Universe as a Whole knowing that it can be wiped away by Moira Engine. Storm is a champion for All Life not a select few. Storm's view is that Just because things are bad in this Twisted Universe Timeline doesn't mean things can't get better. This was pretty spot on in character for her.
    #StormNeverDied
    #BindingLightOFAyesha!!!
    #AsgardianStorm
    #AlEwingbestStormWriter

In Ororo's Name....Let the Wormhole Open!!
    Ororo Munro: Regent of Arakko, Holder of the Seat of Loss, Omega Level Mutant, Goddess of Balance.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post
    Well, she wasn't thinking about one planet. She was thinking about the Universe as a Whole knowing that it can be wiped away by Moira Engine. Storm is a champion for All Life not a select few. Storm's view is that Just because things are bad in this Twisted Universe Timeline doesn't mean things can't get better. This was pretty spot on in character for her.
    This is a really important point that got lost for a second. She did choose life for an entire diseased universe/timeline. Mystique did too which is really strange to write. She chose that universe to give it hope in the midst of insane darkness.

Quote Originally Posted by OG Storm View Post
    This is a really important point that got lost for a second. She did choose life for an entire diseased universe/timeline. Mystique did too which is really strange to write. She chose that universe to give it hope in the midst of insane darkness.
    It’s honestly a really good writing choice. A lot of times in stories like this it feels like the characters know that they’re in a AU so they’re very willing to erase everything they’ve known so that the story can return to SQ. Here it feels like they’ll be some real weight when whoever finally gets to do the Moira reset.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Can I ask a little thing? Who was the Accuser, was that the current one we saw in Captain Marvel?
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    It’s honestly a really good writing choice. A lot of times in stories like this it feels like the characters know that they’re in a AU so they’re very willing to erase everything they’ve known so that the story can return to SQ. Here it feels like they’ll be some real weight when whoever finally gets to do the Moira reset.
    Exactly, I don't think the reset will be what we think it is. It's going to be something else.