Page 97 of 774 FirstFirst ... 478793949596979899100101107147197597 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,455 of 11598

I don't feel Carol was written off for decades; but he had a chance to rewrite or refocus her.

I thought it was essential that her Rogue experience wiped away her memories and the emotional connections. Though her memories returned, it did take a long time for the emotional connection as I recall. Then she was experimented on by the Brood, became Binary, joined the Star Jammers so not a total neglect but sorta put in a specific area, for the not so widespread Marvel industry.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    I always liked Wanda and Carol's friendship which I feel doesn't get much attention anymore. I hope we can see some of it in the MCU especially since there really hasn't been a single friendship between two women so far (excluding Gamora and Nebula's strained sisterhood). I'm assuming they'll probably just focus on Jessica Drew's friendship with Carol after Jessica is introduced though.

I also liked how Wanda always felt the most guilty and ashamed of how Carol was treated. Although I will say that as bad as Avengers 200 was with Carol's rape, Claremont basically did the exact same thing to her in Avengers Annual 10 with Rogue and it effectively wrote Carol off for decades. So Claremont's outrage at Carol's situation can somewhat ring false knowing that what he wrote Rogue to do caused Carol to lose her identity, memories, and emotional connection to everything she ever knew, a sort of rape in itself.

At least we'll see Kirsten Dunst's MJ again in the new Spider-Man 3 so I am curious to see how she'll be written there. If the villain of WandaVision turns out to be Nightmare or Mephisto, I'm guessing he'll be the main villain in Doctor Strange 2 . It's the MCU movie I'm most excited for now because of Wanda's involvement and I'd love to see her interact with Strange onscreen. I did want to see Clea introduced but now I'm totally okay with her being absent. I am a Pietro fan, although a lot of that is because he's Wanda's brother, so I am very disappointed that he seems to be written off for good. I was holding out hope he'd be back for real in WandaVision but that doesn't seem likely at all now. Has ATJ ever said anything about reprising his role or not wanting to return?
    Yeah, I'm looking forward to the Multiverse of Madness too. And trust me, that's very strange because I'm not always that interested in magical/mystical stories. But Cumberbatch has totally won me over with his Stark-like approach to Strange. I think it's great. I'll be happy to see Wanda there too. I do feel that Olsen already misses working with Bettany, Hahn, Peters and Shakman though. I don't know what's the deal with ATJ. Maybe he'll show up in a flashback in Episode 8? Or perhaps he was busy with other things. It sure seems like he's missing out on a lot of fun. I'm looking forward to Love and Thunder too because of Waititi, but I'm nervous about the romantic storyline between Thor and Jane. It's boring and I hope they talk about other things.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Yeah, I'm looking forward to the Multiverse of Madness too. And trust me, that's very strange because I'm not always that interested in magical/mystical stories. But Cumberbatch has totally won me over with his Stark-like approach to Strange. I think it's great. I'll be happy to see Wanda there too. I do feel that Olsen already misses working with Bettany, Hahn, Peters and Shakman though. I don't know what's the deal with ATJ. Maybe he'll show up in a flashback in Episode 8? Or perhaps he was busy with other things. It sure seems like he's missing out on a lot of fun. I'm looking forward to Love and Thunder too because of Waititi, but I'm nervous about the romantic storyline between Thor and Jane. It's boring and I hope they talk about other things.
    You actually bring up a very interesting point.

Will this MCU continue with only 1 of the twins?

Or will "QS" return be part of whatever brings mutants, X-gene into the MCU.

The distinction is enormous in most respects. Most comic fans would want to see him back, especially if that means he (or both of them) will be in X-Men movies in the MCU.
    So it almost seems that one of the things that could happen - Theory, not a spoiler - is
    Quicksilver in some form, returns to the MCU. But the Vision and the twins are collateral damage or until Strange 2 or future projects.

Who thinks QS will be back sooner, than the X-Men or mutant characters will? Or that he won't at all?

Most fans of the movies think Cap got the ending he deserved, with Peggy, but to me, his true romance is of course with Sharon Carter, for nearly decades.
    ~ Oberon ~
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    You actually bring up a very interesting point.

Will this MCU continue with only 1 of the twins?

Or will "QS" return be part of whatever brings mutants, X-gene into the MCU.

The distinction is enormous in most respects. Most comic fans would want to see him back, especially if that means he (or both of them) will be in X-Men movies in the MCU.
    So it almost seems that one of the things that could happen - Theory, not a spoiler - is
    Quicksilver in some form, returns to the MCU. But the Vision and the twins are collateral damage or until Strange 2 or future projects.

Who thinks QS will be back sooner, than the X-Men or mutant characters will? Or that he won't at all?

Most fans of the movies think Cap got the ending he deserved, with Peggy, but to me, his true romance is of course with Sharon Carter, for nearly decades.
    I think Quicksilver and Vision remain dead after WandaVision. I think Billy and Tommy live because they haven't "died". I think Marvel Studios wants to make death permanent in their universe.

Scens like this would make be happy for Claremont to write Wanda and Vision

I think Quicksilver and Vision remain dead after WandaVision. I think Billy and Tommy live because they haven't "died". I think Marvel Studios wants to make death permanent in their universe.
    Quicksilver will probably remain dead. I see the Vision returning in his White form but done better. The twins will somehow stick around for any planned Young Avengers projects

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post

Scens like this would make be happy for Claremont to write Wanda and Vision
    Remembering this makes me cry a little. But is why she will always be my favorite Avenger.
    ~ Oberon ~

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Quicksilver will probably remain dead. I see the Vision returning in his White form but done better. The twins will somehow stick around for any planned Young Avengers projects
    Humor me. Do you think that in an X-Men merged into the MCU, that things like Magneto as parent will matter? Would they re establish the parent linkage. Or will they forever stay away in the MCU?

'cuz now I'm thinking you guys are right, but I can't square it with QS being alive in the comics.
    ~ Oberon ~

Remembering this makes me cry a little. But is why she will always be my favorite Avenger.
    Avengers Annual #10 was when I really got to know about Wanda and Vision and it is where my love for the two began.

Humor me. Do you think that in an X-Men merged into the MCU, that things like Magneto as parent will matter? Would they re establish the parent linkage. Or will they forever stay away in the MCU?

'cuz now I'm thinking you guys are right, but I can't square it with QS being alive in the comics.
    As I have stated before Magneto being the twins parents only benefitted Magneto, so I don't think it should be re-established. Also Wanda has/had established parents in the MCU, we don't need the pointless family retcons that the comics seem to love.

i know it ins't the best comic but i started to be a Wanda fan during the Avengers vs X-Men comic, i knew barely nothing about comics till 2012 when my cousin showed me this Marvel event, i saw Wanda and i quickly fall in love with her design and her weird magical/mutant powers.

i was like, This woman is really powerful why are this mutants so afraid of her? and then i read all her past history and bad writing with HoM/Disassembled.

Last edited by Cruelrain; 02-21-2021 at 11:18 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Writer Chris Claremont talks about his love for Wanda and Vision in a Facebook post, artist John Byrne remains silent.

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/chri...ision-in-mind/
    Claremont was the X-writer who handled Wanda when she was comatose and staying with Magneto between "Avengers Disassembled" and "House of M" (so he didn't actually get to write her, but he wrote Magneto and Xavier talking about her) and then he was writing X-Men during House of M and the Decimation storyline. So it's sweet that he shares the fans' feeling of creeping dread through all this. He knows where this might lead if Feige were like a Marvel comics editor... fortunately he's probably smarter than that.

Anyway I've kind of given up hope for a happy ending for Wanda and Vision because the entire series revolves around the idea that Wanda has to accept that his death is permanent. I haven't given up hope that the children could survive. There aren't many characters in the MCU who are parents and Wanda actually raising her teenage sons would be something new and unique for the character.

Unfortunately there are still way too many ways the ending could go wrong even if it doesn't make Wanda the villain (which even the show itself has admitted is unlikely) so I'm not getting my hopes up too high.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    i know it ins't the best comic but i started to be a Wanda fan during the Avengers vs X-Men comic, i knew barely nothing about comics till 2012 when my cousin showed me this Marvel event, i saw Wanda and i quickly fall in love with her design and her weird magical/mutant powers.

i was like, This woman is really powerful why are this mutants so afraid of her? and then i read all her past history and bad writing with HoM/Disassembled.
    It's not a great comic, no, but Coipel's issues have some of the most incredible art of Wanda, his first chance after House of M to draw Wanda as a hero in her Avengers costume and all. Few artists have ever made her look so beautiful and powerful.

While it wasn't great, it was probably a better event for Wanda fans than pretty much anything else in the last decade. She got to reconnect with her friends like Carol, she was written neither as a jerk nor cringingly apologetic about what she'd done... dumb event, but good for the character.
    Last edited by gurkle; 02-21-2021 at 11:32 AM.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post

That is a Lovely Story Cruelrain, I mean it cause I know what you are talking about Allot!

Indeed this was around My Time I was coming back into comics as well, it was more 2011 before but in 2012 and My Re-Dicovery of My Love for Wanda is when I REALLY got back into comics at this point. Also the Avengers Movie, The 1 Year into the DC New 52 at the time and Me coming to CBR where also moments during this as well that got me more and back invested.

It is honestly a good moment to get into Wanda and be Intrigued by her cause of her showing and the Amazing artwork!

Indeed and Honeslty when you get past worrying over the history and the debut over Wanda and the X-Men at the time, it is at many moments a really Beautiful Comic and a Really Bad-A$$ moment for Wanda. She indeed was an MVP of the Event that felt like at times it made sense with her connects to Realty, Choas and being a Nexus being, that she had this great power but came with Limits and Prices but still gave it her all.

Also Some Great Battles Espically Between the P5 and Wanda, espically Namor and Her during the flooding of Wakanda, Which our Wanda SAVED WAKANDA FROM BEING DRAWNED!

That is to me a moment I keep hyping threw the Years and I have talked to enought Black Panther Fans that like that moment too.

It indeed was while at times Heartbreaking moments for Wanda, it was also a clear example of why she is a hero and despite even parts of the hero community trying to slow her down, she still fights on doing what she can to make things right while helping as many as she can like with Hope and helping to re-start mutants by the end.

Honestly while it has it problems, it is still an event that has many amazing moments, Wanda's being some of the best!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Cool

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

I don't think they'll make the connection. Especially with Pietro being dead.