Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Amazing Member

I think this would lead to conflicts among the Kroakoans

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post

Dani should be repping the New Mutants generation, IMO, but at least Doug and Ilyanna, while not part of the O5 New Mutants, are in the heirarchy as voice of Krakoa and Captain, respectively. And yeah, the Morlocks could use a voice, but it's also been suggested that at least some of the Morlocks are avoiding Krakoa and living in a gated community in Arizona instead.
    I really think Dani should have been a captain instead of Magik. Magik is everywhere and was never much of a leader.

Yes Dani makes more sense to me than Magik. Magik doesn't and hasn't really played well with others, let alone leading them. Even in Dead Souls...

it is the more interesting and efficient choice to use the concept of united mutants to push characters next to ones they are unfamiliar with
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    The point of Krakoa is that now they are united
    Yeah, basically this.

As to the question of why so many characters/factions who are used to fighting each other are now working together: do we even know for sure yet which events in X-history are still canon?
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

The point of Krakoa is that now they are united
    agreed! there shouldn't be a dedicated group of mutants to each of the council members. teams should be assembled based on need and threat they have to address.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

I'm ready for Exodus to team up with Selene, Shaw and Mystique and shake things up. Maybe bring in Sabretooth and Destiny. now there's a team.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nash View Post
    I'm ready for Exodus to team up with Selene, Shaw and Mystique and shake things up. Maybe bring in Sabretooth and Destiny. now there's a team.
    The problem (for villains, advantage for X-men) is that most villains loathe each other.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nash View Post
    Exodus is a religious fanatic and is a fervent supporter of Krakoa, I dont see him teaming with Shaw or Mystique.

Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by crimsontt View Post
    I’d love to have a galore of X-titles/minis with mutant teams we had never seen in x-titles before. This is an interesting road we could have now under Hickmans era.

Acolytes - lead by magneto, with polaris, fabian, amelia, unuscione etc
    Marauders - sinister, greycrow, vertigo, sabretooth, arclight etc
    Dark riders - apocalypse, archangel, gauntlet (I know that must of the dark riders are inhumans though)
    Brotherhood - Mystique, Pyro, Toad, Phantazia, Avalanche, Blob
    Morlocks - storm, callisto, marrow and other morlocks
    Hellfire Club- shaw, donald, selene, etc
    Hellions - emma, Hellion, empath, tarot etc
    X-men - xavier, cyclops, wolverine etc
    Excallibur - betsy, meggan, nightcrawler, Syrin, rogue, gambit
    X-force - cable, domino, warpath etc
    X-factor -multiple man, monet, Quicksilver, wolfsbane, layla miller etc
    New Mutants - magik, cannonball, mirage, sunspot, magma, karma etc
    Sorry, but this sounds like we're setting the clock back 20-30 years.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Milici View Post
    Exodus is a religious fanatic and is a fervent supporter of Krakoa, I dont see him teaming with Shaw or Mystique.
    Yeah, I could see him getting bamboozled into supporting them before getting inevitably betrayed, 'cause he's a bit of a bad stereotype of 'religious belief = gullible reactionary fool', but not deliberately getting into bed with either of them (although I could totally see either attempting that last, literally...).

Some of the others, well. Selene's got a history of using Shaw. Shaw and Mystique both have history's of using (or attempting to use) everybody. There are a ton of sketchy folk wandering around Krakoa that could be (mis)guided into shenanigans, like the various former Mutant Liberation Front-ers, Acolytes, etc. and plenty of easily duped young minds like the original Hellions.

I'd be up for seeing some serious internal stuff going on, and not every threat to Krakoa coming from genocidal humans or the Phalanx or the Golden Granny Gardeners or whatever.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by thecoolaidkid View Post
    I think this would lead to conflicts among the Kroakoans
    It certainly opens the door to things like the Red/White/Black factions already up to shenanigans in Marauders, or ulterior motives such as Hellions.

Hellions is the best model for casts, future titles should follow its example.

I see 7 factions and 5 teams. It would be great to have faction inside of the X-men itself, The closest we have to that is Cable and X-force( I guess you can count Schism as well).

Krakoa being united doesn't mean they aren't factions.You can be united and have philosophical differences the mutants just like real life minorities are not a monolithic group. What the Morlocks and Hellfire club want are two different things, What Magneto and Apocalypse want is the same but different methodology to get to mutants superiority. I love that there is X-force which is becoming the Section 31 of the X-men universe. In comic universe where tons of characters sit in limbo they have more use sitting in these groups being made into complex protagonist/antagonist. The X-men franchise is capable of multiple views as example

1.Coexistence but completely peaceful
    2.Coexistence but reactive(X-men)
    3.Coexistence but proactive(X-force)
    4. Isolationist but peaceful(Morlocks)
    5. Isolationist but well reactively will defend( Genosha)
    6. Isolationist but violent(Genenation)
    6. Just looking out for small group of mutants(Hellfire Club,MLF)
    7. Mutants are the dominant species but we don't have kill every human to that(Brotherhood)
    8.Mutants are the dominant species ,We have no problem wiping out the human race to make that happen( Apocalypse)
    9. Agents of Chaos(Mr Sinister)

Throwing out Charles and Eric like Coexistence or Conflict are the only choices feels like they are missing out on things. Especially when you could have 3 or 4 other characters who have the same weight to universe as Magneto and Xavier.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 09-26-2020 at 11:07 PM.

Fantastic Member

The problem (for villains, advantage for X-men) is that most villains loathe each other.
    True but it’s the unsteadiness of those relationship that makes for a fascinating story esp if the writer is able to flesh out their motivations and disagreements. There’s a lot of grey area right now with Krakoa. So much opportunities for compelling story telling but somehow we are just getting mediocre stories for the most part.