View Poll Results: John to JLA, Kyle to Titans, and Baz and Cruz in new roles?

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

19 39.58%
  • No

22 45.83%
  • Unsure / No opinion

7 14.58%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

Default John in JL and Kyle in Titans?

With Baz and Cruz getting non-Lantern roles in the DCU?

What do you think?
    Last edited by Trey Strain; 01-26-2018 at 06:21 AM.

BANNED

Instead of JLA I meant Justice League for John. JLA is probably getting canceled.

And John and Kyle would no longer be Hal's co-stars.
    Last edited by Trey Strain; 01-26-2018 at 06:28 AM.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

First, a big no as to removing Simon and Jessica from the corps.

Second, theoretically it could work. Kyle even was a Titan for five minutes. Bu5t he has no relatiopnship dynamic with most of those characters besides Wally, and because of the differences in his backstory and era, it could also fail miserably. But I'm not against it.

As for the JL, sure: anyone but Jordan is fine.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post

Second, theoretically it could work. Kyle even was a Titan for five minutes. Bu5t he has no relatiopnship dynamic with most of those characters besides Wally, and because of the differences in his backstory and era, it could also fail miserably. But I'm not against it.

Simon and Jessica's comic will get canceled. DC pushed them hard but it didn't work, as was predictable. There are at least two too many Earth Lanterns anyway. Time to try something different.

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post

I loved those 5 minutes of Kyle in Titans, he had a great relationship with Wally and was in love with Donna! A coupling I'd like to have again.
    John in JL is desirable too, sorry Baz and Cruz fans.

I am a fan of John, Kyle and Hal being in the same book, so I voted no.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post
    Simon and Jessica's comic will get canceled. DC pushed them hard but it didn't work, as was predictable. There are at least two too many Earth Lanterns anyway. Time to try something different.
    1) We don't know that.

2) If if they end up getting cancelled, it doesn't prevent them from existing. "Let's make this Green Lantern something else" is the worst way to go, always.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Deku View Post
    I am a fan of John, Kyle and Hal being in the same book, so I voted no.
    Hal Jordan & the GLC is one of the best books at the moment, I'd like to remember also Guy relevance.
    Anyway we could also have the boys interact with other teams without leaving the main GLC book.
    Last edited by failo.legendkiller; 01-26-2018 at 07:18 AM.

Just saying that Justice League of America and Green Lanterns will "probably get cancelled" doesn't automatically make it so, and please don't just say the "numbers" from Diamond mean it's a done-deal.

Do you have any other proof from legitimate, named sources that either will happen? Otherwise, we're dealing with yet another currently flawed proposition.

Quote Originally Posted by failo.legendkiller View Post
    Hal Jordan & the GLC is one of the best books at the moment, I'd like to remember also Guy relevance.
    Anyway we could also have the boys interact with other teams without leaving the main GLC book.
    I think that would be the best way to do it. If the original poster didn't stipulate that John and Kyle would leave HJatGLC if they joined these teams, I would have voted yes.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

I like the idea with John. Anything to bring John back to Earth and away from the Corps for a good couple years, let Kilowog lead them for a bit. John became loved from the JL cartoon so I would replicate it.

I'm not happy with the current "Hal and Pals" because if I see "GLC" on something I expect to see the popular alien lanterns do something. Most of them are just wallpaper and don't get any focus because the obvious human lanterns are taking it all. I wouldn't have this problem if they were balanced. Englehart, for example, was able to balance John, Hal, Guy, Carol and the GLC perfectly. It's not written badly but the direction is not my favorite.

I like Baz and Cruz as lanterns so don't know if I would take that away.

I voted unsure but I don't think there should be two Lanterns in the League. Jordan better separate their power batteries soon because they are no longer rookies and there's no reason for them to be stuck with each other anymore.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I definitely don't want a Lantern in the Titans. They have enough trouble not being seen as a Jr. Justice League as it is. All they would be missing is a J'onn expy and they would have a full Mini Big 7.

One of them in JLA could work though.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    I like the idea with John. Anything to bring John back to Earth and away from the Corps for a good couple years, let Kilowog lead them for a bit. John became loved from the JL cartoon so I would replicate it.

I'm not happy with the current "Hal and Pals" because if I see "GLC" on something I expect to see the popular alien lanterns do something. Most of them are just wallpaper and don't get any focus because the obvious human lanterns are taking it all. I wouldn't have this problem if they were balanced. Englehart, for example, was able to balance John, Hal, Guy, Carol and the GLC perfectly. It's not written badly but the direction is not my favorite.

I like Baz and Cruz as lanterns so don't know if I would take that away.
    He sure did. Van Jensen actually did a great job of balancing all the Earth Lanterns and the alien Lanterns in GLC as well. It definitely can (and should) be done.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

With the way the DCU is set up now Kyle has zero ties to anyone in the Titans. In this time he never worked with Wally and never dated Donna. It would make no sense to try and cram him in there. The Titans are not just Justice League Junior anymore and don't need a younger version of every member of the League.