Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Gideon Falls

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gohei_ View Post
    I just read the first issue of this (it was free on Comixology). It's pretty interesting and I might continue reading.
    The first 4 volumes are on sale at The moment.
    You certainly won’t regret it.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    You certainly won’t regret it.
    I about to finish vol 1, and yeah, I'm gonna get the rest of them.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks they tanked the ending?
    I wouldn't so much say that they tanked the ending as that they failed to stick it. The resolution was kind of... meh. The art, of course, was dazzling.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks they tanked the ending? I love the book and his Andrea's art but being forced to rotate the book as I was reading and still not being able to tell the order of some of the speech bubbles. It just didnt do it for me.
    Just read the whole thing. Ending did not impress, felt like Lemire wrote himself into a corner and didn’t know how to write himself out. Shame too since I was overall enjoying it.

spoilers:
    The hell was even the point on ending on a cliffhanger of Danny maybe being possessed?
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Just read the whole thing. Ending did not impress, felt like Lemire wrote himself into a corner and didn’t know how to write himself out. Shame too since I was overall enjoying it.

spoilers:
    The hell was even the point on ending on a cliffhanger of Danny maybe being possessed?
    end of spoilers
    I thought as we approached the end that the best way to end this story might be similar to Stephen Kings The Dark Tower...in that we start exactly where we began, and we just hope they took something with them from their past experience of it all to give us a new outcome.
    I thought that would’ve been sweet, anyway.

Just finished volume 1. Not sure I say I would like it but damn if I’m not intrigued and want to know what happens next. I have no idea how any of you read this in floppy format though those endings would have driven me crazy.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    Just finished volume 1. Not sure I say I would like it but damn if I’m not intrigued and want to know what happens next. I have no idea how any of you read this in floppy format though those endings would have driven me crazy.
    I bought it digitally. Usually I'd wait a few months then read a bunch in a row.

Digital is definitely not the best format for that wonderful, mind-bending art. I'll be buying the HCs when they come out.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spike-X View Post
    I bought it digitally. Usually I'd wait a few months then read a bunch in a row.

Digital is definitely not the best format for that wonderful, mind-bending art. I'll be buying the HCs when they come out.
    I'm with you. I read the first 4 trades digitally but I felt like I was missing out on the art, and once the hardcover was announced I decided to stop reading and wait for that instead.

All-New Member

I just pre ordered the Deluxe Edition. Cannot wait to read this for the first time and experience Andrea Sorrentino's art in a nice format like this.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Capsol View Post
    I just pre ordered the Deluxe Edition. Cannot wait to read this for the first time and experience Andrea Sorrentino's art in a nice format like this.
    Just ordered my copy as well. Hope vol 2 is not far beind!