Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Batman and the Outsiders
    Tim Drake
    Damian Wayne

Most of the criticism against him was in the later years where he was given books he didnt fit (X Men? GotG? Get outta here) and was being given too much to do. He works better as just a writer writing street level books.
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

Despite Bendis not being nearly what he used to be, he’s still a huge name in the industry and could do wonders for lower tier DC characters. He really raised the status of a number of lesser known Marvel characters. Would love to see him do that again.

Bronze Tiger
    The Question
    Zatanna
    Captain Steel
    The Creeper
    OMAC

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Cyborg...with conditions. One bring back the Walker upgrades and two give Cyborg access to big time villains. Then let him do his thing.
    Didn’t even think about Cyborg but that would be great as well. Cyborg is in desperate need of a creative team shake up. A writer who won’t just do the same old “am I man or machine” trope.

Extraordinary Member

Something Street level.

Hmm, maybe give him Red Hood and the Outlaws?

oh The Question that could be something bring back Vic and see what he can do.

Maybe
    Kate Spencer too.

I thought on the Creeper. Another Steve Ditko creation, street level and unknown enough if Bendis need to flex his creative muscle with minimal Damage Colateral.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Not sure. And it depends if the stories would be standalone stories or in current continuity.

Maybe something different and unexpected like Hawk & Dove

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Something Street level.

Hmm, maybe give him Red Hood and the Outlaws?
    Stop it, don't scare me like this. I wouldn't mind him doing something with The Shade or Zatanna or hell even Dr Fate. Just keep him away from RHATO. Please!

Quote Originally Posted by SomeCBFanboy View Post
    Stop it, don't scare me like this. I wouldn't mind him doing something with The Shade or Zatanna or hell even Dr Fate. Just keep him away from RHATO. Please!
    I've seen what he did to Scarlet Witch and how nerfed Dr. Strange was in Avengers.

I don't think I need to see Bendis writing any of DC's mystics. Except maybe Constantine.

Amazing Member

Knowing DC - they're putting Bendis on a big book - despite his recent work, what's the point of hiring a big name only to put him on a small book?

We know he does well with street level characters - I'd imagine Batman is an obvious choice and really - DC can sell as much Batman books as they can if they have the right teams for them. I would imagine a perfect fit would be to put him on an All Star Batman or All Star Batman and Robin title - continuity free, street level setting and a great cast to work with. Plus since we know that DC's editorial has improved vastly, pretty sure they can reign him in in case he still goes too far.

BANNED

The Question is actually a pretty good idea. But somehow I'm sure we'll see him write Justice League, Batman, Superman, Green Lantern and Wonder Woman instead...

The Question
    Gotham Central (But using Jim, Bullock and Montoya as the major characters)
    Maybe Azrael, Batwing or Duke Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by crossbones View Post
    The Question is actually a pretty good idea. But somehow I'm sure we'll see him write Justice League, Batman, Superman, Green Lantern and Wonder Woman instead...
    Sadly that’s probably true. DC has an opportunity to build up a low tier character with a huge name creator but I’m betting they’ll put him on yet another Batman book.

I reckon plastic man, maybe green arrow.

Oracle might be interesting tho

None.

Have him write the Elseworlds books instead so he can mess up the characters all he wants.

He's coming in with a bang, so he is getting a Cadilliac book. Be it a Batman or Superman or JL/A, he will take one of those and it will probably be JL/A...

I think his best writing is gritty crime drama so something like GCPD or even Constantine would be good. Maybe it can rekindle something in him and he can be at the top of his game again...
    Last edited by krazijoe; 11-08-2017 at 06:34 AM.