Page 326 of 662 FirstFirst ... 226276316322323324325326327328329330336376426 ... LastLast
Results 4,876 to 4,890 of 9921
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by terrancejameson View Post
    Baaaaabyyyyyyyaa, I’ll come back to that relationship. The way she and wolverine were accepted as opposed to today's showing in BP is really something to ponder. Can we play a game of twenty questions?

1) why is it important to you that Storm does more than shoot lightning with the X-men?
    2) why is it important that Storm recognizes her goddess heritage in the X-men?
    3) why is it important that Storm addresses her intersectionality with the X-men?
    4) why is it important that she talks about gentrification in the X-men?

I could keep going, but can you see a reoccurring theme? Is there a uniformed response that successfully answers all these questions? You and I know full well the ONE answer to each of these questions. The real meat of the discussion is whether or not you trust the person that tries to have a serious debate without answering these questions for themselves. If I was seriously asking you those questions, would you take me seriously? Would I be worth the response and the energy it takes to muster up the courage to answer such levels of anti intellectualism? I ask these questions with you knowing that I KNOW (considering I have been reading it for years) that Storm has faced years of humiliation by quite a few of the flagship writers? Would YOU take me seriously on these matters I’m attempting to have an enlightened discussion about?
    Right!! Fans were ecstatic over that announcement because Ororo was sticking it to Tchalla!! smh.

I have one question. do you think we will ever get to a point where we will not have to ask these questions?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Personal opinion: This thread sucks now. We've devolved from interesting conversation about a COMIC BOOK CHARACTER into personal attacks against other posters. We are all entitled to our own opinions. Disagreements can be had without attacks. The joy from this thread is gone for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormrocks View Post
    Personal opinion: This thread sucks now. We've devolved from interesting conversation about a COMIC BOOK CHARACTER into personal attacks against other posters. We are all entitled to our own opinions. Disagreements can be had without attacks. The joy from this thread is gone for me.
    who has personally attacked someone? I think I missed something??

I thought the discussion, though we disagree, has been lighthearted and respectful.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    By The Bright Lady!!! What are you doing here?!?!?!
    I enjoy Storm the X-woman

Just not a fan of Storm, god of Wakanda, consorter of T'challa lol

So I generally stop by Wednesdays to see if Storm got to do anything in the X books and then generally leave disappointed.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

No one is attacking anyone else. Trust and believe this is all in fun and all involved get it. Nothing but love here

Enjoyed BP #15. Coates has such a good handle in Storm and BP as a couple. If they become an official couple I think the X -Office should at least acknowledge it, if not have BP appear in some X-stories with Ororo. Marvel #1000 was a nice one. I <3 Jen Bartel.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    Enjoyed BP #15. Coates has such a good handle in Storm and BP as a couple. If they become an official couple I think the X -Office should at least acknowledge it, if not have BP appear in some X-stories with Ororo. Marvel #1000 was a nice one. I <3 Jen Bartel.
    I thought they've been an official couple since at least last year if not longer

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I thought they've been an official couple since at least last year if not longer
    I don’t think its ever been stated that they are officially together. We know they are together but....nothing stating boyfriend/girlfriend (would probably be weird for a high profile king in a way), not likely to remarry but obviously more than friends with benefits.
    Be the change you wish to see in the world.

I don’t think its ever been stated that they are officially together. We know they are together but....nothing stating boyfriend/girlfriend (would probably be weird for a high profile king in a way), not likely to remarry but obviously more than friends with benefits.
    I agree. Most times in other books there is usually "we don't know what the future holds" statements. I think Storm said something like that in Wakanda Forever: Xmen.

BANNED

Right!! Fans were ecstatic over that announcement because Ororo was sticking it to Tchalla!! smh.

I have one question. do you think we will ever get to a point where we will not have to ask these questions?
    No. I don’t believe the day will come where we no longer have to ask these questions. I think X-men Gold is clear proof of this. There’s a good compare and contrast that happens there that doesn’t get much attention. Kitty’s character was disrespected without question and the outrage was understandable. The artist in question knew exactly what he was doing and the messages he sent with the start of that series. Fast forward many issues down the line and Storm is then assaulted by the American flag. The context of that scene is very much along the same lines of the incident with Kitty. This time the artist wasn’t to blame, the writer made that scene what it was. Those two scenes didn’t receive the same energy though. Ask yourself why?
    I think it’s worth mentioning that YOU are the only one that felt someone and their beliefs were under attack. The question was asked why Storm needs to be with a black man? A few different people gave their response. The implied “hotepery” that simmered just below the surface of that question wasn’t taken as an attack by those that sought to give a better understanding. No one was forced to change their beliefs and they certainly weren’t made to silence themselves in the face of opposing viewpoints. The brand of race politics that comes along with Storm’s character was never a fun topic tbh. If it was such a fun and lighthearted topic, we’d probably see more of it in the X-men books that she’s part of. It gets avoided because of its touchy nature. Many will disagree. That’s the name of the game. But not a soul was made to feel that their opinion was less than. That’s something you felt on your own.
    who has personally attacked someone? I think I missed something??

I thought the discussion, though we disagree, has been lighthearted and respectful.
    I can only assume that Storm’s racial politics and the part they play in HER narrative in the X-men books is a bit too touchy. I get it. I guess I’ll change my questions to you. The gist is still the same though. What would be your response if I asked you if Storm could make it rain on the sun? With you and I being quite educated on her powers, how likely are you to engage me on a serious note? You and I both know that “coronal rain” (rain from the sun) ends up becoming solar winds that Storm is capable of manipulating. So how likely are you to take my question seriously and fire back with a response, fully intent of convincing of your answer? It’s not about whether or not you take me seriously personally. Do you take the question seriously and are you likely to put much energy into convincing me what should be pretty common knowledge? Hopefully no one feels attacked by that. And the topic is much more lighthearted than her role as the token in the X-men.
    Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I enjoy Storm the X-woman

Just not a fan of Storm, god of Wakanda, consorter of T'challa lol

So I generally stop by Wednesdays to see if Storm got to do anything in the X books and then generally leave disappointed.
    You sound like a Storm fan through and through. lolol
    No one is attacking anyone else. Trust and believe this is all in fun and all involved get it. Nothing but love here
    While I’m in total agreement with you here, I highly doubt that was directed at you or Stormphoenix.
    You just said what many of the fans of the relationship have been requesting for years. Marvel #1000 was absolutely beautiful. I think it’s all the anticipation for a potential Storm solo, but Jen Bartel’s Storm just gets me giddy in way that I can’t quite explain. I’m just ready to see her name as the lead artist for a Storm centered title. I need it in my life.
    Last edited by terrancejameson; 08-29-2019 at 08:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    I agree. Most times in other books there is usually "we don't know what the future holds" statements. I think Storm said something like that in Wakanda Forever: Xmen.
    ororo confirmed they were back together in wakanda forever:

Didnt X-men Red confirm they were together when Jean questioned T'Challa about his status with Storm?

ororo confirmed they were back together in wakanda forever:

The last speech bubble says what I said.

Didnt X-men Red confirm they were together when Jean questioned T'Challa about his status with Storm?
    Tchalla says I suppose we're close again.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    The last speech bubble says what I said.
    "even if it is in secret"

"uncertainty, I don't know what our future holds"

Marvel is hanging in the middle with the relationship until they see what the MCU does about Storm and T'challa.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html