Page 116 of 155 FirstFirst ... 1666106112113114115116117118119120126 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,740 of 2317
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

As we sit and wonder if Larry Fitzgerald will return (they want him back in 2020 as do I...he's a pro's pro. A class act ala Tony Gonzalez) , he's 10 yards away from 17,000 career receiving yards. Fitzgerald will cross it next week. He is #2 in career receiving yards , and #2 in career receptions. A certain Hall of Fame bound guy and 1st ballet whenever he retires.

But his marks could be broken in a couple seasons after he retires. Julio Jones if he continues the march he's on will be 31 next season. Right now Jones has 780 career receptions. He is 29 from passing his former Falcons team mate Roddy White on the list for 34th on career receptions list. He has over 11,881 yards career wise. He will pass Michael Irvin for 27th on the list this week as he only needs 25 yards for that mark.

Jones seems to average 1,200-1,400 yards a season and 90-110 receptions a year. Right now he has 82 receptions on the season but he could easily get 90-100 his next 2 games. He also can break 12,000+ career yards by the end of the season. That will place him 5,000+ yards behind Fitzgerald.

So while Larry may play next year , his marks he is setting if Julio Jones keeps his pace up with no injuries ; he will shatter them by the time he's 34/35 at least.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

I think Fitz will show up in a big way this week.

Cards always seem to show up when the Seahawks need a win the most.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Josh Gordon is done.

Indefinite PED pop.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    As we sit and wonder if Larry Fitzgerald will return (they want him back in 2020 as do I...he's a pro's pro. A class act ala Tony Gonzalez) , he's 10 yards away from 17,000 career receiving yards. Fitzgerald will cross it next week. He is #2 in career receiving yards , and #2 in career receptions. A certain Hall of Fame bound guy and 1st ballet whenever he retires.

But his marks could be broken in a couple seasons after he retires. Julio Jones if he continues the march he's on will be 31 next season. Right now Jones has 780 career receptions. He is 29 from passing his former Falcons team mate Roddy White on the list for 34th on career receptions list. He has over 11,881 yards career wise. He will pass Michael Irvin for 27th on the list this week as he only needs 25 yards for that mark.

Jones seems to average 1,200-1,400 yards a season and 90-110 receptions a year. Right now he has 82 receptions on the season but he could easily get 90-100 his next 2 games. He also can break 12,000+ career yards by the end of the season. That will place him 5,000+ yards behind Fitzgerald.

So while Larry may play next year , his marks he is setting if Julio Jones keeps his pace up with no injuries ; he will shatter them by the time he's 34/35 at least.
    Not to downplay Jones, but he has had Matt Ryan throwing to him the whole time. Julio Jones hasn't had a lot of downtime and he's had a near HoF QB for most of those yards. The amazing thing about Larry is the number of absolute scrub QBs and coaches he's had to perform under. All the different throwing styles, different cadences and offensive schemes. Class of his own.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Not to downplay Jones, but he has had Matt Ryan throwing to him the whole time. Julio Jones hasn't had a lot of downtime and he's had a near HoF QB for most of those yards. The amazing thing about Larry is the number of absolute scrub QBs and coaches he's had to perform under. All the different throwing styles, different cadences and offensive schemes. Class of his own.
    Its true , Fitzgerald did have Kurt Warner and Carson Palmer for awhile as part of his career. So that helped him a lot to have that. Ryan has always been a consistent QB. A guy who performs well. Its amazing that him and Ryan could end up playing their whole careers together.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

In a HOLY FUCKING **** move....Kansas City jumped ahead on waivers and claimed LB/DE Terrell Suggs . Now its up to Suggs if he wants to come play the final few games for the Chiefs and the playoffs or not. But KC made the move due to injuries at DE and they wanted a pass rusher. Suggs coming in would be a stunner if it happens.

Oh yah ... he will play. Suggs will do anything just to have another shot at Tom Brady, which he is likely to have with KC. Brady is his white whale.

Bad news for the rest of the AFC, though!
    Last edited by Scott Taylor; 12-16-2019 at 04:32 PM.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Oh yah ... he will play. Suggs will do anything just to have another shot at Tom Brady, which he is likely to have with KC. Brady is his white whale.

Bad news for the rest of the AFC, though!
    It's been reported though that he only wants to return to Baltimore and would not report anywhere else, even to a contender, and that he intends to retire after the season and only wants to finish in Baltimore, so we'll see.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

In a HOLY FUCKING **** move....Kansas City jumped ahead on waivers and claimed LB/DE Terrell Suggs . Now its up to Suggs if he wants to come play the final few games for the Chiefs and the playoffs or not. But KC made the move due to injuries at DE and they wanted a pass rusher. Suggs coming in would be a stunner if it happens.
    Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    It's been reported though that he only wants to return to Baltimore and would not report anywhere else, even to a contender, and that he intends to retire after the season and only wants to finish in Baltimore, so we'll see.

-M
    He's been hurt most of the year in Arizona, but he still turned up on the stat sheets with 5.5 sacks and some forced fumbles and recoveries. He's not a bad guy to help a defense down the stretch.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

NFL News...

- According to Pro Football Talk , Terrell Suggs has informed the Chiefs he plans to show up and play in KC. The report claims Suggs wants a shot at a ring and KC gives him a chance at it. (I'd tell Suggs that KC has a huge curse and that playoff time usually disaster hits but hey , least he wants to show up to play)

- In a report its claimed several Browns players were yelling at the Arizona sideline to "Come , Get Me" as they aren't happy with how the season has went. Freddie Kitchens tried to down play it but the report claims that things aren't going well in Cleveland.

- Drew Brees has tied Peyton Manning for career TD passes. He's expected to break the TD mark in 2nd half.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

- In a report its claimed several Browns players were yelling at the Arizona sideline to "Come , Get Me" as they aren't happy with how the season has went. Freddie Kitchens tried to down play it but the report claims that things aren't going well in Cleveland.
    More evidence that Kitchens is in over his head, and with the Browns having miserably failed to live up to all the preseason hype, he’s sure to get the chop after the season ends.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Drew Brees broke the all time TD record tonight with his third TD. He's now thrown a 4th.

He also just broke the best completion percentage in a game ever as he's 29 of 30 right now. The old record was 28 of 29 by Phillip Rivers last year. Its the 4th quarter and its 34-0 so I'm betting they pull Brees at this point just to make sure he keeps the record.

Hilarious to me because I was arguing with a guy the other day on a Dolphins board about the top 10 all time QB list and whether Marino would make it, I'm not sure he will, and this other guy said that Brees won't be on it. I don't see how you keep out the guy who will end up #1 all time in so many important passing categories (especially now that Brady seems to have finally met father time).
    Last edited by TriggerWarning; 12-16-2019 at 09:01 PM.

Both Brees and Marino are all time. Speaking of the Phins, of course they passed on Brees for Dante Culpepper, cause Brees had a shoulder or something. Another great move by Miami.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Speaking of which as far as the NFL 100 top 10 QB's of all time, who does everyone think will make it?

I'm not even remotely qualified to judge pre superbowl era QB's but one thing that has been consistent on the lists so far is that they give 4-5 spots to pre superbowl era guys on each list. I'm not sure where Unitas falls as he bridges both eras but I figure he'll get a spot one side or the other since "experts" always claim he was the greatest QB of the pre superbowl era.

After that there are four no brainers of the superbowl era to me: Joe Montana, Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, and Drew Brees.

So even if Unitas falls into the 4-5 spots I reserve for the pre superbowl era there are only 1-2 spots left after this which is why I'm not sure if Marino makes it. Brett Favre has the stats and is 3 time MVP and superbowl champ. John Elway has two superbowl rings and isn't much behind Marino stat wise.

And if they give the last spot (or last two) to some combo of Elway, Marino, and Favre they have left out most of the 1960's and all of the 1970's out.

Drew Brees has passed Peyton Manning in career TD passes now. He also is destroying the Colts 34-0 with completing all his passes except 1 for the night. Its almost a magical night as Brees is literally killing Manning's old team.

It also speaks volumes for Brees who suffered setbacks in his career to start and yet is considered a Hall of Fame QB.

- In 2001 , Brees came out in draft and every team passed on him. Everyone was more focused on Michael Vick and him being this huge star. And Vick exploded on the scene and led his team to the playoffs and looked like a star. While Drew Brees struggled to start his career. He struggled those 2-3 seasons learning the game and it led to San Diego giving up on him.

- Brees would actually rebound his career under Marty Shottenheimer and looked like the star he would become. The Chargers were gonna trade Phillip Rivers that off season and give Brees a big extension. But then tragically he hurt his shoulder. Shottenheimer visited him and told him that San Diego would do right by him and he sadly didn't know the GM would lie to his face. (this would start a rift where the owner chose the wrong guy in the whole debacle and the Chargers were never the same again coaching wise)

- Brees would want to sign with Miami , then watch as that organizations team doctors told the Dolphins Brees was too much of a risk. That the best QB to sign was Dante Culpepper.

- Brees would come to an organization with Sean Payton that had been a joke for years. That had no real winning tradition. Both were wanting a chance to show what they could do . The city needed a sports hero to inspire after a deadly hurricane.

Drew Brees showed the Chargers and Dolphins tonight they fucked up. This is a guy they both could have had.