Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
    All-New Member

As a backslidden X-fan who jumped back into the X-men world with HOXPOX, this I think has been my favorite book so far from the relaunch. I've always loved Kurt, and this series has been a real delight.

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    I've also seen rumors from retailers and aggregate sites about Way of X preorder sales being comparable to Children of the Atom, which was a bona-fide sales disaster.
    Yet both WoX and CotA are miles better than Excalibur or X-Corp, and X-Factor too, which lasted longer than either.

Really enjoyed this issue but literally every character browbeating Kurt about his faith is getting a little tiresome. Especially when you have Dust RIGHT THERE to provide a different perspective than the usual ones

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Toonstrack View Post
    Really enjoyed this issue but literally every character browbeating Kurt about his faith is getting a little tiresome. Especially when you have Dust RIGHT THERE to provide a different perspective than the usual ones
    Yeah, we’re four issues in and Kurt is still the butt of every joke and getting a kicking from every quarter.

That being said, this was my favourite panel, clowning would have been the first skill he learnt as a kid and it’s definitely an art form.

6F41FF8F-8531-44EE-80E7-2A398D7639B1.jpg
    Last edited by Su_Whisterfield; 07-19-2021 at 10:47 AM.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Meh.. this issue, can't describe it.

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

This book slaps up and down. Easily one of the best books of the latest wave of Krakoan titles. I feel like the people who hate this book are the people who are either Kurt stand that don’t know how to deal with their beloved getting dumped on, or people who are deliberately trying to not take joy in the advancement of the mutants’ new status quo.
    This book asks the real questions and pokes the hornets nest and works in tandem with the rest of the other series as a counterpoint. Anyone vehemently against this book is against it for a vested reason.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ohsnapulon5000 View Post
    This book slaps up and down. Easily one of the best books of the latest wave of Krakoan titles. I feel like the people who hate this book are the people who are either Kurt stand that don’t know how to deal with their beloved getting dumped on, or people who are deliberately trying to not take joy in the advancement of the mutants’ new status quo.
    This book asks the real questions and pokes the hornets nest and works in tandem with the rest of the other series as a counterpoint. Anyone vehemently against this book is against it for a vested reason.
    My beloved...? No he isn't that, "latin lover." Who would be slapped away from any girl. Nice low brow humor in your opening post. And being back-handed by the woman that forced herself upon you is tres tacky. Also not many NC fans are really acting upset if you want lie about it. You are still just trying to score points with the female gender.
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 07-23-2021 at 07:51 PM.

Astonishing Member

Is it needlessly cynical of me to this Gorgon’s mental blank state is meant to make us root for him if/when Ares comes looking for Gorgon’s head?

Another Si Spurrier X-Men Monday coming up. Any questions?
    https://aiptcomics.com/2021/07/27/x-...s-si-spurrier/

Way of X artist stated on Twitter that the books over and Onslaught revelations is the finale.

Quote Originally Posted by Proxy View Post
    Way of X artist stated on Twitter that the books over and Onslaught revelations is the finale.
    I’m sanguine about it, while I liked a lot about WoX, I don’t think Si really ‘gets’ what makes Kurt special to me.

I also have a vague hunch that things are going to get complicated with Krakoa and I just can’t shake the idea the Hickman et al might want Kurt off the table while this is happening.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Proxy View Post
    Not surprising since it never did seem to be very well thought out. Pixie being stupid enough to let her so-called friends talk her into getting her head blown off is a perfect example of this.

And if anyone says Pixie would've done it......

Ask yourself this question. If Illyana had suggested to Pixie to do what she did,Would Pixie have done it?

Nah,I didn't think so either............
    Last edited by rcaguy; 07-31-2021 at 11:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    I’m sanguine about it, while I liked a lot about WoX, I don’t think Si really ‘gets’ what makes Kurt special to me.

I also have a vague hunch that things are going to get complicated with Krakoa and I just can’t shake the idea the Hickman et al might want Kurt off the table while this is happening.
    I agree, I’ll be sad if Kurt gets sidelined but I am sort relieved Si isn’t writing him anymore.

Sad but not unexpected. Had the book come out earlier in the Krakoan era and better advertised what it would be about it probably could have gotten a longer run, and with that a bit more room to explore its themes.

That being said, eventually relaunching "season 2" as a different Spurrier book is probably the best option at this point in order to attract a new audience. Here's just hoping the young mutants won't get dropped back into limbo after Onslaught Revelation and either find their way into the sequel or move on to other books.

Quote Originally Posted by Starfish View Post
    Here's just hoping the young mutants won't get dropped back into limbo after Onslaught Revelation and either find their way into the sequel or move on to other books.
    Are we going to come up with the odds on which ones revert to wallpaper status?

This book has been such a mixed bag for me, which has been disappointing because of how much I'd been looking forward to it. I'll be interested in where the plot is going, but then it will just lose me for one reason or another. Oh, well. Two issues left to see if it can stick the landing.