Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default X-Men #7 Trading Card Variant Cover: SYNCH

Sublime.

Nice, if that were an actual card, I’d collect it so hard.
    “Fleeing through the labyrinths with the hordes of the living dead fast upon them;
    Once again they found themselves trapped in front of the abyss.”

I don't know who is on colors here, but as lovely as the figure is here, the 90's interpretation of his aura still reigns supreme.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

PSA 10 for sure.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I don't know who is on colors here, but as lovely as the figure is here, the 90's interpretation of his aura still reigns supreme.
    Yes! I'm really wondering what is the reasoning behind subduing his rainbow power signature. That what makes his mutant powers so beautifully unique and a little camp.

Matt Wilson (https://www.instagram.com/colornmatt/) has colored all of RD's trading card variants. He colors most of Dauterman's work (although RD colored all of his costume variant covers himself!).
    Last edited by superjosh; 12-03-2021 at 01:59 AM.

p.s. I think his new costume is absolutely boring!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    Yes! I'm really wondering what is the reasoning behind subduing his rainbow power signature. That what makes his mutant powers so beautifully unique and a little camp.
    Isn't that in part because of how the coloring works these days, espcialy with bandwith of the modern digital methods, whereas in the 90's they still used a smaller color pallet, which however also made bright colors much more noticable?

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Shhhh! G...don't you know? Everything's a conspiracy! Goddess forbid...an artist or colourist apply their own signiture style and not try to mimic someone else from 3 decades ago.

I LOVE this card variant...but then I've LOVED all RD's card variants.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 12-03-2021 at 06:45 AM.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

p.s. I think his new costume is absolutely boring!
    The original version of it that was red instead of black was better, I wish they'd kept that color scheme but I don't mind this.

Great to finally see Synch getting one of these covers.

Nice art and colouring.
    Exactly. I thought current colourists would love to go crazy with Synch's aura. Instead all of them have been depressingly bland. The colour art above is the only time I've seen his aura verging on vibrant since his resurrection.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Sublime.

Love it!!!

One minor complaint about Synch since he's returned, I wish artists would remember his pupil-less eyes. It adds just an extra flare to his character overall design, though I should be grateful the multi-colored aura is still in tact!

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    Love it!!!

One minor complaint about Synch since he's returned, I wish artists would remember his pupil-less eyes. It adds just an extra flare to his character overall design, though I should be grateful the multi-colored aura is still in tact!
    The pupil-less look hasn’t been consistent, going back to his very first appearance.

I don’t think it’s ever been explained away, but maybe his pupils only disappear when activating certain types of power or using his power in a specific way?

This is a dope cover and I need it in my collection.
    Mutant and Proud!