Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Defining Nubia

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    It's not the thir9d time, that's my point.
    What are you referring to?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    What are you referring to?
    1 nubia.jpg

2 nubiapostcriss (1).jpg

3 NUBIA 758.jpg

4 NUBIA EljSKOZXgAAPoND.jpg

And there's Earth One Michelle Obama and the one from President Superman's earth

Okay, I'm not sure how any of this contradicts what I said. The first two are Nubia's original appearance in the Silver Age and her return in post crisis, respectively. Not sure where the third one is from but it does look post rebirth, hence my point. The President Superman and Earth One versions aren't from main continuity.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Okay, I'm not sure how any of this contradicts what I said. The first two are Nubia's original appearance in the Silver Age and her return in post crisis, respectively. Not sure where the third one is from but it does look post rebirth, hence my point. The President Superman and Earth One versions aren't from main continuity.
    That's your distinction not mine. The third is Orlando's Nubia.

I rest my case.

You don't have a case.

To the OP, I think the best way to describe Nubia as of now is something of a middle ground between being idealistic about man's world and being cynical about it.

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

What third time? This is Nubia's first book and so far it's great. Shes always been a popular concept though with more than three incarnations.
    Popular concept? I don't know about that. Popular concepts don't remain in obscurity for years.

Quote Originally Posted by DABellWrites View Post
    Popular concept? I don't know about that. Popular concepts don't remain in obscurity for years.
    Largely because writers thought the character was problematic for decades and only glanced at her for decades. They didn't want to be on the wrong end of a potential blow back.

I remember the character going viral around early 2011 and it was that combined with DC's current EIC being a fan of the character for Nubia to get a push in the current comics. Along with being a potential successor to Gal Gadot's WW after WW3 (since it looks like the film side wants WW's world to continue after the trilogy).

Quote Originally Posted by DABellWrites View Post
    She's popular because people like the idea of a Black Wonder Woman probably more than the actual character. Do a search of the hashtag #nubia on twitter and you'll see what I mean.

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

She's popular because people like the idea of a Black Wonder Woman probably more than the actual character. Do a search of the hashtag #nubia on twitter and you'll see what I mean.
    Well, that's one space on Twitter. If people wanted a Black Wonder Woman, Earth-28 (apparently, I thought it was Earth-9) would've been popular a long time ago