Page 35 of 120 FirstFirst ... 253132333435363738394585 ... LastLast
    Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

And a nice SpeedForce.org review.

The Return of Wally West – Review of THE FLASH 768 (9/10)

NOTES:

We are seeing what may well be the final stages of redemption for Wally as a character, as he comes back prominently into the DC Omniverse. That’s good news for just about any FLASH fan.

Oliver has a great relationship with Barry. But, Oliver has a real problem with Wally, based on HEROES IN CRISIS and what he believes happened to Roy. (SPOILER – Roy Harper is alive, but no one knows it just yet). It is in spite of that issue that Oliver is still willing to help Barry reach Wally.

We get cameos from the Justice League here, though only Barry, Oliver, Clark and Bruce speak. Oliver thinks Wally still presents a danger. Clark wants to give Wally support (of course). Bruce doesn’t have an opinion on the past but he believes that someone “half in, half out, distraction leads to disaster”. The bottom line is that the League supports Wally’s decision.

I am SO happy to see all the people that are back in continuity here. Just in this issue we have Linda Park, Jai and Irey, and Max Mercury. I’m not alone in saying that I’ve missed these guys, and it’s great to see them in a regular FLASH story once again.

The race scene had some great laughs along the way. They took care of some bad guy situations along the way, and it’s handled wonderfully.

The artwork was penciled/inked by three artists and three colorists. Given the dramatically different locations and scenes in this issue, it can be pulled off. Some of the figures are almost photo-realistic, though that’s not the case over the full story. Overall it works, though.

SUMMARY:

Jeremy Adams takes over writing for THE FLASH with this issue, and if this story is any indication we are in for some great stories. I’ll give this one a 9/10.

https://speedforce.org/2021/03/the-r...the-flash-768/

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Thanks for the link!
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

Really, this guy gets it.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

I'd never heard of Jeremy Adams before this.
    After this interview, I'm all in.
    Give me a fun ride centering on Wally but including the rest of the Flash Family and you'll have my money.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

That was a great interview. Really looking forward to this run.

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

Really nice to see a writer who wants to focus on the family side.

Can’t wait to read what he has planned for Linda and the kids !

Mighty Member

BAD NEWS !! " THE FLASH 768" barely hit the " TOP 10 Bestsellers lists" last week .

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/x-me...stseller-list/

Astonishing Member

Weird considering it's top selling on comixology

Incredible Member PennyDreadful's Avatar

Where's the bad news? The Weeding Spool article says nothing about the Flash. It includes sales figures from a handful of comic stores.

And yes, it is in the top 10 on Comixology. (I've been buying my comics from Comixology myself. Haven't been to a comic store in ages.)

Loved the issue!
    I'm glad we finally have a writer who actually cares about Wally.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post
    Couldn't be happier about Flash #768. What a great and promising start!

Adams gets the perfect voices for these characters, writing a very good Wally. The art was great too, with Peterson's part being my least favorite. Santucci's part, on the other hand, was amazing.

Also, I love the mysteries of the Speed Force and where it might goes. Its potential, much like The Flash's, is limitless in every sense. Btw, nice touch when it mentions Wally's special connection to it, as it should be.

I'm not surprised about Adams getting the Flash right. It's exactly the type of stories that shows the character's potential! His last two interviews speak volumes; for example:

You're about to take the reins on The Flash and, in this movie, you've got two in Barry Allen and Jay Garrick. What's the appeal of The Flash for you as a storyteller? What does the character mean to you?

Adams: It's interesting, I've been having this conversation with my editor. [Laughs] I'm much more in love with the Doctor Who kind of version of The Flash in terms of The Flash stories that go completely sideways, like, "Oh, we're in another universe! We're in the past or the future! The Speed Force does this and that!" I like the real zany, out of left field stuff because, in that way, I feel like he's not just a guy who can go fast but it adds another dimension to the character; he can go, not just fast, but anywhere in time and space. What does that mean? What does it mean to the timeline and so many other things?

I think when Geoff Johns did Flashpoint, it was such a key ingredient to look how really powerful this character possibly could be. And I love that, one of my favorite things about The Flash is you can really go anywhere with him.

https://www.cbr.com/justice-society-...ams-interview/

So he wants to do Doctor Who, and ends up doing Quantum Leap?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post
    BAD NEWS !! " THE FLASH 768" barely hit the " TOP 10 Bestsellers lists" last week .

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/x-me...stseller-list/
    So? It rarely does.

The one moment where Flash was consistently among the top 15 comics was the moment that that they decided to do away with Wally. This means nothing, really.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    So? It rarely does.

The one moment where Flash was consistently among the top 15 comics was the moment that that they decided to do away with Wally. This means nothing, really.
    This. It’s one issue. Word of mouth will help and it seems to have been garnering positive buzz.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Great interview. Loved what he said. Cant wait for just a fun comic. I guess Didio really is gone. He got Wally right as well. Cant wait for no more mopey depressed Wally. Also good to hear that the focus will be primarily on Wally and Linda (and kids). Although he did mention Jay and Bart as well.

Seems like a really nice, humble guy as well. A lot of enthusiasm which is great to see.

Thanks for sharing.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Nice to see Wally is finally in good hands.