Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Default Is Black Cat stronger and faster than Spider-man in the cartoon show and comics?

These photos got me thinking.

She does look stronger (lots of bigger muscles) and more fit than spider man! So, Is Black Cat Stronger and faster than Spider-man in the cartoon show?

And with mechanical enhancements and /or some sort of medical procedure in the comics. Is black cat faster, stronger, and more agile than Spider-Man in the comics?

In the cartoon episode. She actually starts to thrown him around right after they meet after she been enhanced by the king pin and actually says she wants to see if she stronger and faster than her. She does look like she faster and stronger than Spider Man and from his reaction in the cartoon series!

In the comics did spider-man and black cat every try to see who the stronger or faster one is?

What wiki says about her abilities:

How accurate is this version here?

Initially, the Black Cat had no superhuman abilities. Later, a test induced by the Kingpin gave her the psionic ability to affect probability fields; essentially, she could produce "bad luck" for her enemies.[61] The "bad luck" power entails that under stress she is subconsciously able to cause anyone in her immediate vicinity that she perceives as a threat to be susceptible to freak accidents, like guns jamming and exploding, or tripping on objects. This ability also had the side effect of eventually causing problems for anyone spending long periods of time around her.

Doctor Strange eventually tampered with her powers that briefly removed her bad luck abilities, along with the unwanted side effect. However, this magical tampering temporarily endowed her with cat-like abilities, giving her night vision, retractable talons in her fingertips, superhuman speed, strength, agility and endurance, proportionate to a cat.[62] Her "bad luck" powers were eventually restored by Doc Tramma through the use of cybernetics.[63]

The Black Cat has reflexes, agility, and stamina of an Olympic level acrobat. She is physically very strong and athletic and has great physical endurance. She is an excellent street fighter capable of taking on several armed assailants and incapacitating them without being injured herself. She is trained in several martial arts styles.

The Black Cat has also acquired several devices from the Tinkerer that increase her agility and heighten her strength. She wears earrings that interact with the balance centers of her brain to grant her enhanced agility. She has contact lenses that let her see in various ranges of the electromagnetic spectrum, such as infrared and ultraviolet. Her costume contains micro-servos that enhance her strength above normal human levels. The gloves of her costume contain steel micro-filaments, which form retractable claws at the fingertips when she flexes her fingers (triggering a magnetic surge which condenses the filaments into polarized talons) which enable her to tear through most surfaces and easily scale walls. Using this equipment, the Black Cat has been able to beat enemies who have superhuman abilities.

The Black Cat has a miniature grappling hook device hidden in the "fur" of each glove, designed by her father Walter Hardy, which enables her to swing from buildings in a manner similar to Spider-Man, though not quite as fast. She can also use the cable from this device as a tightrope, wall scaling device, swing line, or as a weapon in combat.
    Last edited by gwhh; 11-19-2016 at 12:10 PM.

Spider-Man is way stronger and faster than Black Cat. He never had any issues catching her when he needed to. The only time she was able to stay ahead was when she was rigging the area. I don't think muscle tone really says much. Just look at Kingpin. He's way bigger than Peter and their strength couldn't have been further apart. Spidey is someone who could casually lift tanks and toss them without much effort.

Incredible Member

Last I check 10 tons was Spider-Man strength level. Now it may be 75 tons.

https://thespidermanfiles.wordpress....uper-strength/

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

I believe you're referring to the 90s animated series where Black Cat derived her abilities from a recreation of the Super-Soldier Serum that her father was forced to give to the Kingpin in exchange for Felicia's life, only for the Kingpin to test the replicated formula on Felicia herself, thus transforming her into the Black Cat. As a beneficiary of the Super-Soldier Serum, the 90s animated series version of the Black Cat was at if not over the very peak of human physical ability and performance in regards to strength, speed, agility, reflexes, and stamina, hence her more visibly defined muscles compared to most other versions of her.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Incredible Member

You are 100% correct, sir.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I believe you're referring to the 90s animated series where Black Cat derived her abilities from a recreation of the Super-Soldier Serum that her father was forced to give to the Kingpin in exchange for Felicia's life, only for the Kingpin to test the replicated formula on Felicia herself, thus transforming her into the Black Cat. As a beneficiary of the Super-Soldier Serum, the 90s animated series version of the Black Cat was at if not over the very peak of human physical ability and performance in regards to strength, speed, agility, reflexes, and stamina, hence her more visibly defined muscles compared to most other versions of her.

Quote Originally Posted by gwhh View Post
    You are 100% correct, sir.
    All right, then, thanks. That link from The Spider-Man Files was good, too. Never actually saw/read the comic where he blitzed Eric Masterson/Thor, so thanks for that, too.

Astonishing Member

This is a easy way to answer, Spider-Man is stronger and faster than Black Cat at all levels, and it has nothing to do with gender in case you think, but with the nature of their powers.

Like it was mentioned, in the 90's animated series, Black Cat's powers come from the same source than Captain America's: the Super Soldier's serum. This serum allow one individual to be at the peak of human biology and physiology. A human with the best genes, and then years of hard training and study to be the ultimate athlete (without doping or any other trash), all that concentrated in just a minute thanks to the serum. Everything any human can do with hi full natural potential, Captain America and this Black Cat can do it.

That's not the case for Spider-Man. Literally, thanks to the accident that gave him his powers, he's literally a spider of a human's size. As a consequence, his physical attributes are the same of the spiders, like the ability to charge several times its own size. That is something that no human can do, even in its best condition.

So, biologically, Spider-Man is strongest and fastest than Captain America and Black Cat. Of course, that doesn't mean Spider-Man can defeat them just like that.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by gwhh View Post
    Last I check 10 tons was Spider-Man strength level. Now it may be 75 tons.

https://thespidermanfiles.wordpress....uper-strength/

Peter Parker is nowhere near "Class 75" strength.

Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post

Peter Parker is nowhere near "Class 75" strength.
    No, definitely not, though he does punch above his weight class an awful lot, so it's understandable if people doubt he's just a 10-tonner. If we had to take out the old Handbooks that say Class 10 Strength confers the ability to lift 10 tons maximum and at least more than 2 tons and Class 25 Strength confers the ability to lift 10 tons minimum and 25 tons maximum, I'd say Spider-Man is nowadays closer to Class 25 than Class 10, judging by some or many of the strength feats he's pulled off.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

On a side note, I forgot just how ripped Felicia was in that cartoon.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    On a side note, I forgot just how ripped Felicia was in that cartoon.
    And it didn't hurt her attractiveness one bit .

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    And it didn't hurt her attractiveness one bit .
    Black Cat from this cartoon was legit my first fictional crush, so I agree. lol
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Same here .

She was one of mine also.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

And it didn't hurt at all that Jennifer Hale was her voice actress.