Page 10 of 44 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
    Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Harsh Lesson View Post
    Forgot to post this, why I don't think we've met our aerospace engineer yet:

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/tv/ma...2556#gs.uzta8o

Major Goodner is an entirely new character, I can't imagine that's who she was referring to
    I hear you, HL. Like I said, keep the faith. We'll find out one way or another in 3 short days.

Allow me to preface what I'm about to say by acknowledging that I'm reading way too far into things.

I've not played Marvel Future Fight in about year & a half. Logged on today, and what do I see? The Ultimates: Blue Marvel, Anti-Man, & America Chavez; received an update within the month, first time since they debuted, allowing them to "realize potential" & push their max levels from 60 to 70. Of the 250 or so characters that are now represented in the game, they belong to a group of 27 who before said update, were stuck at 60.

I'd predicted the Ultimates would be coming to the MCU(long before America Chavez or Monica were confirmed) due to the timing, randomness, and scale(Added an additional chapter to the story mode, hasn't happened since) of the original update that brought them to the game. Now, three years later, their second update coincidentally coincides with Monica's introduction in Wandavision, & the speculation around the identity of her aerospace engineer?

I'll probably be let down, but I can't wait for Thursday!

edit: Even if he's not our Aerospace engineer, I have a strong feeling he's coming to the MCU. Way too much potential there from a cinematic standpoint, much more than the comics even.

edit: Monica debuted on January 29th, the update to the Ultimates dropped February 10th.

https://www.marvel.com/articles/game...l-future-fight

edit: !!!:

A new casting call for Captain Marvel 2 may tease the arrival of another Ultimate to the MCU.

GWW uncovered a casting description for the upcoming sequel to Captain Marvel seeking a male actor age 20-30 for a part. The casting call says it's seeking a John Boyega or Michael B. Jordan type, but no other details were given. As the site points out, this would line up with recent theories that Dr. Adam Brashear, known as the Blue Marvel, will be making his MCU debut soon.
    https://www.cbr.com/captain-marvel-2...b-jordan-role/
    Last edited by Harsh Lesson; 03-02-2021 at 06:02 PM.

Amazing Member

Both of Boyega and Jordan are too young for the role. Period. Unless they do a back story with a younger Adam before he joined the military or just after high school. I don't place a lot of faith in the theory that the casting call is for Adam. They'd be perfect to play his sons Max and Kevin. On a side note, who do you think would be good to director for the big screen?
    Last edited by Carbon jiren; 03-02-2021 at 07:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Carbon jiren View Post
    Both of Boyega and Jordan are too young for the role. Period. Unless they do a back story with a younger Adam before he joined the military or just after high school. I don't place a lot of faith in the theory that the casting call is for Adam. They'd be perfect to play his sons Max and Kevin. On a side note, who do you think would be good to director for the big screen?
    Eh, Cap was played by someone in their 30's, and he isn't living energy.

Amazing Member

Eh, Cap was played by someone in their 30's, and he isn't living energy.
    Cap was literally frozen in time and awoken in 2000's so it makes sense he looks as young as he does. Adam, like Cap ages slowly but Adam was never frozen in time. He actually lived through the 40's to the present day so he will show some age. I'm not really a fan of the J. Jonah Jameson appearance with grey hair on the sides. I prefer more subtle changes with touches grey here and there while maintaining a youthful vintage. Blair Underwood is great example. He's 56 but doesn't look anywhere near that. He has a fairly youthful face but he also has an air of maturity, of someone that has lived a full life. Henry Simmons is another great example. He would physically be suitable because he's the same height as Adam at 6'4. He's also 50 and has a fairly youthful face.

Cap was literally frozen in time and awoken in 2000's so it makes sense he looks as young as he does. Adam, like Cap ages slowly but Adam was never frozen in time. He actually lived through the 40's to the present day so he will show some age. I'm not really a fan of the J. Jonah Jameson appearance with grey hair on the sides. I prefer more subtle changes with touches grey here and there while maintaining a youthful vintage. Blair Underwood is great example. He's 56 but doesn't look anywhere near that. He has a fairly youthful face but he also has an air of maturity, of someone that has lived a full life. Henry Simmons is another great example. He would physically be suitable because he's the same height as Adam at 6'4. He's also 50 and has a fairly youthful face.
    I feel you, but Adam is energy, he can appear as whatever age he wants. Teyonah Parris is 33 years old, her lover will be caste around that age.

edit: Phase 4/5 will last around a decade or so, keep that mind. Casting someone who'll be a senior by the next "Endgame" seems less ideal than casting someone who'll still be middle aged.

The absolute perfect Adams:

Yahya Abdul-Mateen

https://twitter.com/InformationTim1/...972166144?s=20

Trevante Rhodes

https://twitter.com/EternalsTalks/st...483504128?s=20
    Last edited by Harsh Lesson; 03-02-2021 at 07:59 PM.

Amazing Member

I feel you, but Adam is energy, he can appear as whatever age he wants. Teyonah Parris is 33 years old, her lover will be caste around that age.

edit: Phase 4/5 will last around a decade or so, keep that mind. Casting someone who'll be a senior by the next "Endgame" seems less ideal than casting someone who'll still be middle aged.

The absolute perfect Adams:

https://twitter.com/InformationTim1/...972166144?s=20

https://twitter.com/EternalsTalks/st...483504128?s=20
    Both Men I just listed are elite when it comes to taking care of themselves, heck, Henry was a model before he started acting. The bit about Adam being whatever age he wants because of his energy manipulation, is Adam himself aware of that? That aspect of his ability is never mentioned or alluded to in any of his appearances. Pairing Parris with either actor would work no problem. If you want to go a bit younger, Sterling K Brown, from This is Us is 44 but again Blair and Henry could also pass for 40. You also want the story to be believable. I'm sorry Jordan or Boyega being a father to grown ass kids won't work.

Both Men I just listed are elite when it comes to taking care of themselves, heck, Henry was a model before he started acting. The bit about Adam being whatever age he wants because of his energy manipulation, is Adam himself aware of that? That aspect of his ability is never mentioned or alluded to in any of his appearances. Pairing Parris with either actor would work no problem. If you want to go a bit younger, Sterling K Brown, from This is Us is 44 but again Blair and Henry could also pass for 40. You also want the story to be believable. I'm sorry Jordan or Boyega being a father to grown ass kids won't work.
    - If they caste Adam(fingers crossed!), I doubt he'll be 20 years older than his co-star. Logistically, it doesn't make a lot of sense.

- Adam hasn't aged since his debut as far as I know, only his hair has changed. The nature of his powers even delayed his wife's aging process. If you've noticed any differences in his depictions from the 60's, to those from now, feel free to point them out.

Amazing Member

I also noticed his wife aged slowly but I would very careful in making inferences of the nature and leave it to speculation. We'll have to agree to disagree on the age gap because to me the appearance and physique of men I mentioned would work seamlessly.

I too have my fingers crossed that he Adam will get caste, if not for the small screen then the big screen. I've asked this before but no one answered but who do you think would be a good director for the big screen?

I also noticed his wife aged slowly but I would very careful in making inferences of the nature and leave it to speculation. We'll have to agree to disagree on the age gap because to me the appearance and physique of men I mentioned would work seamlessly.

I too have my fingers crossed that he Adam will get caste, if not for the small screen then the big screen. I've asked this before but no one answered but who do you think would be a good director for the big screen?
    - I could be off, but I'm pretty sure they outright stated on panel what I referenced above. Likewise for Conner Simms & Kevin Brashear.

- Whether or not they're in shape isn't really the question, they're legit two decades older than Teyonah Parris, and would be in their late 60's by the end of Phase 4/5. But yea, we can agree to disagree.

- I can't think of anyone conventional, Ryan Coogler maybe? Someone who could tackle Adam's origin story with the nuance and care it deserves.

Amazing Member

- I could be off, but I'm pretty sure they outright stated on panel what I referenced above. Likewise for Conner Simms & Kevin Brashear.

- Whether or not they're in shape isn't really the question, they're legit two decades older than Teyonah Parris, and would be in their late 60's by the end of Phase 4/5. But yea, we can agree to disagree.

- I can't think of anyone conventional, Ryan Coogler maybe? Someone who could tackle Adam's origin story with the nuance and care it deserves.
    Coogler is a good choice. How about Regina King or Barry Jenkins? Denzel would be a good choice too. I really hope the script is compelling tho.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Pardon the interruption, but two quick corrections/insights, if I may:

1. Adam is not pure energy. Anti-Man is, but Adam is not. Adam is flesh and blood. He can be cut and he definitely bleeds. He's just extremely durable. For example, Sentry can shatter adamantium with little effort. But even after flying all the way from the exosphere to hit Adam with everything that he had, Sentry didn't break any of Adam's bones or cause any ruptures or lacerations of any kind. He ultimately knocked out Adam, but could barely stand himself afterwards and had to be helped off the field. If Adam had been a pure energy form -- especially a form comprised of antimatter -- the Sentry would have passed right through Adam and likely caused himself considerable harm as "negative energy" weakens him. (That also explains why Anti-Man had no problems beating the crap out of Sentry.)

2. Candace Brashear aged at a far slower rate than normal. Adam wasn't sure if that was due to long-term exposure to him, or if he was subconsciously using his powers to slow her ageing. I will suggest a third real world possibility: microchimerism. Adam's children don't appear to have all of Adam's powers per se, but they all share his longevity. It's very possible that Candace's body absorbed some of the fetal DNA from her firstborn (Kevin), and that's why her ageing slowed.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Pardon the interruption, but two quick corrections/insights, if I may:

1. Adam is not pure energy. Anti-Man is, but Adam is not. Adam is flesh and blood. He can be cut and he definitely bleeds. He's just extremely durable. For example, Sentry can shatter adamantium with little effort. But even after flying all the way from the exosphere to hit Adam with everything that he had, Sentry didn't break any of Adam's bones or cause any ruptures or lacerations of any kind. He ultimately knocked out Adam, but could barely stand himself afterwards and had to be helped off the field. If Adam had been a pure energy form -- especially a form comprised of antimatter -- the Sentry would have passed right through Adam and likely caused himself considerable harm as "negative energy" weakens him. (That also explains why Anti-Man had no problems beating the crap out of Sentry.)

2. Candace Brashear aged at a far slower rate than normal. Adam wasn't sure if that was due to long-term exposure to him, or if he was subconsciously using his powers to slow her ageing. I will suggest a third real world possibility: microchimerism. Adam's children don't appear to have all of Adam's powers per se, but they all share his longevity. It's very possible that Candace's body absorbed some of the fetal DNA from her firstborn (Kevin), and that's why her ageing slowed.
    I remember a time when Sentry was stated to be pure energy as well. That his vast psionic powers were apparently used to hold his physical form together.

Makes me wonder what the Void would have made of Anti Man, given that negative energy apparently empowers it.

Fantastic Member

On topic though, why not a younger actor? I'd be game.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The_Last_Czarnian View Post
    On topic though, why not a younger actor? I'd be game.
    Believability. In my opinion, I couldn't accept Jordan or Boyega being Adam with grown adult kids, no matter how much make up and prosthetics you put on them.