Page 8 of 52 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Only if DC actually has stories to tell with them as Batgirl.

I don't want them to "become Batgirls" and then fade away.

Orphan and Spiler may not be the most recognizable brand out there, but I'll take them over limbo, for both of them.
    The thing is that it's more difficult they go to the limbo with an identity as Batgirl. Identities like Spoiler or Orphan are easily ignored by writers.

I know that Stephanie and Cassandra have been in limbo after they become Batgirl, but that only happened after many situations.

Stephanie as Spoiler has been constantly ignored (and even murdered once). In fact, Stephanie is currently Spoiler, but she is still in the limbo.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    The thing is that it's more difficult they go to the limbo with an identity as Batgirl. Identities like Spoiler or Orphan are easily ignored by writers.

I know that Stephanie and Cassandra have been in limbo after they become Batgirl, but that only happened after many situations.

Stephanie as Spoiler has been constantly ignored (and even murdered once). In fact, Stephanie is currently Spoiler, but she is still in the limbo.
    That's why they need names that allows them to move beyond Bat-books. I think the only reason Huntress is still around because people these days associate her with Birds of Prey instead of Batfamily. Cass may have found a new home in the Outsiders but we have to wait and see.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SneakyLookingSort View Post
    That's why they need names that allows them to move beyond Bat-books. I think the only reason Huntress is still around because people these days associate her with Birds of Prey instead of Batfamily. Cass may have found a new home in the Outsiders but we have to wait and see.
    Moving beyond Bat-books is a really risky proposition. We'll have to see if it sticks for Cass this time - I hope it does, but it didn't work last time, sadly. And I still think Steph works best in Gotham.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Extraordinary Member

Birds of Prey is imo still kind of a Bat-book. And Huntress is also is at the moment also in limbo (and has been there before).

And the upcoming Outsiders run (should it still happen) looks also very Bat-centric.
    Last edited by Aahz; 01-25-2019 at 08:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    We'll have to see if it sticks for Cass this time - I hope it does, but it didn't work last time, sadly. And I still think Steph works best in Gotham.
    That was due to internal drama and one unnamed writer who hated (hates?) her. Having the Batgirl title doesn't guarantee anything; Cass had a Batgirl solo yet she didn't even appear in Hush.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Birds of Prey is imo still kind of a Bat-book. And Huntress is also is at the moment also in limbo (and has been there before).
    But not when the movie comes out

And the upcoming Outsiders run (should it still happen) looks also very Bat-centric.
    Outsiders in general is pretty separated from Bruce's wangst fantasy that is the core batbooks.

Synergy isn't all it's cracked up to be anymore, sadly.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Astonishing Member

That was due to internal drama and one unnamed writer who hated (hates?) her. Having the Batgirl title doesn't guarantee anything; Cass had a Batgirl solo yet she didn't even appear in Hush.
    It's a shame that Cass doesn't appear in Hush.

However, the title of Batgirl has importance. Writers will rather write about a character with Batgirl mantle than a character named Spoiler or Orphan.

Outsiders in general is pretty separated from Bruce's wangst fantasy that is the core batbooks.
    The comic is called "Batman and the Outsiders". It isn't really independent.
    Last edited by Konja7; 01-25-2019 at 08:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    It's a shame that Cass doesn't appear in Hush.

However, the title of Batgirl has importance. Writers will rather write about a character with Batgirl mantle than a character named Spoiler or Orphan.

The comic is called "Batman and the Outsiders". It isn't really independent.
    Not all writers, but I do think that a new writer would rather be handed Batgirl than Spoiler as a supporting character.

I think the hope is that Bruce in Outsiders will be a bit less...angsty?

Extraordinary Member

3 of the 5 members of the upcoming team, are Batman characters (including Batman himself), and they used a storyarc in TEC to launch it.
    And Katana and Black Lighting are also very street level characters, that fit (oposed to some of the more colourful members of previous teams) quite well in the usual tone of the Batman book, and both have no strong connections to the rest of the DCU.

Extraordinary Member

Don't know, the Film is still set in Gotham and seems to feature appart from Black Canary only Bat-characters.

3 of the 5 members of the upcoming team, are Batman characters (including Batman himself), and they used a storyarc in TEC to launch it.
    And Katana and Black Lighting are also very street level characters, that fit (oposed to some of the more colourful members of previous teams) quite well in the usual tone of the Batman book, and both have no strong connections to the rest of the DCU.
    Well, Katana apparently is still in Suicide Squad.

Speaking of Outsiders using a Tec storyline to launch, Justice League Odyssey is using Deus Ex Machina/Intelligence as a launching point for Jean-Paul Azrael's storyline...I wish we could get a storyline launched for Steph out of her shenanigans in Tec. Though I'm curious to know if people would rather she have a brand new storyline that mostly ignores her Rebirth history, or would prefer one that recontextualizes it, or one that basically just continues it? I'd be okay with any of the three, but as someone who really loved Tynion's run, even though I do think there are serious flaws in the way he handled Steph near the end (not 979-981 - that was close to perfect, but 969-974 was pretty rough), I don't know how people who didn't enjoy that run as much would want Steph to be handled?

And do people have predictions for how Steph will show up in Tom King's announced issue and Bendis's indication that she'll show up in Young Justice? I think Steph will likely be in one of the Knightmares - I personally hope it's the Lee Weeks one, because I love his art the bestest - but maybe it'll be Heroes in Crisis? And I think Young Justice will only be a cameo, but I hope a good one. I'd love to see a Gleason or Bogdanovic Steph!

BANNED

I am new in this realm of the forum but did they said anything about Hill's delay for the Outsiders. The last thing I have heard about Hill was his retirement issues which feels quite underwhelming in my opinion.

Heroes in Crisis?

Ugh. If she does, I give it a 50% chance of King icing her as well.