Page 18 of 70 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    It was definitely made out of spite. Especially since the Inhumans were Perlmutters pet project and Feige canceled their movie the minute he got full creative control of the MCU.
    I was really sad about all that crap. I really wanted to like the show. I was excited to go to the theater to see the first one on the big screen. I realized that the money was not adequate for the effects, sets, costume, etc they needed, but I still tried to like it.

The plot mostly worked, but I felt the human/techies angle didn't suit so much. Wished it could have been so much more; or ending on a better hint of things to come; the greater majority either stay in Hawaii or some aloof place, but the main family go to NYC (for ... inescapable reasons) and go deep cover (a set up for the eventual meeting with FF or whoever)
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by witchboy View Post
    Interesting suggestion of a mutant/Inhuman alliance. It made me think of how they've previously married Crystal off to cement an alliance. I could see another arranged marriage concocted in that situation. Crystal and Havok? Storm and Gorgon?
    Might not work as well, even though a Storm and Gorgon pairing would actually be cool to see, an alliance wouldn't make sense due to political situations Monarchy to an Oligarchy. At the same time the example you provided shows on how political marriage only really works when it is bringing someone into a fold, and there is no better real life example then the Tudor family. Henry the 7th married Elizabeth of York, both their families were fighting for the throne as such since she is now part of his family the Yorks can also be considered members of the Royal family at the same time as the Lancasters/Tudors, this would be the Crystal and Ronan marriage while he was Emperor he surrendered to them but married into it so he still held some status and power. At the same time Henry the 8th allaince with europe bassically (Charles the 5th) did not hold since they were in title equals, it would be like that unless both Inhumans and Mutants want the samething they will most likely not help each other which just like real world history happens with and without marriage.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    Primagen is basically the philospher’s stone (I’m pretty the alchemical phrase of prima materia was used in its description).

between that, Ewing originally intending the Progenitors to speak in alchemical symbols and the general blurring of ritual magic and science in Terrigen/terrigenesis; I hope any Inhumans revival down the road does embrace sci-fi space!alchemy as inhumanity’s magical tradition
    So it looks to be the return of magic-science https://aiptcomics.com/2021/04/08/ex...the-galaxy-13/

So much for "can't be physically fought". I hope we learn more about them and they aren't just repelled by GOTG. So far we know primagen is some magic-science. Ewing compared the inhumans to alchemy before though he said it wasn't magic but I guess magic like.
    https://www.cbr.com/al-ewing-royals-...marvel-legacy/
    I kind of got into alchemy a little bit with this story, which is where "Prima Materia" came from. I feel like that fits with the Inhumans' whole deal. They're an ancient civilization that runs of science that existed before we even knew what science was. They don't obey our physical laws -- Reader's power just defies explanation, although if you're a quantum physicist please tell me if that helps -- but they're not magic, either. They live in a strange zone of poetic, magical thinking, where a human being can become a door that takes you where you need to be, or commune with his ancestors by summoning them into his flesh.

Astonishing Member

Well maybe it was a long term war, "can't be physically fought", since like the Borg they adapt to physical upgrades. But this might just be a couple they shoot away. Ya maybe not magic but maybe tied into the Cosmic pantheon and such. Things that feel like magic, like a Cosmic cube, but can be scientifically studied.

The whole science magic weirdness does feel right with the recent Inhuman things. Like Eldrac as Ewing mentioned and the genetic prophecy of the midnight king. As well older stuff like terrigen bringing out powers based on what Inhuman society needs.

Astonishing Member

It does feel it being aware all of them. Medusa ended the Terrigen of earth, so it started to kill her. She helped rescue the Primagen from beings that just wanted to use it for their own means so it saved her

Time to put on some tinfoil hats!

https://www.indiatoday.in/movies/cel...580-2021-04-08

Farhan Akhtar is apparently a huge name in India, I've never heard of him but I don't really care for Bollywood (yet?). They're saying he's a very accomplished actor, director and a bunch of other things. Basically not someone you'd get cheaply and waste on an NPC role.
    He's also jacked and has that square jaw superhero look about him. And looks very Black Bolty in some pictures. Have we found our Silent King at last?

Astonishing Member

I could see it. Are there any other MCU works going on he would be good for?

Astonishing Member

One can only hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    I could see it. Are there any other MCU works going on he would be good for?
    Maybe Moon Knight, but the article specifically mentions it's a project that's being filmed right now, in Bangkok. And we all know what that means....

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fort Nerd View Post
    Maybe Moon Knight, but the article specifically mentions it's a project that's being filmed right now, in Bangkok. And we all know what that means....
    Oh. ....I just realized if he is Black Bolt, Black Bolt would be played by a Bollywood actor. Bollywood famous for its musicals.

Has Kamala's brother been cast yet?
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Spectacular Member

Saagar Shaikh is playing Aamir. All the stuff set in New Jersey has already been shot I believe, so whatever Farhan is involved in is most likely not set there.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Fort Nerd View Post

Like this perhaps?
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES