Page 10 of 38 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    I believe they were just looking for a role for her once Jessica Drew came back. I think she ultimately went to Alpha Flight or something after Civil War and then I have no idea what happened to her.
    Apparently she joined Omega Flight, in both their own comics and Marvel Comics Presents, then disapeared until Grim Hunt, I don't see how she was ruined with that, unless those comics sucked ass or at least didn't write her well.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Well, no one cares about Canada
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Haha this made me laugh.
    Always Forward. Forward Always.

That sounds about right.

Mighty Member

a bad writer (at least in a shared universe) writes as if they are doing so in a vacuum and in their own voice (irrespective of the character they are writing)
    Marvel does not care about keeping things consistent, effectively putting everything in a vacuum. There are arcs ("Clone Conspiracy", "Phoenix: Resurrection", "Venom Inc.") that exist primarily to set characters (like Black Cat) back to 80s or 90s spec.

I'd say that Slott did more for Otto Octavius than any other writer;
    Slott's Otto is excellent. But, Bendis did a god job with Normal Osborn. Bendis made the Skrulls something better than little green clowns.

they all have that stunted Bendis way of talking; repeating each others words when not being monosyllabic.
    The way that most people actually talk, rather than that OCD exposition that plagues comics.
    Current pull-file: Batman the Detective, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Marvel Dark Ages, Nightwing, Superman Son of Kal-El, Transformers, Transformers: King Grimlock, Warhammer 40,000 Sisters of Battle
    -----------------------------
    - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

Quote Originally Posted by CentralPower View Post
    Marvel does not care about keeping things consistent, effectively putting everything in a vacuum. There are arcs ("Clone Conspiracy", "Phoenix: Resurrection", "Venom Inc.") that exist primarily to set characters (like Black Cat) back to 80s or 90s spec.

Slott's Otto is excellent. But, Bendis did a god job with Normal Osborn. Bendis made the Skrulls something better than little green clowns.

The way that most people actually talk, rather than that OCD exposition that plagues comics.

I found Bendis' dialogue to ring true. At least more true than the dialogue that was the norm.

Ellis elevated Norman. And I never considered the skrulls to be clowns. Maybe you're thinking of space phantoms.

I see, guess she was ruined by moving to Canada

Problem is when Bendis decides to use and abuse that to justify his decompressed writing, it can get annoying too when it's showing nothing important or at least interesting.

Problem is when Bendis decides to use and abuse that to justify his decompressed writing, it can get annoying too when it's showing nothing important or at least interesting.
    It can get annoying?

Yeah, annoying.

Really?

really.

Annoying?

Yeah, really annoying.

I guess I never thought about it like that.

Maybe you should.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    It can get annoying?

Yeah, annoying.

Really?

really.

Annoying?

Yeah, really annoying.

Maybe you should.
    Oh, you're good.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I think Bendis thinks he's writing for the screen, where that kind of banter works. Not so good in other mediums though. When you only have 20 pages a month to tell your story you don't need to waste space.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    It can get annoying?

Yeah, annoying.

Really?

really.

Annoying?

Yeah, really annoying.

Maybe you should.

But anyways, I'm full aware Bendis writes like that, it's just hard to annoy me, reading silver age and occasionaly manga helps to become more patient I guess.

it annoys the **** out of me. my friends do not speak this way. and, if they did, they wouldn't be my friends.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Those little green clowns killed Dr Franklin Storm
    Anyway, Stan and Jack changed that with K'lrt aka SuperSkull, then you had the Kree/Skrull war. I'm off the opinion that if handled right, the Skrulls would make a very creepy enemy in the MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    it annoys the **** out of me. my friends do not speak this way. and, if they did, they wouldn't be my friends.
    so much this. it's funny and effective if used selectively but it can get annoying fast.