Page 155 of 985 FirstFirst ... 55105145151152153154155156157158159165205255655 ... LastLast
Results 2,311 to 2,325 of 14769
    Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

How can you call yourself a friend of an artist and know so little about him?
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort pleads guilty to one count of conspiracy against the United States, one count of conspiracy to obstruct justice.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Meanwhile, at 2 AM yesterday (about 30 hours ago), this happened in the Texas Senate race:

Also coincidentally, it was 10 AM in Moscow, in the middle of the workday, when this happened.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    The irony is inescapable. No one in the administration has promoted, projected and protected Trump's agenda more than Sessions, and yet, Caramel Caligula hates the man because he made the mistake of following the letter of the law and recusing himself from the Russia probe. Go figure.

I heard about that story this morning. Absolutely nightmarish. Is your mom okay?
    Yeah I called her last night. She said it’s terribke and she can smell gas everywhere. Luckily she’s right at the border of Andover so it’s a different gas company for where she is. Told her to just pack up and stay at my grandmothers for a few days. She was actually supposed to work in Andover today but I doubt that’s happening.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    They were rowing boats down the streets in Houston during the last hurricane -- I had about six family members who lost homes and still haven't permanently relocated.

One guy I talked to said he lost everything and all he got from the government in compensation was a $10K relief payout -- at least he was working but if he didn't have that income you have to wonder how things would have turned out for him.

Naturally all the prices on housing went up as well -- the family members I mentioned are paying about an extra $200-$300 a month in rent in their new apartments, while a few others are staying at the hotel shelters.

Meanwhile, the Republicans are taking our tax money and spending it on warfare and detention camps for refugees and children instead of focusing on taking care of American citizens in need.

Edit: Not to mention ignoring climate change -- and actually promoting coal and fossil fuels -- like suicidal idiots.

It’s true in the sense that it’s what they campaign on. That’s pretty much where it stops. Conservatives don’t mind being judicial activists when it comes to stopping women from getting medical treatment they disagree with or throwing away money when they are in power

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    They were rowing boats down the streets in Houston during the last hurricane -- I had about six family members who lost homes and still haven't permanently relocated.

One guy I talked to said he lost everything and all he got from the government in compensation was a $10K relief payout -- at least he was working but if he didn't have that income you have to wonder how things would have turned out for him.

Naturally all the prices on housing went up as well -- the family members I mentioned are paying about an extra $200-$300 a month in rent in their new apartments, while a few others are staying at the hotel shelters.

Meanwhile, the Republicans are taking our tax money and spending it on warfare and detention camps for refugees and children instead of focusing on taking care of American citizens in need.

Edit: Not to mention ignoring climate change -- and actually promoting coal and fossil fuels -- like suicidal idiots.
    Yeah I just don’t get how being prepared for **** like this isn’t the primary motive of any government

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Yeah I called her last night. She said it’s terribke and she can smell gas everywhere. Luckily she’s right at the border of Andover so it’s a different gas company for where she is. Told her to just pack up and stay at my grandmothers for a few days. She was actually supposed to work in Andover today but I doubt that’s happening.
    I don't know if this is the case, but I would think that Andover and the other affected towns would have a state of emergency to shut everything down until he danger has been assessed and dealt with. Business and public buildings might also be at risk.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Meanwhile, at 2 AM yesterday (about 30 hours ago), this happened in the Texas Senate race:

Also coincidentally, it was 10 AM in Moscow, in the middle of the workday, when this happened.
    Yes indeed, what a coincidence! Who'd a thunk it?

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Glad to hear your mom's okay. I've heard of a gas leak resulting in one house, maybe two going up like a Roman candle, and even that's rare, but this is insane.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    Former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort pleads guilty to one count of conspiracy against the United States, one count of conspiracy to obstruct justice.
    Sounds like a Cooperation Agreement, as in Manafort is ready to turn on Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Who said anything about rape?
    Your article for starters and this one, below. vvvv
    Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Todd Akin, for one.
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post

Some more details on his plea deal:

* Manafort signed a 17 page cooperation agreement.
    * Manafort admitted to the other charges that were dropped.
    * More charges will be dropped as he cooperates.
    * The phrase "at the direction of the candidate" is in the plea.
    * The conspiracy charge and obstruction charge still carry heavy sentences.
    * Parole will be given at the end of the agreement if Manafort provides good information.
    * As part of Manafort's plea deal, he'll forfeit various bank accounts and properties worth about ~$46 million dollars.

----

Somebody let 45 know that Mueller just more than covered his $7.7M investigation expenses.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 09-14-2018 at 08:45 AM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Extraordinary Member

I don't know if this is the case, but I would think that Andover and the other affected towns would have a state of emergency to shut everything down until he danger has been assessed and dealt with. Business and public buildings might also be at risk.
    They did eventually and they had an evacuation order.

Ultimate Member

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Yes indeed, what a coincidence! Who'd a thunk it?

Glad to hear your mom's okay. I've heard of a gas leak resulting in one house, maybe two going up like a Roman candle, and even that's rare, but this is insane.
    Yeah it was a major catastrophe. They think it might have been very high levels of gas pressure getting into people’s houses and igniting. The crazy thing is they still don’t know what the error was

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Your article for starters and this one, below. vvvv

Some more details on his plea deal:

* Manafort signed a 17 page cooperation agreement.
    * Manafort admitted to the other charges that were dropped.
    * More charges will be dropped as he cooperates.
    * The phrase "at the direction of the candidate" is in the plea.
    * The conspiracy charge and obstruction charge still carry heavy sentences.
    * Parole will be given at the end of the agreement if Manafort provides good information.
    * As part of Manafort's plea deal, he'll forfeit various bank accounts and properties worth about ~$46 million dollars.

----

Somebody let 45 know that Mueller just more than covered his $7.7M investigation expenses.
    Manafort pleads guilty in Mueller probe, will cooperate with prosecutors

Upon entering his guilty plea, Manafort will forfeit three properties in New York — his home in the Hamptons, a property in Manhattan on Howard Street, and a property in Brooklyn — as well as a property on Edgewood Street in Arlington, Virginia, according to the filing.

In addition, Manafort will forfeit all funds contained in four bank accounts, as well as a life insurance policy.
    In one remarkable section of the charging document, prosecutors detailed the nature of Manafort's work for Viktor Yanukovych, who was elected president of Ukraine in 2010 with Russia's backing until he was removed from power as part of the country's political revolution four years later. In 2010, he was running against Yulia Tymoshenko, and prosecutors said Manafort worked to undermine Tymoshenko in the U.S. by spreading stories that a senior U.S. Cabinet official was supporting anti-Semitism because the official supported Tymoshenko, who in turn had formed a political alliance with a Ukraine party that espoused anti-Semitic views.

Manafort privately coordinated with an unnamed senior Israeli official to spread this story as part of what he called an effort to have "Obama Jews" pressure the Obama administration to disavow Tymoshenko. Manafort wrote to one associate: "I have someone pushing it on the NY Post. Bada bing bada boom."
    Sarah Sanders put out a statement saying that this has nothing to do with Trump. However, Trump has been 'mentioned' indirectly in the plea.

Sarah Sanders put out a statement saying that this has nothing to do with Trump. However, Trump has been 'mentioned' indirectly in the plea.
    Well on the obstruction charge, it said "at the direction of the candidate" which would be whomever Manafort was working for at the time.

Can't get more direct than that.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium