Page 40 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142 LastLast

BBC News report about comic book piracy. Zub is the first creator mentioned. Bear in mind, it was Champions not selling well, which he's definitely blaming on piracy, that prompted him to get involved with this debate.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-50564713
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Sam and the most recent Nova solo series are mentioned in the Annihilation Scourge: Nova one-shot.
    Man, that series was so good and so short lived. Happy to see it acknowledged, at least.

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Man, that series was so good and so short lived. Happy to see it acknowledged, at least.
    Same here .

Astonishing Member

BBC News report about comic book piracy. Zub is the first creator mentioned. Bear in mind, it was Champions not selling well, which he's definitely blaming on piracy, that prompted him to get involved with this debate.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-50564713
    Not surprising Zub keeps abreast of that stuff. I get the feeling he has felt the negative effects of creative work piracy more directly than others.

People are talking about our Sam in the Fantastic Four thread. Seems that since Franklin dyed his hair black, Sam and he now look alike! Someone even joked that maybe Sue had an affair with Jesse Alexander, Sam's father...
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I was wondering why he seemed to have black hair now.

Astonishing Member

People are talking about our Sam in the Fantastic Four thread. Seems that since Franklin dyed his hair black, Sam and he now look alike! Someone even joked that maybe Sue had an affair with Jesse Alexander, Sam's father...
    Franklin dyed his hair? Interesting.

Weird Sam segue, though... A little overmuch.

Finally, actual news. The Champions have been Outlawed. Eve Ewing's writing it, as we suspected.
    https://www.newsarama.com/48201-marv...is-spring.html

Finally, actual news. The Champions have been Outlawed. Eve Ewing's writing it, as we suspected.
    https://www.newsarama.com/48201-marv...is-spring.html
    I'm guessing the new book will have the team be underground heroes since they've been outlawed and have to contend with being heroes while also being on the run from the law.

I guess the biggest impact on the membership would be Viv, since it sounds like something happens to her, and Riri and Nadia since they're identities are public knowledge.

Incredible Member

It pleases me greatly that the "Big 3? Young 3?" are front and center on the cover. So i assume the big oof is going to occur in Incoming, and at least one of the younger heroes is gonna be thrown under the bus in some form or fashion. Regardless if the team truly is fractured, at least it seems they know they have to keep Kamala Miles and Sam together.

But geez, Viv can never seem to catch a break can she.......

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm guessing the new book will have the team be underground heroes since they've been outlawed and have to contend with being heroes while also being on the run from the law.

I guess the biggest impact on the membership would be Viv, since it sounds like something happens to her, and Riri and Nadia since they're identities are public knowledge.
    Both Viv and Kamala seem to be incapacitated, based on the preview - the inciting incident is called the Coles Disaster - think about Kamala's school...

Snowguard and Locust will be affected too, as they're not American, so breaking the law could see them get deported.

https://twitter.com/AlannaWrites/sta...64230503780352
    Someone said it's a shame Outlawed is just a one-shot, and Alanna Smith just replied "stay tuned". Thus confirming we haven't heard all of the good news yet!
    Last edited by Digifiend; 12-10-2019 at 01:38 PM.

Glad to have some Champions news and (hopefully) confirmation that the main 3 are sticking together.

Will they call it "Champions: Outlaws?"

I wonder if the outlaw status will effect the roster, depending on if any of the main members decide to quit because they don't want to defy the law. I could almost see Nadia doing it.

Definitely. Incoming! promises a Titanic Divide, remember? Once we know who's out and if anyone new is joining, I'll update the first post. Of course that might be in a new thread anyway if they close them all on January 1st like they did this year!