Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by cookies View Post
    I think you will have more understanding of her character once you read Jeff Loveness's upcoming comic about her. Don't listen to those people who hate her because she has Superman/Clark/Kal wrapped around her little finger because they're obviously jealous lol
    Jeff talking about the comic at 8:31
    He didn't mention whether it was heavily predicated on having read other current Superman stuff or not, hope it's fairly easy for the more casual or new fans (like me) to get into because I really enjoyed how he described it, and I'd certainly love to grab a Lois-centric book for my collection.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Oh I completely get it. I just think its ridiculous. I'm hopeful that Rucka's Lois Lane book and the Metropolis series provide some better context for a Lois introduction not tethered to Superman. As much as I love the Lois & Clark team, I think giving her a mass media showcase for her as a great character seperate from the Superman tropes would really be a great thing. Same for Rucka's ethereal book. Give a solid comic book origin or introduction for her character THEN bring her into Superman's lore.
    What's Rucka's ethereal book?

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    Attachment 76016

Thought Blue lantern Lois was really cool in Nightwing new order. Would be cool to see her again.
    She was awesome!!
    "My heart is tied to the fate of yours. The only test of strength that will ever truly challenge me, is to be vulnerable next to you. To trust...you." - For Lois (Shane Koyczan)

Astonishing Member

Oh I completely get it. I just think its ridiculous. I'm hopeful that Rucka's Lois Lane book and the Metropolis series provide some better context for a Lois introduction not tethered to Superman. As much as I love the Lois & Clark team, I think giving her a mass media showcase for her as a great character seperate from the Superman tropes would really be a great thing. Same for Rucka's ethereal book. Give a solid comic book origin or introduction for her character THEN bring her into Superman's lore.
    How certain is this Metropolis show?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    How certain is this Metropolis show?
    It's currently in development hell

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    It's currently in development hell
    Meaning what exactly?

I'd like it to be a sure thing even though many aren't keen on an "origins" story especially one without a Superman around.

BANNED

Meaning what exactly?
    Meaning it's stalled.

Astonishing Member

That sucks!

Meaning what exactly?

I'd like it to be a sure thing even though many aren't keen on an "origins" story especially one without a Superman around.
    It was supposed to be one of the first titles on DC Universe. But it got pulled back to be reworked and they’ve gone forward with all these more traditional superhero shows. I think the thought was to lead with some safer content for the launch while they reworked it into something. The idea of Lois and Lex investing things together in Metropolis also wasn’t recieved very well.

The longevity of DC Universe is also pretty iffy right now. Supposedly their subscription numbers are low and the video portion may be folded into a general WB’s service. May make the Lois show more likely actually since it’s relieve it of some of the pressure of carrying a service.

I like the idea of Lois getting an introduction thats separate from and builds into meeting Clark/Superman I think you could definitely seed rumors of a “super-man” into stories she’s reporting, but building out her character and everything before that point would be great.

Astonishing Member

It was supposed to be one of the first titles on DC Universe. But it got pulled back to be reworked and they’ve gone forward with all these more traditional superhero shows. I think the thought was to lead with some safer content for the launch while they reworked it into something. The idea of Lois and Lex investing things together in Metropolis also wasn’t recieved very well.
    Uh...no. Lois investigating Lex is infinitely better. Hopefully this is the one of the things retooled. They need to stop pussyfooting around Lex's antagonistic role every time they do pre-Superman stories. They made him Clark's best friend in Smallville and now this.

The longevity of DC Universe is also pretty iffy right now. Supposedly their subscription numbers are low and the video portion may be folded into a general WB’s service. May make the Lois show more likely actually since it’s relieve it of some of the pressure of carrying a service.

I like the idea of Lois getting an introduction thats separate from and builds into meeting Clark/Superman I think you could definitely seed rumors of a “super-man” into stories she’s reporting, but building out her character and everything before that point would be great.
    I think starting small, a self contained 10-episode season shouldn't be too hard to pull off. And I love the "super" man rumours idea, they could treat it like an urban legend or something inconceivable but slowly she gets taken in by the possibility, kind of like MoS but spreading it over the season rather than making it the focus. I just hope they don't pass up the LL origins story. It needs delving into since we know all there is to know about Superman and how he came to be but nothing on Lois. We know she's already a superstar when Clark meets her, I just want the before story, Smallvillesque (not quite so long winded) but from Lois' POV. She's too fabulous a character to remain a mystery this long.
    Last edited by rpmaluki; 01-11-2019 at 05:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cookies View Post
    I think you will have more understanding of her character once you read Jeff Loveness's upcoming comic about her. Don't listen to those people who hate her because she has Superman/Clark/Kal wrapped around her little finger because they're obviously jealous lol
    Jeff talking about the comic at 8:31
    Thanks for the link.

BANNED

Lots of Lois action in this new trailer

https://mobile.twitter.com/WBHomeEnt...08041999331329

Uh...no. Lois investigating Lex is infinitely better. Hopefully this is the one of the things retooled. They need to stop pussyfooting around Lex's antagonistic role every time they do pre-Superman stories. They made him Clark's best friend in Smallville and now this.
    Yeah, I feel like the general reaction to that little bit of info being leaked was a resounding confused "what?" Supposedly it was like an X-Files type thing. Who knows. One of the rare cases where a show going back into development was great news. I think the idea to set Lex up as Lois' antagonist would be pretty good. I'm not wholly against the idea of any type of Lois or Lex relationship existing before Clark, so long as its built that she realizes he's a scumbag on her own.

I think starting small, a self contained 10-episode season shouldn't be too hard to pull off. And I love the "super" man rumours idea, they could treat it like an urban legend or something inconceivable but slowly she gets taken in by the possibility, kind of like MoS but spreading it over the season rather than making it the focus. I just hope they don't pass up the LL origins story. It needs delving into since we know all there is to know about Superman and how he came to be but nothing on Lois. We know she's already a superstar when Clark meets her, I just want the before story, Smallvillesque (not quite so long winded) but from Lois' POV. She's too fabulous a character to remain a mystery this long.
    Yeah, I think that would be a great idea for a show. I had a post a while back about rebooting Superman and I liked the idea of a Man of Steel style introduction for her mixed with sort of the beginning of Birthright. Have her traveling the world as an investigative reporter or war correspondent and in her travels seed in Clark's pre-Superman exploits. I would not want her to meet him before Metropolis though.

You could even do the Lois show within the darker Titan's universe that they've built up. Lois as an investigative reporter looking into all these shady corporations, vigilanties, cults, and meta humans etc. would definitely serve as a good build up to Superman's introduction in that universe. We know he does exist there now. It wasn't clear until the season finale, but he definitely does. I mean Donna Troy in Titan's is actually made into a Lois Lane-esqe photojournalist already. It's kind of hilarious all the criticisms people level at Lois as a character, yet every time people need to make a female superhero adjacent character interesting they basically make her Lois. Happened with both Donna and MJ in the Spider-Man PS4 game, where MJ is a blatant ripoff of Lois Lane.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Lots of Lois action in this new trailer

https://mobile.twitter.com/WBHomeEnt...08041999331329
    So exited for this. Seeing it tomorrow and have seen a few twitter posts from the UK premiere that said Lois is the best in it. Hopefully it keeps up the quality of Death of Superman.

Though I'm dropping it a whole letter grade if they don't have the 90's long hair when he returns.

b9e270f626f31679dc4943556650755d._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg
    Last edited by Yoda; 01-12-2019 at 11:50 AM.

So the Reign of the Supermen animated movie is a pretty Lois centric fim. Really great use of her character and probably the best we've seen her portrayed in the last 10-15 years. Just a ton of great scenes!

Astonishing Member

The more I hear about this movie the happier I am. I love Lois Lane being shown in her element.

It really is probably the best we have seen her in such a long time. She’s the connective tissue throughout the whole movie and is just used so well in it. Such a good representation of her as a character. Smart, investigative reporter, funny, sassy, just awesome. Great scenes with her and John Henry and another with Diana. Nature of the movie limits her time with Clark obviously, but still great scenes. I can’t wait to watch it again this week when it’s on DC Universe.