Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    The Dark Rey 2 lightsaber was pretty cringe.
    Why's that? (It is a pre-established design and, IMHO, makes the most sense if you wanted a saberstaff; more compact and easer to cary when not in use.)

Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    Its like trying to enact shock value, something you would see in CW writing. The overall trailer was okay. I don't know what to do with Disney star wars anymore. everything about it feels soulless and too masterminded by The Disney Corporation.
    I think the dark side Rey thing is about the same thing as her seeming to be joining Kylo at the end of the second TLJ trailer; a shocking bit that's taken out of context to get people talking. I seriously doubt she's actually going to go bad for real (maybe a Force vision or an illusion of some kind?). As far as the trailer itself, it's so vague that there's no real clue what they story is about (beyond the obvious "Resistance vs.First Order" that we all knew was coming). Way too early to be judging it, IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    As for Kylo's, the crossguard isn't meant to be functional, it's meant to be intimidating. Ben Solo is form over function, he's a little boy playing at being badass. It actually makes a lot of sense that he'd go for an over the top style like that.
    Actually, the crossgaurd is purely for function; since Kylo has a cracked Cyber crystal in his saber (hence why the blade crackles and looks less solid), he needs it to vent the excess energy to keep the saber from overloading. (That said, the crossguard design does exist for its own sake.)
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Will Rey join the Dark Side to defeat the Dark Side? Shortest Dark Side tenure ever.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

That seemed to be Luke's strategy in Dark Empire (Didn't work out that great, Leia pretty much had to bail him out).
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

One thing about the scene with Rey training: I'm wondering if maybe that's Endor, given that it's probably a setting in the film with the Death Star ruins.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    One thing about the scene with Rey training: I'm wondering if maybe that's Endor, given that it's probably a setting in the film with the Death Star ruins.
    Maybe. The wreck looks like it's more of a shore area, so maybe we'll see an Endor that has a more diverse landscape then the original movie implied.
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Maybe. The wreck looks like it's more of a shore area, so maybe we'll see an Endor that has a more diverse landscape then the original movie implied.
    Could be the actual planet Endor and not the forest moon that was home to the Ewoks. Endor was said to be a gas giant in old EU material but that doesn't mean it has to be currently and since we never actually saw it then it wouldn't be a huge contradiction.

Or the forest moon could have some beach front property, though I would think something like the remains of the Deathstar crashing down on the world would lead to a pretty grizzly fate for the Ewoks

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Could be the actual planet Endor and not the forest moon that was home to the Ewoks. Endor was said to be a gas giant in old EU material but that doesn't mean it has to be currently and since we never actually saw it then it wouldn't be a huge contradiction.
    Could be, although I think Endor the moon would be more meaningful to the audience.

Or the forest moon could have some beach front property, though I would think something like the remains of the Deathstar crashing down on the world would lead to a pretty grizzly fate for the Ewoks
    It looked like most of the station got vaporized in the explosion. Know in Legends that either the Rebels prevented the debris from striking (in that hilarious "Apocalypse Endor" comic) or the explosion created a wormhole that shunted most of the debris to Dac (from that awful Glove of Darth Vader series).
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Could be, although I think Endor the moon would be more meaningful to the audience.

It looked like most of the station got vaporized in the explosion. Know in Legends that either the Rebels prevented the debris from striking (in that hilarious "Apocalypse Endor" comic) or the explosion created a wormhole that shunted most of the debris to Dac (from that awful Glove of Darth Vader series).
    Both of those explanations for where the Deathstar debris went are terribly overly contrived though so it's much easier to say the debris fell else where.

As for the audience wanting a return to the Ewok's world? I can't speak for everyone and I love the little guys and wouldn't mind visiting them again...but I'd much rather see a new world and have generally found the way the new trilogy mirrors the old to be a crutch rather than an enjoyable feature.

Although technically not canon, the Ewoks movies did show other biomes on Endor such as a desert. The shots of the moon itself from ROTJ also show some large water bodies as well.

We've got at least one concept from the Ewok films returning with the Blurrgs in Mandalorian (although those were also in Clone Wars) so it's possible Endor's other areas could be brought back.

Previously Endor was filmed in California I think (The same forest was later used for Isla Sorna in The Lost World: Jurassic Park). I know most of ROS location filming was done in Jordan but I'm curious if there were any other locations used.

Both of those explanations for where the Deathstar debris went are terribly overly contrived though so it's much easier to say the debris fell else where.
    The Glove one is for sure, I would agree (but it was a pretty silly series, at the best of times). The Apocalypse one was just the punchline to the story (about a former Stromtrooper's taking comfort in the belief that the Ewoks were decimated by the debris of the Death Star after the living hell they put him and his troops through before the battle).

As for the audience wanting a return to the Ewok's world? I can't speak for everyone and I love the little guys and wouldn't mind visiting them again...but I'd much rather see a new world and have generally found the way the new trilogy mirrors the old to be a crutch rather than an enjoyable feature.
    Fair enough. I tend to agree with more new then old, but, in this case, I think taking things full circle back to Endor seems fitting. Doesn't have to be a whole nostalgia trip with Ewoks and all that either.
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    That seemed to be Luke's strategy in Dark Empire (Didn't work out that great, Leia pretty much had to bail him out).
    Wasn't that story largely derided for that?

I think a lot more criticism was towards the return of Palpatine, making Anakin/Vader's sacrifice pretty much in vain. Not only that, after he was defeated in the first Dark Empire, he came back *again* in the sequel, and finally met his end getting shot by Han Solo, and then his spirit "tied down" by a Cyborg Jedi.

However, he we are possibly seeing something similar in the next film....

I find it amusing that Rey is training...as if she is in danger of losing or getting a hand chopped off like Luke did. I'm calling it, she is going to get a new never seen before power in this movie making her even more overpowered and the villains even less threatening than they are now.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    I find it amusing that Rey is training...as if she is in danger of losing or getting a hand chopped off like Luke did. I'm calling it, she is going to get a new never seen before power in this movie making her even more overpowered and the villains even less threatening than they are now.
    If you think Rey is overpowered, check out the Force Unleashed stuff or the Kevin J. Anderson's old Star Wars novels. Not even close.
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

iMan 42s

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    The force users get new powers every movie.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.