Thread: Wrestling WWE

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    So I don't agree. That just reeks of WWE's laziness and/or incompetence with their writing. Here's an idea, instead of yet again pushing Charlotte as the be all end all (seriously WWE undercutting everyone else just to build her up is getting REALLY annoying), TELL A GOOD STORY and BUILD SOMEONE ELSE UP to take down Asuka later, give someone the rub who could use it. WWE USED to know how to do that, but they've forgotten it seems.

As it stands, SDL is just the "Charlotte Flair show" and it's getting old. You spent two years building Asuka up, the logical outcome is not her tapping out weakly and very quickly to a mis-applied (and weaker according to the commentary) Figure-8 (seriously Sasha lasted longer in that hold during the Iron Woman match than submission expert/monster Asuka did here) and then basically kiss Charlotte's a** verbally later on. The logical outcome, was for her to win.

Also Charlotte is the LAST person who needed a win here.

As for Nakamura, he just lost his WWE title feud to Jinder and again Vince put an Asian star into a Mania title match just to lose to his American stars. He's never going to change.
    I get what your saying and I somewhat agree. I did think Nakamura was going to win the title, but this heel turn could be interesting and could lead to a title win at Backlash. Charlotte didn't need the win here, but if anyone is going to break Auska streak she wasn't the worse choice. Would you rather have had Carmella beat her in a shock victory?

Extraordinary Member

Haven't finished watching yet but damn Ronda Rousey killed it! Wow.

Astonishing Member

I didn't enjoy it to be honest, mostly because a majority of the finishes didn't go the way I wanted.
    Didn't care about the Andre but why tease Ziggs to give us who we got?
    Didn't care about Cruiserweights
    Didn't mind Naomi winning though it seemed out of the blue however if neither Sasha or Baily then Naomi is a good choice
    I don't mind Charlotte, I like many assumed a long Asuka run but the streak took the mystery out of all the booking (once the WWE added the any loss ends the streak stipulation you knew how all her matches would go until a big Summer Slam type event, even stuff like the mixed match challenge.
    I would have preferred the Uso's didn't get squashed in their first WrestleMania moment
    Wanted Bobby Roode to win the US title but if not him then Rusev
    Didn't care who won the IC title but it seems like Finn is being Zigglered
    Nia Jax vs Bliss was what I was expecting which wasn't much
    I was surprised by the Cena squash by the Taker, surprised it wasn't an the predicted American Bad version.
    not surprised by the D. Bryan win, just hard to suspend the disbelief when you know what good friends he is with Sammy and KO
    the main event was the worst booked thing ever kick out of 5 finishers just to lose, the crowd was there to boo a Reigns win but heck they didn't enjoy the loss either.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Though I didn't see it coming at all, the heel turn probably was for the best. Face Nakamura was truthfully losing momentum. I think this gives him a refresh.
    It certainly gives Nakamura a fresher character. He looked a lot more comfortable playing a Heel in 5 minutes than he did playing a Face for the past year.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Legion87 View Post
    I get what your saying and I somewhat agree. I did think Nakamura was going to win the title, but this heel turn could be interesting and could lead to a title win at Backlash. Charlotte didn't need the win here, but if anyone is going to break Auska streak she wasn't the worse choice. Would you rather have had Carmella beat her in a shock victory?
    I honestly think Charlotte was the best choice. Asuka being undefeated was becoming a little too stale and doing favors for nobody. Building somebody up to take her down would've taken too long. (It should've happened in NXT.) I'm just happy it wasn't Alexa Bliss. After last night though, Charlotte needs to turn Heel.
    Last edited by Angelo2113; 04-09-2018 at 08:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Angelo2113 View Post
    It certainly gives Nakamura a fresher character. He looked a lot more comfortable playing a Heel in 5 minutes than he did playing a Face for the past year.

I honestly think Charlotte was the best choice. Asuka being undefeated was becoming a little too stale and doing favors for nobody. Building somebody up to take her down would've taken too long. (It should've happened in NXT.) I'm just happy it wasn't Alexa Bliss. After last night though, Charlotte needs to turn Heel.
    It was either going to be Charlotte or Ronda, but Charlotte was the safer choice. So I don't think there's a whole lot to complain about here.

As for Nakamura ... I've never seen him as heel before, but I bought it here. And Smackdoen probably needs a new top heel if KO and Sami are gone. So that works.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    So I don't agree. That just reeks of WWE's laziness and/or incompetence with their writing. Here's an idea, instead of yet again pushing Charlotte as the be all end all (seriously WWE undercutting everyone else just to build her up is getting REALLY annoying), TELL A GOOD STORY and BUILD SOMEONE ELSE UP to take down Asuka later, give someone the rub who could use it. WWE USED to know how to do that, but they've forgotten it seems.

As it stands, SDL is just the "Charlotte Flair show" and it's getting old. You spent two years building Asuka up, the logical outcome is not her tapping out weakly and very quickly to a mis-applied (and weaker according to the commentary) Figure-8 (seriously Sasha lasted longer in that hold during the Iron Woman match than submission expert/monster Asuka did here) and then basically kiss Charlotte's a** verbally later on. The logical outcome, was for her to win.

Also Charlotte is the LAST person who needed a win here.

As for Nakamura, he just lost his WWE title feud to Jinder and again Vince put an Asian star into a Mania title match just to lose to his American stars. He's never going to change.
    I think the thing to remember isn't just that Charlotte and AJ are white, but that Charlotte and AJ are both arguably the best male and female wrestlers on the planet.

So them retaining the belts under any circumstances, to me at least isn't all that terrible. If there are any 2 wrestlers on the planet who deserve to walk around with the belts, it's them. Not that Nakamura and Asuka don't deserve it too, but to me at least you can go either way and still get a great champion.

In Nakamuras case, I think the heel turn might actually do more good for him than winning the title
    But we'll see.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Nakamura was a heel when he was the leader of CHAOS. You wouldn't know as fans still liked him anyway. He practically killed Ibushi during their feud.

BANNED

I enjoyed it, watched with some friends and some people who dont watch wrestling at all and they had a great time

BANNED

If Brock didn't secretly resign with WWE for another year, I could see WWE having drop the title tonight on Raw (rematch with Roman or something) or at the Royal Rumble thing at the end of the month. Or they could just allow him to keep the title while he is in UFC and defend it once he is done with that again.
    thats the hiccup, the WWE doesn't want to re-sign him if he's going back to UFC, he wants to do both

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    thats the hiccup, the WWE doesn't want to re-sign him if he's going back to UFC, he wants to do both
    Well Brock and WWE could come up with a compromise so he could do both. He drops the title for now, then when he returns gets a rematch or something.

Extraordinary Member

Rousey was the highlight for me ,she exceeded expectations big time.

Not seeing the point of Jinder having another title his gimmick is horrible. He must be paying Vince cash, Rusev is over why not give titles to the over guys.

Asuka's streak ended up being a waste, I wasn't a big fan of it but to lose to Charlotte like that was b.s. Then she has to say Charlotte was ready wtf was that.

Couldn't see the point either of Reigns taking 5/6? F5's getting opened up just to lose to Brock who's leaving. smh...

Cena got squashed like a bug he marked out on UnderTaker like a fan lol.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Well Brock and WWE could come up with a compromise so he could do both. He drops the title for now, then when he returns gets a rematch or something.
    I doubt the company wants him to do both. WWE isn't in the business of sharing talent.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I doubt the company wants him to do both. WWE isn't in the business of sharing talent.
    if Im Vince, I tell him, you can stay here or you can jog on

I would not be surprised if Heyman and Brock come out tonight and announce that they're leaving WWE, with Brock as an undefeated champ. Then Angle would announce a tournament for the title. Reigns comes out and demands that he still be #1 contender, so Angle agrees to give him a bye for the first round of the tourney.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    You are probably right.