Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    After having started a thread like this in the DC Comics page I thought I'd do one here only this time I'd try another subject Iron Man. Just imagine if Marvel Comics gave you all full reign to do anything you please with Iron Man whether it's fixing up any problems that exist among his supporting cast, any bad ideas done by previous writers that have yet to be rectified, or coming up new plot directions that should take Tony Stark to the next level. As always it's all fun and games so have a go at it.
    Already doing it.

Age of Marvels.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    At the end of the first issue, Tony and Rhodey (he'll be back) are vaporized before Riri's eyes. However, the next issue would reveal that it only appeared that they were vaporized, when in reality, for reasons connected to the plot of the opening arc, they'd just been teleported to the past, while their teenage selves had switched places with him. The rest of the book would then follow TeenTony and 'friends' (Tony and Riri would hate each other more than a little) going on adventures as they try to find a way to switch the boys back.

Also I'd probably work Gene Khan into the mythos because he's my favorite Iron Man 'villain', just in case it wasn't obvious enough yet what my favorite take on 'Iron Man' was.
    I loved Armored Adventures too. They did a lot of the comic stuff right on there.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

-I wanted to make Tony's mom a reformed supervillian and see how that shakes up his life.
    -I thought Orson Scott Card's Iron man miniseries was interesting. It showcases Iron man's childhood in the Ultimate Universe so I'd try to play in that sandbox more.
    -I'd try and give Rhodey a new superhero ID because War Machine ain't getting it done.

This may sound kind of weird but I would like to present a more realistic portrayal of addiction recovery with medication and therapy.

Quote Originally Posted by Lammasu View Post
    This may sound kind of weird but I would like to present a more realistic portrayal of addiction recovery with medication and therapy.
    That's not weird. Tony suffers from severe depression, addiction and he suffers from PTSD in the movies. They should explore it more because a lot of people can relate to that.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 04-16-2018 at 11:07 PM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Stark: global computer technology and clean energy company.
    Lots of international action & spy intrigue.
    Several new villains.

Astonishing Member

Tony technically replaced all his armour with that new model in Bendis's run that can transform into any of his old armours. And what sort of armour would you give Pepper and Riri to set them apart from Tony?
    Did Not Know that Tony had a morphing armor now. That settles my little gripe about that. Good. Specific changes for Pepper and Riri? Not sure really. I'd want them to look like Stark armors. Different colors maybe. Nop specifics in mind for different features and abilities for their armors- I'd just like to see something diffrent for fun and for the sake of variety.

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Photon Torme View Post
    Did Not Know that Tony had a morphing armor now. That settles my little gripe about that. Good. Specific changes for Pepper and Riri? Not sure really. I'd want them to look like Stark armors. Different colors maybe. Nop specifics in mind for different features and abilities for their armors- I'd just like to see something diffrent for fun and for the sake of variety.
    The new model was probably one of the few highlights of Bendis's run I know I liked it. Take your time to come up with some new ideas to set Riri and Pepper apart it's fine. You know where to go if you want to write them.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Retcon the adoption origin, bring Happy back, bring the Mandarin back, bring Rhodes back (looks like it’s already happening though), have him make weapons again, bring Stane back, and make Pepper Tony’s love interest.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Retcon the adoption origin, bring Happy back, bring the Mandarin back, bring Rhodes back (looks like it’s already happening though), bring Stane back, and make Pepper Tony’s love interest.
    Any thoughts on wanting to undo Pepper and Happy's failed marriage? Thought at this point it feels like Marvel just doesn't want to talk about it.

Any thoughts on wanting to undo Pepper and Happy's failed marriage? Thought at this point it feels like Marvel just doesn't want to talk about it.
    I would probably just ignore it. But back to Pepper, I would have her actively work as Rescue in a purple suit similar to the one in Iron Man: Armored Adventures.

I would probably just ignore it. But back to Pepper, I would have her actively work as Rescue in a purple suit similar to the one in Iron Man: Armored Adventures.
    I think that's what Marvel is actually doing with Happy and Pepper's marriage. What made the Rescue armour stand out among in the comics is that it had no offensive abilities and was primarily used for emergencies hence the name. But the purple colour scheme is okay.

I think that's what Marvel is actually doing with Happy and Pepper's marriage. What made the Rescue armour stand out among in the comics is that it had no offensive abilities and was primarily used for emergencies hence the name. But the purple colour scheme is okay.
    Yeah. And I don’t think it’s really as important as something like the adoption retcon in terms of needing to be addressed. I could see a writer being afraid to undo it because they may feel that it could look like a slight against adopted people (which I in no way intend), but I don’t think people would react that way. Tony Stark being adopted wasn’t a huge first. If anything, adoption may be overrepresented in comic books. I mean the first real superhero (Superman) was adopted, Batman and Spider-Man were quasi-adopted, Nightcrawler and Beast Boy were adopted, Bruce Banner quasi-adopted. Mary Marvel. Most of the Robins. I could really go on and on.

Yeah. And I don’t think it’s really as important as something like the adoption retcon in terms of needing to be addressed. I could see a writer being afraid to undo it because they may feel that it could look like a slight against adopted people (which I in no way intend), but I don’t think people would react that way. Tony Stark being adopted wasn’t a huge first. If anything, adoption may be overrepresented in comic books. I mean the first real superhero (Superman) was adopted, Batman and Spider-Man were quasi-adopted, Nightcrawler and Beast Boy were adopted, Bruce Banner quasi-adopted. Mary Marvel. Most of the Robins. I could really go on and on.
    I see your point it adopted children in comics themselves have become a bit of a cliche though some like Blue Beetle, Jaime Reyes come from stable non adoptive homes so there's a switch there. Though ironically I found that Tony being adopted by the Stark family sort of explains his horrible childhood as some families can adopt children only to abuse them.

I see your point it adopted children in comics themselves have become a bit of a cliche though some like Blue Beetle, Jaime Reyes come from stable non adoptive homes so there's a switch there. Though ironically I found that Tony being adopted by the Stark family sort of explains his horrible childhood as some families can adopt children only to abuse them.
    Not really related to Iron Man, but I think the biggest cliche is the whole Batman phenomenon. Really can’t name a sing A-list or B-list character created before the 2000s with two living parents who are married. Richard Rider was the last one, but he lost his dad last year. Everyone has to be motivated by tragedy these days. Throughout the Silver Age, both of Barry Allen’s parents were alive. Now the “Zoom kills her” origin has been baked into the cake.