Page 337 of 782 FirstFirst ... 237287327333334335336337338339340341347387437 ... LastLast
Results 5,041 to 5,055 of 11718

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    "Oh, you think they might be dead?" Sasheem asked hopefully, having just woken up from a brief nap he decided to take on the Lookout floor.
    Meagan looked at him, obviously not too amused, "Why don't you go down there and find out?" She was still clearing her mind of the brief attack, while trying to figure out what to do next.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Auroc smiles.

“What Spirit. I expect nothing less from you Ishtar, daughter of Shek’hinah. Or you Ochazuke, Zxu’ro’s Chosen.”

He seems to IGNORE Parsley.

“Anula was merely an initiate. Barely come into her power. Judge mine annointed not so harshly, I ask.”

The presence seems to lighten just a bit for Ishtar and Ochazuke, but amplify for the others to kneel.
    She was relieved that he appeared to ignore her. That should have meant the compulsion would lessen.

It didn't. It increased.

There was only so much her pride would allow her to ignore. She wasn't strong enough to resist. Her teeth nearly cracked from the anger and rage she felt when her knee touched the ground.

He... he can't do this...

All she could do was listen and wait, and try to continue to resist the otherworldly being's compulsion.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Meagan looked at him, obviously not too amused, "Why don't you go down there and find out?" She was still clearing her mind of the brief attack, while trying to figure out what to do next.
    "If Sasheem is being honest, if they're still fighting that Threshling witch, then he has no real way to deal with her magic or magic in general...yet," the Majin noted, a rare moment of acknowledging a weakness of his. "If the're really in danger, she probably has them weaved up in some sorta spell. Sasheem couldn't help 'em even if he wanted to. And he most definitely does not..." Sasheem stopped speaking for a moment, remembering Meagan's initial reaction.

"They...are still fighting the Threshling witch, right?"

Auroc smiles.

“What Spirit. I expect nothing less from you Ishtar, daughter of Shek’hinah. Or you Ochazuke, Zxu’ro’s Chosen.”

“Anula was merely an initiate. Barely come into her power. Judge mine annointed not so harshly, I ask.”

The presence seems to lighten just a bit for Ishtar and Ochazuke, but amplify for the others to kneel.
    Had this been the first time Ishtar had seen herself in the presence of a higher power, she would have perhaps cowed, and bent the knees that know held her up in subtle defiance ...

Yet this was not, and there was one at least the golden-eyed Oni knew who towered above this presence -- even if it was but a fragment of this Auroc's true might.

Genesis.

And in knowing that fear, a fear that pierced so deep it had altered her drive, and course if ever so slightly ?

This did not compare.

And so after a moment's consideration, Ishtar offered the Hermit God, a fanged smile.

"Initiate or no, she had your blessing, as to these 'anointed', however ... I shall do as you ask. Though having only encountered two of your ... chosen, there is little for one to draw on beyond the experience they offered."

Banter about Initiates and their failure however, was certainly not why Auroc had turned his eye however, so with a nod of further acknowledgement -- of the Hermit God's knowledge of both herself, and Ochazuke -- the glowing-horn Oni asked then,

"Now ... what is it that compels Auroc to turn his eyes toward those who are not chosen, hm ?"
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Qaztoh replies to this saying " think about it the only reason I didn't want to be Queen besides that I was afraid. " " Was that I didn't want to live in my mother's shadow." "even after her death at the hands of Killrog I felt that her presence still linger on like a parasite." " the walls of the castle in which I live when I was child is feel of bad memories."

" however maybe I should be come Queen and be better ruler than my awful mother." "that woman made me, my late siblings and my late father's lives miserable." " my late father was always depressed when she was around." " his skin was gold like mine but when he was around her it was always a deep blue."

" he never talk because she wouldn't let him." Khan replies to this saying " wow poor guy ." " oh and this universal translator device you have that you created is pretty neat." Praxat replies to this saying " yes indeed Yazaki Zorak was a poor soul."

" he was the first born and the son of the Queen before Yaztoh ." " since he was a boy he couldn't become the ruler of the kingdom." " since the Toadian Kingdom has always been run by a female ruler , so an arranged marriage was set between him and Yaztoh who came from a very wealthy noble family."

" after they were married Yaztoh became the Queen. " " I was told this is how Yaztoh became Queen by my grandparents."
    "You'll never be a better ruler than your mother if you don't try," Sarada responded. "And from the looks of things, you have something she didn't have." She cocked her head toward Praxat. "You have someone who's willing and able to keep you in line and bust your ass if you get too cocky. We all need someone to call us out on our bullshit, even royalty." Especially royalty.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    "Yes. Despite his mistake... I..." Tasure paused and grumbled. She had never been one for overt emotion. "...want to see him again. But he'll have to make up for those mistakes. Not to me, but our son. Then, maybe we can go back to how things were. And... well, considering how Kari and Toto go at it, it would be a damn shame for him to not meet his grandchildren. Because it's going to happen sooner or later."

Tasure's expression didn't change one whit when Sarada mentioned that Parsley was staying with the group. "I see. Probably still pissed about my promise to... depose her, I assume? Hmph, I suppose we'll eat that horse when we get to it. Until then, I... look forward to seeing her in action. Prick or not, your sister is quite the rare talent."

A yawn sounded out at Totoma approached the group, scratching the back of his head. It appeared that he had just woken up. "Ahh, hey mom, didn't expect to see you. Couldn't pass up a part, huh?"

Tasure regarded her son out of the corner of her eye. "Lazing about? If you have have time for that, you have time to train. Especially now that your body's just about recovered from all that self-abuse."

"Geez, on my ass already? Heh, you never change."

"And neither do you, apparently." She shook her head. "...good job not backing down against Jagam. But... you need to get off your ass and do some actual training instead of just relying on talent."

Totoma was silent for a moment, then responded. "...yes ma'am. So, um.... where's Kari? She was with you, and I... don't sense her..."

"She'll be here soon enough, and I'll be sending you two out to find Aiden... and revive your father using the Namekian Dragon Balls," said Tasure. "She'll be your training partner. I don't care if you two fuck each other silly, but if I find out that you haven't been busting your ass to get stronger, I am going to do the ass-busting for you. Do I make myself clear?"

"Mom, I..."

"Do. I. Make. My. Self. Clear?"

"...yes."

"Good."

Totoma looked around. "So... did I miss anything while I was napping?"
    Whatever Totoma's father did to him, it was bad enough to upset Tasure this much. And yet, despite that, she still wanted to go back to the way things were before. This was love. This was what she hoped she and Ishtar could have when they paired and started a family. To forgive and forget, despite even the worst of mistakes. Yeah, that was what she wanted.

Then, Totoma showed up. The lazy bastard had been napping all this time. From the feel of it, he had gotten stronger, too, after the fight with Jagam and their trip to the other universe. And yet, he could have been much stronger if he trained even a little.

His mother agreed when she laid down the law and told him exactly how things were going to go when Karine got there. To Namek they were to go, all the while they were going train with each other. What form that training took -- lucky bastard -- was up to them, but it was going to happen, or heads were getting cracked.

Sarada laughed. "Listen to your mother, Totoma. How are we supposed to be rivals if you keep Slaking off?"

Megan fell to the Plaza, her eye closes defensively.

Cyanna cries ou, "Sister! What happened?"as she rushes to her side.

Meagan waves her off, "I'm fine, just stunned. It's powerful, whatever they are facing is very dangerous." Cyanna then helps Meagan to her feet, "Felt like something Asha'rah would be familiar with."
    She was about to fill him in on the few particulars she was aware of when she noticed Meagan fall to the floor. "Hm?" As she headed that way to check things out, she heard the key words that got her blood pumping. "Powerful and dangerous? Where the hell is it? Is it still around?!" An excited grin appeared. "I hope so. I've been itching for a fight forever now!"
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

"If Sasheem is being honest, if they're still fighting that Threshling witch, then he has no real way to deal with her magic or magic in general...yet," the Majin noted, a rare moment of acknowledging a weakness of his. "If the're really in danger, she probably has them weaved up in some sorta spell. Sasheem couldn't help 'em even if he wanted to. And he most definitely does not..." Sasheem stopped speaking for a moment, remembering Meagan's initial reaction.

"That wasn't Anula I felt. Whatever it was, nearly knocked me out from this distance. Its' way more powerful than she could ever have been. I don't know what it was, or..." and Meagan's fist grew tighter, "how to deal with it. But I can't just stay here and do nothing."
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    "If Auroc brings his love to all, then why does he hide from all the universe, watching, threatening? Why does he abandon his faithful in your hour of need?"
    Zaofan, moreso than before, could sense unholy energies swirling about. Or at least, that could be his paranoia or self-doubt or even the hairs of his goosebumps sticking up. He hated so much to be the least experienced in the room. "Do you think it's a good idea to antagonize..."

Anula would have replied had her body not stiffened, her mouth falling open in a silent scream as a bloody red line opens upon her brow vertically. It opens wider and wider until a green and red eye, nearly the size of her forehead, gazes at them.

Ishtar knows that eye. The gaze of Auroc.

Just it’s presence alone staggers them all, bringing them down to their knees in supplication as if by their own will they wanted to worship him.

Anula’s mouth curls up as a male voice, seductive and powerful like a Siren’s song and beyond them speaks.

“Ahh.....Earth. Hmm, I see you.”
    "HHWWUUAAGH!" Like the others, Zaofan is forced against his will to his knees, completely unable to resist. Teeth gritted, body stiff. He tries, struggling mightily, to move his hand to Etrina, also down.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post

Before anything could be sealed, in blood or bond, Anula shriveled and cried out as a possession of sorts took effect; and the eye that appeared in the center of her forehead, was one familiar.

"Auroc."

Ishtar stated simply as his presence staggered, though despite this otherworldly force the Oni did not quite kneel. "The Hermit God ... a meeting much sooner than I had anticipated." The glowing-horn Oni offered through grit teeth.

"Know you then, the truth ? That your suppilcants proved weaker than I in the ways of magic you bid them walk ?"
    Dash found herself on her knees, yet her right hand went up across her face, hiding it from the eye. Her hand glowed as the Mark of Iris struggled to shield her from him.
    He saw it through his expanded sense, that glaze of a familiar presence. Between space, rendered in mixed blood by Ishtar's ritual.

And so Ochazuke knew a figment of that shapeless eye, the puppeteer of the twisted flesh of his thrall, and the sweep of piercing gaze as it cut through his being. The only thing could do was throw his foot before him, sinking shakily into the earth and snow in defiance.

I...refuse...to yield...to you...
    "Dash...! Ish-Ishtaarr...!" Even with his head down, he could see his friends also trying to resist as best they could. Ishtar and Ochazuke, in particular, had to be admired for their continued challenges.

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post

An irresistible force emanating from a green and red eye that suddenly appeared on the forehead of the tormented Threshling witch. It compelled her to bow, to show obeisance to the god of the Threshling. Her pride wouldn't allow her to comply, but she couldn't resist. Her body staggered and struggled, two forces within her fighting for control of her own body.

Madness.

The sheer audacity of this... abomination to wrest control of her faculties. The coward! To hide himself within the body of another instead of showing himself to face them personally.

How dare he!

Her teeth gritted together, grinding like two stones as her knees bent. Still she struggled. "I... bow... before... no one..."
    "You... you tell 'em... Parsley!"

Even if he didn't have magic, at least being a hype man on the ground could work.

Auroc smiles.

"ARGH!" Zaofan is brought closer to the floor. "Sooo... you're Auroc, huh?! --ugh--! Welcome to... Earth...! Have you --ack -- seen our beaches? The're -- nnnggnn-- lovely this time of -- year!

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    As the force pushing her down increased, Etrina only became even more furious at her situation. She was not one to take humiliation, especially of this particular type, just kneeling down.

Summoning ice beneath her hands, Etrina began pushing herself up using the ice as a slowly expanding crutch. The chill of the ice bite at her hands, but she barely felt it for the boiling hot anger keeping her hot in the face.
    Resistance...! Yes, Etrina! Go! GO!

His body fell leaden under the gaze of the Threshling god, the weight of strain and spiritual pressure slamming down on the left foot set before him.

It was a harrowing sensation he had not known for a long time. Not since the waves of memory crashed upon the island of his youth and threatened to swallow him into the seas surrounding Tanchozurujima.

Before the veil of the dark unknown, he stood before the presence of that little death that cowed instinct to submission.

Fear.

Struggling to maintain composure, quivering under the unresponsive mass, Ochazuke struggled to tilt his gaze upward; to look into the roaring eyes of Auroc, fighting against the voiceless echo that rend its icy fingers through his soul to maintain composure.

How...does he know...our names...?

His eyes widened briefly, under the duress of the small revelation his concentration thinned for a moment as he slumped forward.

Why did he know that name?
    The mere mention of Zxu'Ro to prod Ochazuke seems to be doing the trick of getting the martial artist occupied. And yet still, the name itself prods Zaofan, too. Was it telepathy? Did he have a past with Zxu'Ro? Is he omniscient? If he was all seeing, he could get an eye full.

With his head still towards the ground, parallel to the floor, and inspired by Etrina's resistance, Zaofan calculates in his head just how much he would have to tilt his eyes with his extremely limited peripheral vision now. Calculate, get the trajectory, angle the head just a liiiiitle bit, which was like moving against a black hole. One shot, now or never. Target: Etrina's ice floor. Everyone will be in a better position to question him without a pesky gravity spell or whatever it is on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Had this been the first time Ishtar had seen herself in the presence of a higher power, she would have perhaps cowed, and bent the knees that know held her up in subtle defiance ...

Yet this was not, and there was one at least the golden-eyed Oni knew who towered above this presence -- even if it was but a fragment of this Auroc's true might.

Genesis.

And in knowing that fear, a fear that pierced so deep it had altered her drive, and course if ever so slightly ?

This did not compare.

And so after a moment's consideration, Ishtar offered the Hermit God, a fanged smile.

"Initiate or no, she had your blessing, as to these 'anointed', however ... I shall do as you ask. Though having only encountered two of your ... chosen, there is little for one to draw on beyond the experience they offered."

Banter about Initiates and their failure however, was certainly not why Auroc had turned his eye however, so with a nod of further acknowledgement -- of the Hermit God's knowledge of both herself, and Ochazuke -- the glowing-horn Oni asked then,

"Now ... what is it that compels Auroc to turn his eyes toward those who are not chosen, hm ?"
    Taking advantage of Ishtar's questioning to keep Auroc distracted, Zaofan makes his move.

"Uhnn! RU-BY! TAI-YO-KEN!"

A bright pink solar flare generated by pure, spiritual ki -- the vitality force of any and every living being, powered by hope and emotion and care and concern for life -- shoots from his eyes, and right at Etrina's ice creation, refracting and amplifying it like a prism and causing beams and wide spreads of light to fill the room, covering every inch of the ground, splashing against the walls, reflecting off every surface no matter how opaque, filling the space with light, aiming to dissipate whatever dark magicks were at work, dousing everyone there in pure light.
    Last edited by Cyke; 10-09-2018 at 07:37 PM.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Ochazuke and Zaofan:

A sudden thought pierces your mind. A thin whisper of something.

No God may cow the human spirit. Do not bow before a false idol. Stand.

And you find an inner reserve to throw back the overwhelming presence on yourself.

Ishtar:

Much like Ochazuke, you too find it easier to stand now. Knowledge of who you are, of Genesis, allows you to stand firm.

Everyone else there:

The spiritual weight is too much, and the rest of you stagger to knees or fall to the ground face first.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Astonishing Member

Megan fell to the Plaza, her eye closes defensively.

Cyanna cries ou, "Sister! What happened?"as she rushes to her side.

Meagan waves her off, "I'm fine, just stunned. It's powerful, whatever they are facing is very dangerous." Cyanna then helps Meagan to her feet, "Felt like something Asha'rah would be familiar with."
    The Nevadians eyes narrowed as Meagan briefed Cyanna on what seemed to be transpiring.

"What now?" Held mumbled in annoyance, as goosebumps began to form on his forearms. "We haven't been back a half day, and somehow we're in the thick of it again?"

The witch....Anula? I thought she was dead.....Did they find out she survived? Why in the hell didn't they say anything?

"That wasn't Anula I felt. Whatever it was, nearly knocked me out from this distance. Its' way more powerful than she could ever have been. I don't know what it was, or..." and Meagan's fist grew tighter, "how to deal with it. But I can't just stay here and do nothing."

She was about to fill him in on the few particulars she was aware of when she noticed Meagan fall to the floor. "Hm?" As she headed that way to check things out, she heard the key words that got her blood pumping. "Powerful and dangerous? Where the hell is it? Is it still around?!" An excited grin appeared. "I hope so. I've been itching for a fight forever now!"
    "We've not even been back a day, your majesty." Held replied with a sigh, "Of course, I suppose I should expect nothing less."

Exhaling slightly, the Nevadian reached out, allowing himself to sense the location of his comrades. If nothing else, they were alive, if not particularly mobile.

"Then again, I have to say I'm curious myself to see what all the fuss is about.....I'd have have expected to sense higher energy outputs, or atleast fluctuating Ki if things are that serious....."

Ochazuke....Ishtar.....Sarada's Sister....Zaofan......Jeez, who isn't there?

"Although, I have to agree with Megan....I'm not sure running into the fray would help....I can't imagine that whatever giving them such trouble is something we just want to run into half cocked..."

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Zaofan, moreso than before, could sense unholy energies swirling about. Or at least, that could be his paranoia or self-doubt or even the hairs of his goosebumps sticking up. He hated so much to be the least experienced in the room. "Do you think it's a good idea to antagonize..."

"HHWWUUAAGH!" Like the others, Zaofan is forced against his will to his knees, completely unable to resist. Teeth gritted, body stiff. He tries, struggling mightily, to move his hand to Etrina, also down.

"Dash...! Ish-Ishtaarr...!" Even with his head down, he could see his friends also trying to resist as best they could. Ishtar and Ochazuke, in particular, had to be admired for their continued challenges.

"You... you tell 'em... Parsley!"

Even if he didn't have magic, at least being a hype man on the ground could work.

"ARGH!" Zaofan is brought closer to the floor. "Sooo... you're Auroc, huh?! --ugh--! Welcome to... Earth...! Have you --ack -- seen our beaches? The're -- nnnggnn-- lovely this time of -- year!

Resistance...! Yes, Etrina! Go! GO!

The mere mention of Zxu'Ro to prod Ochazuke seems to be doing the trick of getting the martial artist occupied. And yet still, the name itself prods Zaofan, too. Was it telepathy? Did he have a past with Zxu'Ro? Is he omniscient? If he was all seeing, he could get an eye full.

With his head still towards the ground, parallel to the floor, and inspired by Etrina's resistance, Zaofan calculates in his head just how much he would have to tilt his eyes with his extremely limited peripheral vision now. Calculate, get the trajectory, angle the head just a liiiiitle bit, which was like moving against a black hole. One shot, now or never. Everyone will be in a better position to question him without a pesky gravity spell or whatever it is on them.

Taking advantage of Ishtar's questioning to keep Auroc distracted, Zaofan makes his move.

"Uhnn! RU-BY! TAI-YO-KEN!"

A bright pink solar flare generated by pure, spiritual ki -- the vitality force of any and every living being, powered by hope and emotion and care and concern for life -- shoots from his eyes, and right at Etrina's ice creation, refracting and amplifying it like a prism and causing beams and wide spreads of light to fill the room, covering every inch of the ground, splashing against the walls, reflecting off every surface no matter how opaque, filling the space with light, aiming to dissipate whatever dark magicks were at work, dousing everyone there in pure light.
    Auroc gasps slightly, but then the light fades and he smiles though the eye is smaller now, the overall presence effect lighter.

“Valiant, other chosen of Zxu’ro. Impressive.”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
    "We've not even been back a day, your majesty." Held replied with a sigh, "Of course, I suppose I should expect nothing less."

Exhaling slightly, the Nevadian reached out, allowing himself to sense the location of his comrades. If nothing else, they were alive, if not particularly mobile.

"Of course, I have to say I'm curious myself to see what all the fuss is about....."

Ochazuke....Ishtar.....Sarada's Sister....Zaofan......Jeez, who isn't there?

"Although, I have to agree with Megan....I'm not sure running into the fray would help....I can't imagine that whatever giving them such trouble is something we just want to run into half cocked..."
    "That's the spirit," Sarada cheered before Held said something stupid. "Of course running into the fray will help. Don't you want to see how powerful this guy is? He made Meagan stagger all the way from...wherever Ishtar and the others are!"

It was getting to be too much for Sarada to bear. The excitement at seeing what the fuss was about, and possibly fighting someone powerful had her tail practically stiff as a board. Well, it would be if it wasn't wrapped tightly around her waist. "Well, I'm going. I'll be sure to save you some ass to kick!" With that, her aura flared and she rocketed into the air, flying at full speed toward where she sensed Ishtar and her sister.

You're not about to get all the excitement in one day, sister!
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Ochazuke and Zaofan:

And you find an inner reserve to throw back the overwhelming presence on yourself.

Ishtar:

Much like Ochazuke, you too find it easier to stand now. Knowledge of who you are, of Genesis, allows you to stand firm.

Everyone else there:

The spiritual weight is too much, and the rest of you stagger to knees or fall to the ground face first.
    Parsley couldn't take it. Her pride... why couldn't she stand? Why the hell could Ochazuke and Zaofan and Ishtar stand, but she could not? What made them so special, and why did Parsley not have it?

Damn it! I will not stand for this!
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Whatever Totoma's father did to him, it was bad enough to upset Tasure this much. And yet, despite that, she still wanted to go back to the way things were before. This was love. This was what she hoped she and Ishtar could have when they paired and started a family. To forgive and forget, despite even the worst of mistakes. Yeah, that was what she wanted.

Then, Totoma showed up. The lazy bastard had been napping all this time. From the feel of it, he had gotten stronger, too, after the fight with Jagam and their trip to the other universe. And yet, he could have been much stronger if he trained even a little.

His mother agreed when she laid down the law and told him exactly how things were going to go when Karine got there. To Namek they were to go, all the while they were going train with each other. What form that training took -- lucky bastard -- was up to them, but it was going to happen, or heads were getting cracked.

Sarada laughed. "Listen to your mother, Totoma. How are we supposed to be rivals if you keep Slaking off?"

Totoma chuckled sheepishly. Sarada was right, of course--he really needed to get off his ass and train at least a little. A trip to Namek--which meant a chance to train with Lobatus!--and then to find Aiden sounded like just the thing he needed. And... hehe, well, getting to spend some time with Karine after only talking to her through communicators would be nice. Very nice, indeed.

"Yeah, I'll do some pushups, situps, and drink plenty ju--" He was cut off as his mother thwacked him in the head. "...I mean, don't worry, I'll stop Slaking."

Tasure regarded her son with a cool expression. She figured he probably wouldn't train with the same fervor as a purebred, but... frankly, she felt that if he had that level of dedication to training, he'd end up leaving everyone in the dust. As interesting as that would be to see, one couldn't expect a halfbreed to be that dedicated. There was nothing wrong with that, but seeing his talent go to waste to this extent was... disheartening.

She was about to speak up when the others got agitated. Something about their compatriots being in danger? Hm, sounded interesting. Reaching out, she could feel a cluster of strong powers. "Heh, action already. Everyone, put your hands on me. I can get us there in an instant."
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

Auroc gasps slightly, but then the light fades and he smiles though the eye is smaller now, the overall presence effect lighter.

“Valiant, other chosen of Zxu’ro. Impressive.”
    Zaofan inhales a deep mouthful of air as he slowly, weakly, pulls himself up, leaning on Bojack for support.

"I got *pant* tricks... up my sleeve..."

Ochazuke and Zaofan:

Ishtar:

Everyone else there:

Another telepath? First Ishtar and now this? Why don't people use the comms anymo--

--wait. That voice... is it...?

Zaofan collects himself as he checks in on Etrina, still on the ground.

Could it be...?

With that realization, Zaofan kisses Etrina on the forehead, pats her reassuringly on the shoulder, and stands upright, and turns to Ochazuke and Ishtar.

Master.