Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Hello and welcome back to the X-Books!

1. Your last stint on the core X-Books brought Deathbird, pregnant with Vulcan's child, back into the mix. Are you planning to follow-up with her or the baby in this run?

2. On a project like this, where the theme is explicitly "back to basics", how do you judge which elements of the franchise should be considered classic enough to bring back to the forefront intact, which ones to update, and which ones perhaps haven't aged so well over the decades?

3. You're kicking off the relaunch of the whole line this time around, on top of dealing with some of the X-Men's best-known and most beloved characters. Do you feel that comes with increased pressure compared to your previous X-Books work, externally or otherwise?

Amazing Member

Mr. Guggenheim, great first issue, X-Men Gold will be on my pull list going forward! Now to my question, will Old Man Logan get a costume of his own? If so, will it be differentiated from the classic Wolverine costume since Laura currently holds the title AND costume?

Loved the first issue, my question is what made you go with the decision to create a new Pyro instead of resurrecting the classic old one?

Also, don't you think it's time for Sunfire to get a good proper run in a X-title?

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

CW's Arrow has a lot of visceral action in it, while still managing to maintain a lot of interpersonal drama, soul searching and exploration, do you plan on carrying over that pace and atmosphere to the X-Men? If so, what characters (on your roster and not) would you like to take down that more grounded path?
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Hi Mark!

Thanks for your commitment to the X-Men and work thus far. When I found out about the "back to basics" approach I was relieved, and then became excited when it turned out that you'd be writing after the work you'd done on X-tinction Agenda. There's so much story to unfold here, but aside from that: will we see an update to Logan's look? I can imagine that he won't go for something bright and probably doesn't want a costume at all, but it's weird seeing him in those signature old rags as if they were a costume.

Is the team set in stone? or will we see some additions along the way?

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    Loved X-Men Gold #1. Magma is one of my favorite characters. It's hard to believe she's now a villain. What made you decide to go this route with Amara?
    This. I would love to know why Magma has suddenly with the Brotherhood. I've always enjoyed her character and to me, she has always been a character with a lot of potential.

What's her motivation for doing joining the Brotherhood? Will we see more of Amara going forward in X-Men: Gold?

- An interview with Marvel.com said Mesmero is leading the Brotherhood. Last we knew about Mesmero, he was depowered. Is that still the case? If not, will it be explained how he got his powers back?

- Magma has a history of turning heel and antagonizing her friends (joining the first Hellions to be with Empath, joining the other Hellions during John Francis Moore's X-Force, and it's not the first time you've written her as a member of The Brotherhood), was this something you took inspiration from in having her join the Brotherhood again?

Magik. Where is she?

Which of the New/Young X-Men cameos should we look forward to most?

You say we're looking backwards to move forwards, so where does forwards end?

What can we expect from Rachel in this book? Will there be arcs focusing on her?

First of all wanted to say i really enjoyed the first issue of X-men gold and the interactions. I look forward to the next issue in two weeks. I don't generally ask questions on these but did have a few in particular.

-When it comes to storm and a lesser degree some of the other members on your team i have noticed many fans have their own interpretations of powers. I was wondering what is your interpretation of Storm's ability. How do you think it works? I've always been interested if a writer sees it as energy control or straight manipulation of the weather. We always hear feats but i'm more interested in what you think she does to make the phenomena she does?

-I was also wondering if Rachel is hiding her marks using telepathy or are they gone now? There has been several explanations for this since rachel has returned under claremont's pen and found out she was the only rachel in reality but i'm more interested in if you feel she is hiding them or if they a gone?

Thanks.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Greetings Marc and welcome back to the X-fold! Brilliant first issue.

1) With a new name, outfit, and seemingly mantra what X-citing things do you have in store for Rachel? Will you explore her abilities and power set more (as she is one of the strongest and most powerful psis on the planet) and introduce maybe some of that Askani training she created that's hiding in her memories? Will we see her "auntie" and cousin show up sometime in the future from your previous "X-Men" arc (or maybe even the baby-daddy)?
    2) Excalibur reunion at some point? Pretty please??
    3) Kurt has been through the ringer over the past few years and ,for many readers, has seemingly been a background or wallpaper character as of late. He's far more visbile in Gold #1 than previously. Do you have some things instore for our favorite fuzzy elf?
    4) What characters have you had the most fun writing? Any hints as to some exciting arcs/villians/guests to come?

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

For most of their history, the X-Men universe was built around the philosophical split between Xavier and Magneto. That torch was then passed to Wolverine and Cyclops, with mixed results. Since Logan and Scott died, no pair has stepped up to fill that void. In your opinion, does the X-universe still need two larger-than-life figures to embody an ideological fault line, and if so, do you have anyone in mind to take on that role?

No. I think you've got Kitty continuing the Xavier position, and then you have various factions of differing, more extreme viewpoints. We no longer need a bipolar world in terms of mutant ideological positions. My $.02.

I know that question wasn't directed at me, but just offering my opinion. Probably should be in another thread, though. Apologies...

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    No. I think you've got Kitty continuing the Xavier position, and then you have various factions of differing, more extreme viewpoints. We no longer need a bipolar world in terms of mutant ideological positions. My $.02.

I know that question wasn't directed at me, but just offering my opinion. Probably should be in another thread, though. Apologies...
    Personally I want the X-line to go back to acting like a dysfunctional family that interacts with each other and has shared stories or plots instead of one team vs another vs another. This Post-Schism nonsense should have ended years ago. It's tiresome and has ruined storytelling for this line in my view.