Page 91 of 93 FirstFirst ... 418187888990919293 LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,365 of 1395

EDIT: Nevermind.
    Last edited by HowitzerJoe; 09-01-2018 at 11:12 PM.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PapaShogun View Post
    To be fair, Gruden did help take Gannon's game to the next level. He finally broke out at the age of 34, and had four remarkable seasons. Including two first team All Pros and an MVP. I don't think Gruden was a fraud with the Raiders. He really did help turn that entire franchise around after it had been limping in the 1990's. But now, the game may have passed him by. He's been away for 15 years.

Gannon had started to excel in KC in relief of Grbac who was injured for 1997/1998 for 16 games in that span. In fact Gannon led KC into the playoffs and due to paying a big price as a free agent , Grbac was made the starter again. But in the 16 games in that span here was his numbers....

3,449 yards 17 TD's and 13 Ints. This was with a near the end of his career Andre Rison as the main WR . (Unlike the Hall of Fame WR's he had with Oakland)

But yeah KC fucked up letting Gannon go instead of Grbac. But they viewed the contract Grbac had and the belief they could turn him around. Comically Grbac had a great 2000 season , got an ego and pushed himself outta KC to go play for Baltimore in 2001 where he became a bigger free agent bust lol.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Gannon had started to excel in KC in relief of Grbac who was injured for 1997/1998 for 16 games in that span. In fact Gannon led KC into the playoffs and due to paying a big price as a free agent , Grbac was made the starter again. But in the 16 games in that span here was his numbers....

3,449 yards 17 TD's and 13 Ints. This was with a near the end of his career Andre Rison as the main WR . (Unlike the Hall of Fame WR's he had with Oakland)

But yeah KC fucked up letting Gannon go instead of Grbac. But they viewed the contract Grbac had and the belief they could turn him around. Comically Grbac had a great 2000 season , got an ego and pushed himself outta KC to go play for Baltimore in 2001 where he became a bigger free agent bust lol.
    Gannon was playing okay in KC, but he wasn't on a Pro Bowl/MVP level. That happened when Gruden got him. I don't think he magically gets there if he doesn't leave for Oakland.

Quote Originally Posted by PapaShogun View Post
    Gannon was playing okay in KC, but he wasn't on a Pro Bowl/MVP level. That happened when Gruden got him. I don't think he magically gets there if he doesn't leave for Oakland.
    He was flipping things on in KC. I mean this was with a rookie Tony Gonzalez who barely played in 1997 and shared time and like I said didn't have the offensive stars he had in Oakland. I mean there was a run where the Chiefs clearly didn't have the guys to make a playoff run and yet somehow Rich Gannon did it.

Gruden got lucky that Gannon was clicking ON at the right moment he got to the Raiders.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

The Raiders GM Reggie McKenzie is now playing damage control as the league and players are questioning the teams not paying Mack what he wanted , and never engaging in talks since Feb.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...-a-plan-at-all

"We will pay top dollar," McKenzie said, via NBC Sports Bay Area. "We couldn't get around giving Khalil what he wanted. We will pay top dollar to top players.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiders View Post
    My head is still spinning.
    Chucky might have just made the one of the worse trade ever in professional sports.
    Still not as a bad as the trade for Carson Palmer...
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    Still not as a bad as the trade for Carson Palmer...
    Hell Arizona will trade with Oakland every time. They fleeced them for Palmer for a 6th rounder, and he started there for 5 years. Then, in this year's draft, they trade up to Oakland's spot six picks up to get Josh Rosen, and only give up a third round pick to do so. It's baffling.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

someone get me tequila stat
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

One player who survived roster cuts was QB Paxton Lynch in Denver. Of course today the Broncos claimed Kevin Hogan off waivers and it calls into question if Lynch will survive this move now.

And Lynch didn't survive this move , he was cut today.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...k-paxton-lynch

Its a big blow for Elway who drafted Lynch with the belief he could develop him into a starting QB. But in 2 seasons Lynch never could become the starter and had threw for 792 yards 4 TDs and 4 Ints. He also took 18 sacks in 4 games and fumbled twice !

NFL News

- The Chargers have signed Antonio Gates (TE) to a 1 year deal. Gates was brought back due to an injury to a TE on the roster. This is likely Gates last season as he is 38 years old and will be in his 16th NFL season.

- NY Giants have waived 2017 , 3rd round pick Davis Webb (QB) . The Giants are kinda hoping Webb doesn't get claimed as they may put him on practice squad.

- Other notable cuts were : Houston released Braxton Miller (WR) who they tried converting from a QB last season to WR. Cardale Jones (QB) was cut by the Chargers after Geno Smith beat him out to back up Phillip Rivers. The NY Jets also cut Charcandrick West (RB) the former Chief.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    And Lynch didn't survive this move , he was cut today.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...k-paxton-lynch

Its a big blow for Elway who drafted Lynch with the belief he could develop him into a starting QB. But in 2 seasons Lynch never could become the starter and had threw for 792 yards 4 TDs and 4 Ints. He also took 18 sacks in 4 games and fumbled twice !
    He stunningly got worse each time he took the field. Its a blow but its a necessary one to take. It just wasn't happening. At least not in Denver. Maybe another club can salvage his career, but I doubt it. I don't think he has the mental acumen to be an NFL QB. I'm just glad Denver has Kubiak back in his new role as senior personnel advisor. You could already see the difference in this year's draft.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

BANNED

Chucky just claimed he was not in on the details of this trade

I don't think he said that. He said it wasn't his decision to make(more or less). They were coordinated as an organization rather than this being the fault of one guy.

BANNED

I’m not talking about the trade itself. I’m just talking about the details of the trade.