Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    Trying to bring this somewhat back on topic, the reason I argue against this time travel will doom people argument is that it's always used against Kitty as proof that she was ooc or being selfish with her choice of supporting and taking the 05 with Scott. Here's the thing. The situation changes in BOTA so do the facts.

When Kitty thought the 05 were indeed endangering the present, she was all for sending them back, but then what happened? A bunch of Future weirdos showed up to... do the exact same thing they were going to do. Naturally, she started to doubt sending them back was a right choice and she turned out to be correct, cause they were doing what the bad guys wanted. What Kitty (and Rachel) is guilty of is being the only X-Man to not be stupid enough to buy what some random stranger claiming to be an ally is selling.
    And then Wolverine finally buys a clue near the end and suddenly, "Wolverine was right!" I expected incoherence between the Bendis, Aaron and Wood issues, since editorial is asleep at the wheel, but Wood having Rachel utter that nonsense after being the one to have her convince Kitty something was off in the first place was somewhat of a surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by Omegastorm View Post
    Not just selfish but stupid. It's dumb to keep them here and your argument in trying to make them stay isn't strong. Doing what the bad guys wanted is actually the right thing to do. Can you or anyone that wants them here explain why it isn't?

o
    I don't want them here, and I don't think its right to keep them. But within the context of the information she had it was wrong to send them. For all she knew letting them send them could create some big evil in the future. There was way too little information and way too many "we can't reveal future stuff" lines to buy that they had everyone's best interest at heart. It would be just as stupid to send them back without knowing why the bad guys wanted it to happen to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Fringe Division View Post
    And then Wolverine finally buys a clue near the end and suddenly, "Wolverine was right!" I expected incoherence between the Bendis, Aaron and Wood issues, since editorial is asleep at the wheel, but Wood having Rachel utter that nonsense after being the one to have her convince Kitty something was off in the first place was somewhat of a surprise.
    That part really rub me the wrong way so much. It was a total f-you to Kitty from Rachel given the previous scene between them.

Top Class Breeding ;) Mr. Brightside's Avatar

it would be just as stupid to send them back without knowing why the bad guys wanted it to happen to begin with.
    ding ding ding!!!
    CANON: "Cyclops, the most important mutant in 616" - The scientific community of the 616

Quote Originally Posted by Fringe Division View Post
    Yes, Bendis wrote the Kitty that finally got fed up with a bunch of co-workers who never respected her opinion or authority, and a boyfriend who told her that he liked himself better when he was trying to murder her.
    How dare everyone for not putting Kitty at the forefront of their minds.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Of course they will be having scenes. Aftrr all weve seen a preview already and all mutants will be present to see xaviers will
    X-Men Forever

Quote Originally Posted by JackalsIII View Post
    The top one is from X-Men Manifest Destiny 4.

Bottom is from Uncanny X-Men 141.
    Oh yes, now I remember. There should be a thread dedicated to transcendent hugs in the X-books

The second panel is one of my favorites from the Kitty and Kurt family album.

Thank you Jackals!

I'm getting completely lost in this thread...are we fans suffering from schism trauma?
    Have we adopted the fractured civil dysfunction...it's amazing how our dialogues mirror the immediate...

chicken or the egg
    life or art?
    “The reason of the unreasonableness which against my reason is wrought, doth so weaken my reason, as with all reason I do justly complain on your beauty.”
    ― Miguel de Cervantes Don Quixote

Quote Originally Posted by sungila View Post

I'm getting completely lost in this thread...are we fans suffering from schism trauma?
    Yes. We just want good books again.
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

BANNED

I don't want them here, and I don't think its right to keep them. But within the context of the information she had it was wrong to send them. For all she knew letting them send them could create some big evil in the future. There was way too little information and way too many "we can't reveal future stuff" lines to buy that they had everyone's best interest at heart. It would be just as stupid to send them back without knowing why the bad guys wanted it to happen to begin with.
    This is actually the only reason to not send them back temporarily. I don't see how it would be dumb to send them back unless the bad buys could follow them but now it's just silly. Send them back there is no point in them staying.

o

This is actually the only reason to not send them back temporarily. I don't see how it would be dumb to send them back unless the bad buys could follow them but now it's just silly. Send them back there is no point in them staying.

o
    I think you're having a different argument. I meant within the context of the BOTA story. They can't send them back even if they want now so that point is moot.

BANNED

That was never stated either. There was a shake effect in the panels, but that could've just as easily indicated urgency. Nothing from the character's dialogue indicated that their surrounding was changing beyond Adult Scott blinking out for a second or so.

Nothing was stated concretely.
    I said "slowly" not immediate. The "shaking" effect adds to the changing. Characters in the X-men have died before without such an effect, your reaching with the "urgency" but the fact all that happen is the reasoning JGS wanted to send them back. The O5 being brought to the present has infact CONTRIBUTE to the breaking of the time stream. (shown in GoTG and various marvel books)

BANNED

And thus far what have we learned. That ver. of Hank and Jean both want to send themselves back.. no one knows why but something is given about their futures that isn't all that great for them.

Mind you yes we were treated to nuXavier manipulating them TP wise but prior to that we see them acting on their own will.

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Water View Post
    Yes. We just want good books again.
    Never loose hope Cold Water!

Kitty and Kurt have risen from the ashes of a decimated X-Men team before...
    185px-Excalibur_Team.jpg

Every writer employed by Marvel loves Excalibur (of course they do)...I'm sure Bendis loves Excalibur...I'm sure that'll influence his sentiments - I hope it does...the greatest thing about that team was how it defined itself away from any X-team we had ever experienced...Bendis is a talented guy and maybe he's aware how valuable Kurt and Kitty can be. I do regret that CC isn't allowed to use Kitty though...that'd be a really special gift to longtime fans...maybe it will come in time.
    “The reason of the unreasonableness which against my reason is wrought, doth so weaken my reason, as with all reason I do justly complain on your beauty.”
    ― Miguel de Cervantes Don Quixote

BANNED

I think you're having a different argument. I meant within the context of the BOTA story. They can't send them back even if they want now so that point is moot.
    They haven't tried with Magick so it's not moot yet. In the context of the story you have a point. That story is almost over now.

o

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Bendis isn't known for writing people in character, so you should be afraid, very afraid.

o
    I miss old Bendis... this one is a bit trollish for my tastes. :-/

As soon as everyone admits both sides have suffered from writer/editorial bias the better. Lets face it... both sides took turns looking like jackasses ever since Schism.
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 07-07-2014 at 06:08 PM.