Page 31 of 108 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334354181 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    And as a team, Batgirl and Robin (Dick) had its fans in the past.
    Not gonna lie this image looks like two parents fighter for the custody of their child which wasn't makes sense considering Barbara was older and closer to Bruce's age back then.
    The image actually makes a bit of sense based on the story in that issue.

The image actually makes a bit of sense based on the story in that issue.
    My earlier post was a typo I actually meant to say it makes sense.

Extraordinary Member

Batgirl movie has found its director which is good but so did the Nightwing movie.
    We need an actress by year end hopefully
    https://twitter.com/luiz_fernando_j/...322395649?s=21

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Batgirl movie has found its director which is good but so did the Nightwing movie.
    We need an actress by year end hopefully
    https://twitter.com/luiz_fernando_j/...322395649?s=21
    They had Whedon attached to it for a while before he left. So it feels like DC/WB has been trying to get a Batgirl movie project going for a while where the Nightwing one got a director/writer attached to it and then the project completely died. Where there was no movement or talk about it at all. So given how it feels like the Batgirl stuff has been circulating more I think it has a much higher chance to get made than the Nightwing one ever did.

Spectacular Member

As someone who has been disappointed that Barbara Gordon has been left out of over three decades of live-action Bat films, and was very excited when plans for a Batgirl movie were announced over four years ago, I actually now dread this.

With over a half century of history, there are certainly many valid interpretations of the character for Warner Brothers to draw inspiration from.
    I expect, however, that the movie Batgirl will somehow manage to bear absolutely no resemblance to any of them.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    So given how it feels like the Batgirl stuff has been circulating more I think it has a much higher chance to get made than the Nightwing one ever did.
    Oh, this movie is absolutely getting made. Here’s why-

‘The Flash’ is being made.
    For a long time it has been rumored that Flash reboots the DC film universe with an older Batman (Michael Keaton) mentoring Batgirl.
    Christina Hodson wrote ‘Flash’. Christina Hodson has written ‘Batgirl’.
    Batgirl will be introduced in Flash and have her standalone movie on HBOMax.

One of the reasons I have low expectations for the film is that Christina Hodson also wrote ‘Birds of Prey’. I truly hope that she has a wonderful vision for DC films, because she is the new architect. Fingers crossed. ‘Bumblebee’ was good.

Also- this is just a guess- Andy Muschietti is directing ‘The Flash’, and he directed ‘It’.
    I’m thinking maybe Sophia Lillis is Barbara Gordon.
    Last edited by atomicbattery; 05-19-2021 at 04:36 PM.

So happy to finally hear some new news about the Batgirl movie. I hope this is doing to he amazing, hopefully it's a great script, with great actors and I PRAY Batgirl is wearing a cowl. No Alicia Silverstone domino mask please, she needs her correct cowl.
    I also prefer it's not based on the Burnside comics, let's hope its based off of Gail Simones New52 run or year one Batgirl.

Quote Originally Posted by sorboares View Post
    So happy to finally hear some new news about the Batgirl movie. I hope this is doing to he amazing, hopefully it's a great script, with great actors and I PRAY Batgirl is wearing a cowl. No Alicia Silverstone domino mask please, she needs her correct cowl.
    I also prefer it's not based on the Burnside comics, let's hope its based off of Gail Simones New52 run or year one Batgirl.
    I thought Simone's New52 run was somewhat mediocre, but part of that may have been because they sadly kept The Killing Joke as part of her history.

Extraordinary Member

I thought Simone's New52 run was somewhat mediocre, but part of that may have been because they sadly kept The Killing Joke as part of her history.
    The New 52 kind of chose too much middle ground - it wanted to keep The Killing Joke, but not keep Bab’s maturity, seniority, or growing skill level with technology and even combat as Oracle when she out the cowl back on.

If you want her to be a lesser skilled and less intimidating Batgirl, don’t keep TKJ in her background as “proof” she’s not as dangerous as she could be. If you want to keep TKJ in her background, don’t make her less skilled and intimidating.

I always felt the worst example of how New 52 Batgirl related to TKJ was that cancelled comic cover of TKJ Joker threatening a clearly terrified and seemingly helpless Babsgirl. It felt a bit like someone trying to make a perfect encapsulation of how Babs had been “demoted” to Batgirl, when there was that famous Suicide Sqaud Oracle cover calling back to TKJ, but making Babs the intimidating one.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    The New 52 kind of chose too much middle ground - it wanted to keep The Killing Joke, but not keep Bab’s maturity, seniority, or growing skill level with technology and even combat as Oracle when she out the cowl back on.

If you want her to be a lesser skilled and less intimidating Batgirl, don’t keep TKJ in her background as “proof” she’s not as dangerous as she could be. If you want to keep TKJ in her background, don’t make her less skilled and intimidating.

I always felt the worst example of how New 52 Batgirl related to TKJ was that cancelled comic cover of TKJ Joker threatening a clearly terrified and seemingly helpless Babsgirl. It felt a bit like someone trying to make a perfect encapsulation of how Babs had been “demoted” to Batgirl, when there was that famous Suicide Sqaud Oracle cover calling back to TKJ, but making Babs the intimidating one.
    Well, with the New 52 you had the Simone take and the Burnside take.

The former was Simone trying, in my opinion, to depict a Babs back in the reins while still dealing with the trauma of what happened to her and being out of the game for so long while not directly addressing Oracle, while I'm sure in her mind Simone was still writing her with that Oracle experience or personality.

Burnside was going for a reinvention that moved away from all of that.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

The former was Simone trying, in my opinion, to depict a Babs back in the reins while still dealing with the trauma of what happened to her and being out of the game for so long while not directly addressing Oracle, while I'm sure in her mind Simone was still writing her with that Oracle experience or personality.

And I don’t think either take was wrong in concept... but in execution, a good way to turn me off Babs back in the suit would be to make me think that Steph could have taken her in a fight, *and* that she wasn’t nearly as badass an investigator anymore.

I still reflexively think of Burnside Babs as being a knock-off of BatSteph, partially because I always pictured Babs’s Batgirl phase as being a wise-beyond her-years post-college girl already, but Burnside would have benefitted immensely from not treating TKJ as a thing.

(The fact I’m also just not really a fan of TKJ doesn’t help; my reaction ever since I read both it and DITF was “One of these is an actual adventure story with tragedy being milked competently... the other is an ‘’artisté Joker monologue that's kind of useless-or-worse for someone reading for the heroes.”)
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Darwyn Cooke sketch.

BatgirlDarwinCooke.jpg

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

No. I remember Gail Simone has said her Barbara as Batgirl doesn't have the experience she has as Oracle.

It seems to me that Gail Simone think it wouldn't make sense for Barbara to return to Batgirl if she had all of her experience as Oraclr.

Part of the point of the New 52 was that DC’s characters in general didn’t have the experience they once had. The idea was that by being less experienced and op it would make them more accessible.

Extraordinary Member

That video they released today has me convinced she is a regular
    We’re gonna see her in most episodes