The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Yeah, as a larger warming, I've generally got no issue with gore and suchlike but there are some specifically really unpleasant bits of violence and torture that are quite unsettling in there.

It really escalates, like a lot. Definitely starts in fun if more gritty delinquent fist fights and goes to a bunch of places.

If you're not down for that, you're not gonna have a great time with it.
    Will pass. I mean, I can get past that kind of thing if it's a great story and that supports the story. But from the sound of it, it's not what I would consider a great story, not enough for me to push through that kind of thing.

Thanks for the heads up!
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    As another recommend, I will again name Frieren: Journey's End. A slow, casual walk through a world that is currently pulling itself back together after the classic defeat of the Demon Lord, this manga features a look into the life of the 'elf mage' archetype character who was in the 'hero's group' that defeated the Demon Lord. It's a bit of a different glimpse, though; Frieren, being stupidly long-lived, is experiencing losing (and has lost) her comrades due to age, and is watching the world becoming something that knows about her and her friends only as legends. There is no great antagonist to deal with, there is no huge struggle or war to be fought; instead, it's a whimsical, nostalgic, sometimes gloomy, sometimes amusing wander through this world with Frieren and her chosen companions, all pulled together by some pretty gorgeous art.

Eighty-seven chapters so far that I have found.
    Read the first five chapters of this. I like the vibe of it a lot, chill if melancholic.

I did love the chapter of "powerful demon sorcerer is going to be unsealed after 80 years, famed of his killing magic," where the resolution is that in the 80 years since his sealing, his magic has been well studied and encorporated into just basic mage training now so he's nowhere as dangerous as he once was.

A fun look at how time waits for none of us.

Read the first five chapters of this. I like the vibe of it a lot, chill if melancholic.
    Yeah, that's the feel. Nostalgic, melancholic...very casual. There's humor, but it's understated. Everything feels...quiet about it.

I did love the chapter of "powerful demon sorcerer is going to be unsealed after 80 years, famed of his killing magic," where the resolution is that in the 80 years since his sealing, his magic has been well studied and encorporated into just basic mage training now so he's nowhere as dangerous as he once was.

A fun look at how time waits for none of us.
    I'd forgotten that one. ^_^ Yeah, there's some fun stuff for sure.

Now I'm going to read the whole thing again.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Just reread the scene with the search for desserts. ^_^
    Why are we here?

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    So… I watched Moon Knight.
    Stopped watching the MCU after Endgame, but I occasionally glance at what they're up to. I saw the Moon Knight trailer, and scoffed at the spoilers:
    gooberness of the main character and the cheeseball Disney humor
    end of spoilers, but was told I was dumb for not liking comedy. I'm sure there's some upsides to it, but I wasn't going to watch it anyway, so no skin off my nose. :V

...in other news, after months of physio and exercising, of going different directions with treatment often leading to dead ends, I woke up this morning free of pain in my back for the first time in about two years.

It's not fixed, there will likely always be damage, but I'm feeling positive about it. That's a change.
    Hey, congrats on the improvement! : )

Oh Beadle, Disney won't let that happen with any property because it all has to fall within the same contained universe and broad tone. There can be no big variation or powerfully different tones because that would make something feel outside the established brands.
    If it doesn't fit nice and neatly into this here box, break it until it does! :B

As another recommend, I will again name Frieren: Journey's End. A slow, casual walk through a world that is currently pulling itself back together after the classic defeat of the Demon Lord, this manga features a look into the life of the 'elf mage' archetype character who was in the 'hero's group' that defeated the Demon Lord. It's a bit of a different glimpse, though; Frieren, being stupidly long-lived, is experiencing losing (and has lost) her comrades due to age, and is watching the world becoming something that knows about her and her friends only as legends. There is no great antagonist to deal with, there is no huge struggle or war to be fought; instead, it's a whimsical, nostalgic, sometimes gloomy, sometimes amusing wander through this world with Frieren and her chosen companions, all pulled together by some pretty gorgeous art.

Eighty-seven chapters so far that I have found.
    Ah, man, Frieren is one of my favorite manga. It's a pleasant tale, with a sentimental vibe that hits just right.

Extraordinary Member

No one ever respects the chore wheel.

Last edited by Dark Soul # 7; 03-31-2022 at 12:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    No one ever respect the chore wheel.

It's odd that Frieza was actually the "innocent" party in this episode.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

“The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

...in other news, after months of physio and exercising, of going different directions with treatment often leading to dead ends, I woke up this morning free of pain in my back for the first time in about two years.

It's not fixed, there will likely always be damage, but I'm feeling positive about it. That's a change.
    That's amazing news! As someone with three herniated discs in my neck and three in the lumbar area, I can tell you that every day waking without excruciating pain is a win. That's the main reason I exercise every day. Bonus: I'm 50 and can hold a front lever for 5 seconds, so evidently it's a good thing.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    That's amazing news! As someone with three herniated discs in my neck and three in the lumbar area, I can tell you that every day waking without excruciating pain is a win. That's the main reason I exercise every day. Bonus: I'm 50 and can hold a front lever for 5 seconds, so evidently it's a good thing.
    Ugh, yeah, that's a laundry list of problems. I'm sorry, man.

Yeah, I'm at two days in a row with the back being 'better than in a couple of years', so...happiness? Maybe not a fluke? I've been exercising in different ways for years and years; guess it wasn't the correct stuff for this problem, and we've finally hit on it through trial and error. ^_^
    Why are we here?

Extraordinary Member

Watching Demon Slayer now that it's on European Crunchyroll and I've realised something.

Tengen is totally using a sword-chuck like Fighter from 8-bit theatre always wanted to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    I missed this - I hate these kids.

^_^
    Why are we here?

Pain can be specific and explainable, or it can be mysterious and random.

I created a little monster when I introduced my husband to Anime. Every so often he tries to get me to watch it so that we can watch it together. And every time I find myself too busy or too tired.

He's right though.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

I missed this - I hate these kids.

^_^
    Lol I'm just looking at it and being like "hmm, 40 isnt *that* far away at this point..."
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie