Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Astonishing Member

Looks like Peter and Mindworm had a kid.

It’s not as bad as that, but I haven’t seen anyone mention Steve Skroce yet. He penciled a couple dozen issues of ASM in 96-97 (before he got lazy and was let go by Marvel). Going from Bagley (my favorite artist in his prime) to Skroce was a huge downgrade. His Spidey was interesting in a gangly kinda way, but his Peter Parker was fuuuugly. Actually all his human faces were awful.

Spectacular Member

whether this is true but not right, he has made my imagination go astray because of this peter parker face. peter parker should be handsome. I can not let this face lead me to the wrong path hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    I did read the first Symbiote, is fun in a sort of nostalgic way (it feels very 80s Spider-Man) but you are not losing much.
    Well, I don't particularly care that much about nostalgia, and if the story is more about the nostalgia, then whatever lol.

Thinking of it, kinda funny that Spencer's ASM had the annual telling a story about the time Spidey had the symbiote, then months later we got Symbiote Spider-Man, think they were testing to see if fans were interested before making it.

Don't know about the rest of that, but apparently Peter did magic at some point, the sequel sounds like an acid trip.
    The hell kind of story you're gonna tell that needs a "Back then, in the 5 minutes Spidey had the symbiote, he did magic"? Lol.

Symbiotes and acid trips reminds me of Spider-Girl, there was Mayday's symbiote clone, April, something about Peter's mindscape where aunt May helps him out, and I think Norman calling himself "Goblin God" while using April like the usual symbiote suit.

Honestly what an acid trip lol.

There was also Anya doing a body switch on Mayday, kinda funny to look at that in hindsight with Superior existing and all .

Quote Originally Posted by Dzika_Sowa View Post
    It might be nostalgia, but I really like Ramos. Yeah, his style is weird, but I've enjoyed it quite a lot.

Never liked Quesada drawings. His Peter always felt out of place.
    Ramos seems pretty hit and miss, like, sometimes it works, other times it's a "Why does everyone have squirrel teeth?" situation, kinda...

Anyways, that Peter in the OP, with a forehead that size, wouldn't be surprised if that was Leader disguised as Spidey .

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Well, I don't particularly care that much about nostalgia, and if the story is more about the nostalgia, then whatever lol.

Thinking of it, kinda funny that Spencer's ASM had the annual telling a story about the time Spidey had the symbiote, then months later we got Symbiote Spider-Man, think they were testing to see if fans were interested before making it.

The hell kind of story you're gonna tell that needs a "Back then, in the 5 minutes Spidey had the symbiote, he did magic"? Lol.

Symbiotes and acid trips reminds me of Spider-Girl, there was Mayday's symbiote clone, April, something about Peter's mindscape where aunt May helps him out, and I think Norman calling himself "Goblin God" while using April like the usual symbiote suit.

Honestly what an acid trip lol.

There was also Anya doing a body switch on Mayday, kinda funny to look at that in hindsight with Superior existing and all .

Ramos seems pretty hit and miss, like, sometimes it works, other times it's a "Why does everyone have squirrel teeth?" situation, kinda...

Anyways, that Peter in the OP, with a forehead that size, wouldn't be surprised if that was Leader disguised as Spidey .
    Well, it does have some nice moments like Felicia meeting Aunt May for the first time, wich i'm not sure when it actually happened before that i don't remember May and Felicia interacting much, the nostalgia is more for the status quo Peter dropping grad school and May being mad with him, the symbiote and a New York with the Twin Towers intact.

Also i could swear that the annual story was written by Saladin Ahmed instead of Spencer, but i might be wrong, also i wonder if Far From Home being close to release also had something to do with Mysterio being the bad guy.

I don't know, but i remember seeing an image of Spider-Man doing some Strange style of magic and next thing i know is that there are 3 more Spider-Men (insert Kage Bunshin, Tien multiplication joke here).

Also i need to finish my Spider-Girl run, i only know that story for fame, was that also the story when Norman tried to posses Peter body and Benjy showed that he had organic wev shooters?.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Well, it does have some nice moments like Felicia meeting Aunt May for the first time, wich i'm not sure when it actually happened before that i don't remember May and Felicia interacting much,
    They actually met a bit after Peter was done dealing with Secret Wars:

https://i.imgur.com/CshyWzi.png

https://i.imgur.com/qbBVZju.png

(Spectacular#80)

Although aunt May isn't aware they were dating, and considering that Felicia essentially has no civilian life, not surprising Peter would avoid introducing them, specially considering how disgusted Felicia was with his civilian life.

Aunt May at least met her while knowing her past with Peter and who she in in Sensational#34 vol 2:

https://i.imgur.com/opgzuxD.png

https://i.imgur.com/w7ssecd.png

Unsurprisingly, aunt May didn't approve of her lol.

the nostalgia is more for the status quo Peter dropping grad school and May being mad with him, the symbiote and a New York with the Twin Towers intact.
    The ****, Marvel was allowed to put the Twin Towers in there? I'd think that US of A would still consider it to be "too soon".

Also i could swear that the annual story was written by Saladin Ahmed instead of Spencer, but i might be wrong, also i wonder if Far From Home being close to release also had something to do with Mysterio being the bad guy.
    It was by Ahmed, I mentioned it being published during Spencer's ASM to kinda clear up when it was published lol.

I don't know, but i remember seeing an image of Spider-Man doing some Strange style of magic and next thing i know is that there are 3 more Spider-Men (insert Kage Bunshin, Tien multiplication joke here).
    I'm sure Spidey would hate that jutsu .

Also i need to finish my Spider-Girl run, i only know that story for fame, was that also the story when Norman tried to posses Peter body and Benjy showed that he had organic wev shooters?.
    Yes, had forgotten those details... Knew that what I wrote before wasn't acid trippy enough, something must've been missing lol.

Also, Black Tarantula had Omega Beams, because of course he did:

https://i.imgur.com/3J8Zv3i.jpg

(Amazing Spider-Girl#27)

They actually met a bit after Peter was done dealing with Secret Wars:

https://i.imgur.com/CshyWzi.png

https://i.imgur.com/qbBVZju.png

(Spectacular#80)

Although aunt May isn't aware they were dating, and considering that Felicia essentially has no civilian life, not surprising Peter would avoid introducing them, specially considering how disgusted Felicia was with his civilian life.

Aunt May at least met her while knowing her past with Peter and who she in in Sensational#34 vol 2:

https://i.imgur.com/opgzuxD.png

https://i.imgur.com/w7ssecd.png

Unsurprisingly, aunt May didn't approve of her lol.

The ****, Marvel was allowed to put the Twin Towers in there? I'd think that US of A would still consider it to be "too soon".

It was by Ahmed, I mentioned it being published during Spencer's ASM to kinda clear up when it was published lol.

I'm sure Spidey would hate that jutsu .

Yes, had forgotten those details... Knew that what I wrote before wasn't acid trippy enough, something must've been missing lol.

Also, Black Tarantula had Omega Beams, because of course he did:

https://i.imgur.com/3J8Zv3i.jpg

(Amazing Spider-Girl#27)
    Damn, i had forgotten that. Well at least in Symbiote she meets her in civilian identity and Felicia was kind of uncomfortable about, especially because Peter left her alone with her in Uncle Ben's grave (Peter was visiting and Felicia decided to go with him in civies), still no surprise that May didn't aprove of her.

"Why clones haunt me?"-Spider-Man, probably.

Wait, are you telling me that Tarantulas don't actually shoot Omega Beams....if you excuse me i need to process this

Damn, i had forgotten that. Well at least in Symbiote she meets her in civilian identity and Felicia was kind of uncomfortable about, especially because Peter left her alone with her in Uncle Ben's grave (Peter was visiting and Felicia decided to go with him in civies), still no surprise that May didn't aprove of her.
    Wait, does aunt May even know she's talking with Peter's girlfriend then?

Wait, are you telling me that Tarantulas don't actually shoot Omega Beams....if you excuse me i need to process this
    Hey man, remember, back in The Other, when Spidey was wondering why in the **** hell he has stingers when spiders don't have 'em, Eros said that eventually spiders will evolve to have 'em, so Black Tarantula could be the same case, they'll evolve and get Omega Beams, probably replace spider-sense with that .

Hey man, remember, back in The Other, when Spidey was wondering why in the **** hell he has stingers when spiders don't have 'em, Eros said that eventually spiders will evolve to have 'em, so Black Tarantula could be the same case, they'll evolve and get Omega Beams, probably replace spider-sense with that .
    Yeah she knew, i think that May guessed that she was for being with him there or because Peter talked about her before without giving her much detail, they did get along and Felicia did try to make Peter talk to her again, wich Peter didn't take well.

Evolution is weird in fiction, then again considering thw world that live, maybe Omega Beams are the only path to salvation for Tarantulas

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

I checked to make sure, she guessed that she was his girlfriend/lover after seeing her in Ben's grave complaing about Peter ditching her.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Yeah she knew, i think that May guessed that she was for being with him there or because Peter talked about her before without giving her much detail, they did get along and Felicia did try to make Peter talk to her again, wich Peter didn't take well.
    I checked to make sure, she guessed that she was his girlfriend/lover after seeing her in Ben's grave complaing about Peter ditching her.
    Sounds like a decent scene, but I'm not willing to put up with Greg Land's art to see it.

Evolution is weird in fiction, then again considering thw world that live, maybe Omega Beams are the only path to salvation for Tarantulas
    Evolution can be weird in real life too, just look at any Australian animal .

But yeah, weirder in fiction, specially in Marvel, 'cause no matter what, evolution doesn't lead to something as random as X-gene, which can give someone the power to summon punches from the punch dimension with his eyes, so yeah, tarantulas getting Omega Beams ain't that far fetched in a world like this .

Sounds like a decent scene, but I'm not willing to put up with Greg Land's art to see it.

Evolution can be weird in real life too, just look at any Australian animal .

But yeah, weirder in fiction, specially in Marvel, 'cause no matter what, evolution doesn't lead to something as random as X-gene, which can give someone the power to summon punches from the punch dimension with his eyes, so yeah, tarantulas getting Omega Beams ain't that far fetched in a world like this .
    That's fair, i tried to not look to the art more than necessary when i read the first time, the second time thought... well less said that is Land seal of quality.

Mother nature saw the MU and said "s@#$ i need to level up here" and so the x-gene was born

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

That's fair, i tried to not look to the art more than necessary when i read the first time, the second time thought... well less said that is Land seal of quality.

Mother nature saw the MU and said "s@#$ i need to level up here" and so the x-gene was born
    Technically, the X-gene, along with the Marvel Universe's humankind's overall superhuman potential, was the result of the Celestials tampering with early human evolution for their own experimental purposes --- or maybe it just spawned from that sick Celestial who crash-landed on Earth and made a mess of itself on the surface before dying, if you go by Jason Aaron's take in Avengers. Pretty nihilistic take on how life on Earth began, if I say so myself.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Mother Nature also half assed with the X-gene, since it's essentially RNG if someone will get a decent power, much less a good one, and if someone is really unlucky they'll get a power that is worse than being a normal human .

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Technically, the X-gene, along with the Marvel Universe's humankind's overall superhuman potential, was the result of the Celestials tampering with early human evolution for their own experimental purposes --- or maybe it just spawned from that sick Celestial who crash-landed on Earth and made a mess of itself on the surface before dying, if you go by Jason Aaron's take in Avengers. Pretty nihilistic take on how life on Earth began, if I say so myself.
    Is that even canon anymore though? At least I don't remember Hickman's X-Men talking about that (Though I'm not sure if HoX/PoX mentioned the origin of mutants), and this sounds like the kind of story that fans may not accept so it's quietly ignored.