Page 161 of 209 FirstFirst ... 61111151157158159160161162163164165171 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,415 of 3131

Titans have never beat the BB TB12 Pats.

Mariota is on fire. Titans are pissed. Nobody expects them to win.

No is the time for them to strike.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Now is the time for them to strike.
    Sure, but that could have been said about a lot of teams the Pats vanquished in the playoffs.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Titans have never beat the BB TB12 Pats.

Mariota is on fire. Titans are pissed. Nobody expects them to win.

No is the time for them to strike.
    I mean sure on any given Sunday a team can win. It can happen. But Brady was angered by ESPN. God have mercy on his wraith on the article claiming his skills are slipping.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Ok predictions this week are:

AFC
    Titans 20, Patriots 19 - Heck why not follow your dream?
    Steelers 40, Jaguars 17 - Bortles botches big

NFC
    Falcons 35, Eagles 20 - Next year, Philly
    Vikings 33, Saints 27 - Going to be a really good game to watch
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post

AFC
    Gronk is why. Steelers couldn't stop him (so far), Titans won't either.

(And even if you stop him, Brady is probably hitting others because of all you're expending to shutdown Gronk)
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 01-10-2018 at 01:13 PM.

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

I really do think that this is the beginning of an extended series of playoff runs for the Eagles the next 4-5 years.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

I really do think that this is the beginning of an extended series of playoff runs for the Eagles the next 4-5 years.
    Perhaps, but I once thought that about the Colts with Luck.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post

AFC
    An interesting thing I heard proposed by my local New England sports radio guys - WEEI for those who care - was that the Patriots force other teams to play perfect and then those teams don't and make a mistake. They used the example of the Patriots - Steelers game where the Steelers were hanging their and doing well. Then Big Ben at the end tried to make a quick pass to his TE that was intercepted because there seemed to be some confusion on the play - a play the Steelers had run before at some time but with Antonio Brown and were successful.

Pretty sure I heard the Patriots defense had given up the fewest points in the NFL over the last five regular season games.

There's always the chance the Titans upset the Pats but then I believe the Pats have some ridiculous winning percentage at home. All of that is a lot to over come. I think the Pats win big over the Titans. Not sure when the game will be in hand but I think the Patriots will win by 2 TDs or more. Of course, I'll look like a fool if the Titans win after this prediction.

Fantastic Member

I could see it if the team has a bunch of good young players with team friendly contracts like the Seattle Seahawks did for a while. I don't know if the Eagles have that though. And once some of those Seahawk contracts had to be renewed they came at a healthy increase and then the injuries piles up. The Seahawks run was shorter than I expected.

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Perhaps, but I once thought that about the Colts with Luck.
    Wentz has nothing to do with my reasoning.

Vaitai is an amazing guard for the QB, the WR corps trio of Burton, Celek & Hollins, and then you got Ertz and Jeffery. Their RB platoon is looking pretty good, too.

And then you have the defense with depth. It is only behind the Jags and they are great at takeways.

Their management has made it fun and professional.

Wentz was just a bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by DungeonmasterJim View Post
    I could see it if the team has a bunch of good young players with team friendly contracts like the Seattle Seahawks did for a while. I don't know if the Eagles have that though. And once some of those Seahawk contracts had to be renewed they came at a healthy increase and then the injuries piles up. The Seahawks run was shorter than I expected.
    6 straight playoff runs is not short. That's long in the current setup. Plus 8 or 9 winning seasons, too right? The current system is designed to handicap at 3 years.

Eagles have house money their playing with this year. They can make so e deep runs over the next several years and longer with good management.

Quote Originally Posted by DungeonmasterJim View Post
    I think the Pats win big over the Titans. Not sure when the game will be in hand but I think the Patriots will win by 2 TDs or more. Of course, I'll look like a fool if the Titans win after this prediction.
    It's always any given Sunday, so you wouldn't look too foolish, but I struggle with fans thinking the Titans, of all teams, are in a good place to upset the Pats. I really don't see it. They didn't wow against the Chiefs, everyone has blamed the Chiefs. I've seen lower seed teams that have indicated they may be better than their record and rank, but the Titans are not one of them.

They aren't no 6th seed Giants or Packers (that won the SB). I knew the 6th seed 2010 Packers would beat the 13-3 Falcons in the Div round, just watching the games you could see how good and tough those Packers were.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 01-11-2018 at 08:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I read this morning that the Eagles are a 2.5 underdog....AT HOME.
    Shyt. Now it's up to 3... Eagles gone be alright going forward but I think the ride may stop this weekend. IDK, Falcons did put it on the Rams 21/30 for 200+ yards out of Ryan against that defense was something. I'm riding with Philly but Foles has to be better than what Foles has ever been just to make this worthwhile and I'm not so confident in him like that BUT there is a weather factor that I think could keep Philly in it. I went 50% Wildcard weekend so I'll keep that high standard up.

ATL 34 Philly 35
    Vikings 24 Aint's 30

Stillers 24 Jags 10
    Tacks 10 Pats 21

Seattle is clearing house up there in the Northwest. Darrell Bevell and Tom Cable released... other thing is how Tom Cable has continued employment this long after the shit he's been involved in.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    Shyt. Now it's up to 3... Eagles gone be alright going forward but I think the ride may stop this weekend. IDK, Falcons did put it on the Rams 21/30 for 200+ yards out of Ryan against that defense was something. I'm riding with Philly but Foles has to be better than what Foles has ever been just to make this worthwhile and I'm not so confident in him like that BUT there is a weather factor that I think could keep Philly in it. I went 50% Wildcard weekend so I'll keep that high standard up.
    The latest forecast I heard this morning is calling for temps around 40 at kickoff and going south during the game. Not exactly conditions ripe for the second coming of the Ice Bowl, but a day's worth of rain on Friday and into Saturday morning might, and I'm saying, might make the turf a tad dicey. As for the point spread, everyone knows a home team is usually good for three points right off the top, the six point swing the other way can directly be attributed to Nick Foles and his less than stellar three game performance since taking over for the injured Carson Wentz. Stevie Wonder could see Foles is the albatross that could doom the Birds if plays on Saturday like he had the last three weeks, that said, the defense will have to step it up big time to keep Matty Ice and his offense off the field while the Birds will have to place an emphasis on short drops in the pocket and a dedicated running attack to minimize any errors Foles might make.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Here's the 2018 slate of NFL games to be played in London:

Oakland-Seattle
    Tennessee-Los Angeles Chargers
    Philadelphia-Jacksonville
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Fantastic Member

6 straight playoff runs is not short. That's long in the current setup. Plus 8 or 9 winning seasons, too right? The current system is designed to handicap at 3 years.

Eagles have house money their playing with this year. They can make so e deep runs over the next several years and longer with good management.
    I had it in my head their play-off run was only 3 years with the 2 SB appearances. 6 years is a long run.

I'm not surprised any team is an underdog when their star QB goes down for a long stretch. I just look at Arizona and how they had a revolving door of QBs when Palmer couldn't stay healthy and how poorly their offense performed. Not quite the same situation with Foles in Philly as he had that great year but he didn't sustain those stats for long otherwise he would've been the starter all along.