View Poll Results: What should WB do about Ezra Miller?

Voters
91. You may not vote on this poll
  • Reboot the universe and junk the DCEU

29 31.87%
  • Quietly recast

41 45.05%
  • Replace Barry with Wally/someone else

29 31.87%
  • Other

6 6.59%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 29 of 63 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    I'm still looking forward to it and I honestly was a fan of Miller, but it'll definitely feel creepy watching them after this. At the same time, I still love Seven and LA Confidential despite how gross of a person Kevin Spacey is in real life. I also feel bad for Sasha Calle who seemed so sweet and excited to be cast. This is her big break and it's getting messed up because the star is a lunatic.

I think WB basically has no choice but to admit there's a problem, but are going to release the movie anyway to celebrate the hard work of all the other people that made it and that Ezra won't be the Flash in the future. It sucks, but there's no good option here. I like the idea of reshooting the ending where Barry comes back to the new timeline, removes his mask and its a new actor. It's a nice show of good faith on WBs part.
    Yeah, the Nth Doctor trope - the Speed Force basically regenerating him like Doctor Who!

It's either that or kill him off and bring in Wally.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Thankfully, no one remembers Allison Mack voiced Power Girl once...
    Huh, didn't know that, I thought she was only Chloe in Smallville.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    The cops aren’t trying to hard to find him honestly, they know who he’s traveling with, what areas he’s been seen in. WB has contractual obligations to release the film better to make some money rather then none, just reshoot the ending warping his appearance into a new actor.
    I still think, even after all this, there's still literally no reason to do that - and it'd be such a cringe scene to watch if they did. Just release the film as is, no trying to be cute about it, and after the movie's done whatever it is going to do at the box office, then recast Flash for a future movie, and never bother trying to explain it on film. We really don't need an in universe explanation for a simple recast.

Astonishing Member

I’d say make the necessary payments to Keaton/Calle etc and just release it on HBOMax. Just get rid of it

Recast (preferably) or just replace Barry with Jay/Wally/Bart/Avery/Jesse/Whoever

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I still think, even after all this, there's still literally no reason to do that - and it'd be such a cringe scene to watch if they did. Just release the film as is, no trying to be cute about it, and after the movie's done whatever it is going to do at the box office, then recast Flash for a future movie, and never bother trying to explain it on film. We really don't need an in universe explanation for a simple recast.
    Remember the old VCR days where you could just bury a movie by releasing it straight to video for rentals through Blockbuster Video?

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Remember the old VCR days where you could just bury a movie by releasing it straight to video for rentals through Blockbuster Video?
    I do, although I'm not sure what the point is...?

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I do, although I'm not sure what the point is...?
    There would be less exposure of a straight-to-video move as opposed to adding it to a streaming service instead of doing a theater release.

Also, back in the day before the rise of social media, there would have been less discussion of taking away a theatrical release.

Extraordinary Member

BREAKING WB & DC Comics Pull Ezra Miller Flash Release Cover after Controversy

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

I was already on the fence about this movie. All this crap has now completely killed ANY excitement I had.
    This will be the old 'Direct to home video' I reckon.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Those dtv films didn't cost millions and change events in the films after. This one does. Plus don't forget the "every dc movie goes to theatres other then the animated films" rule is in effect now.

WB wants this in theatres. But it's a huge mess right now.

Also sites like msn, ign and now forbes have the story and ign japan posted it also so it's hitting overseas sites.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/paultas...h=40ef76f754d3

https://jp.ign.com/video/60524/will-...-entertainment

Ultimate Member

In instances like this, I really wish we separated the actor and the character

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    In light of everything else? Very unlikely.
    Come on, we've all taken bad pictures before. We see this all the time with media where black victims of gun or police violence are highlighted flashing toy guns or "gang symbols" when they could have selected a hundred other photographs of them graduating, smiling or hanging out with family. Pictures are incredibly misleading without the proper context provided.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Is that the reason why you won't rewatch it? Or did you just not enjoy it?
    I try to avoid things that have problematic leads. That having been said, I bought the complete Smallville series a while back and still haven't made my way all the way through it and not sure I ever will now. So many people keep getting busted doing horrible things that I feel like I have to lower my standards anymore just to enjoy things.
    Assassinate Putin!

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    Come on, we've all taken bad pictures before. We see this all the time with media where black victims of gun or police violence are highlighted flashing toy guns or "gang symbols" when they could have selected a hundred other photographs of them graduating, smiling or hanging out with family. Pictures are incredibly misleading without the proper context provided.
    In light of all of Miller's other antics, the photos of them having a gun along with other accounts that they had them, the allegations that Tokata had to go to detox, the allegations of Miller wanting to be alone with another underage kid, the similarities to the R. Kelly situation, and Miller unable to be found (innocent people tend to not go into hiding like this)?

"We've all taken bad pictures" sounds hilariously naïve.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

At this point WB has two options: 1-HBO Max it. Quietly put it on streaming and start over. 2-release it to no publicity and just let it do what it's going to do...die quickly. WB has a habit of throwing it's money behind problematic actors of late. So I would expect and it seems that they are going with the latter and just let it have whatever life it's going to have. Warner bros (and hopefully Discovery has realized this) needs to figure out what has made it's characters so popular over the decades and make that work for them now.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    In instances like this, I really wish we separated the actor and the character
    You actually can however it's the studio that makes the final choice.

See Black Panther-Boseman was NOT even barely announced DEAD-T'Challa was DONE and it's all about Wakanda. Something they were saying BEFORE the first movie came out.
    So now we got Marvel's first flop on the way.

Cyborg is getting buried despite Teen Titans Go and Doom Patrol showcasing him.

There is too much money in this for direct to dvd or blu ray or stream.

You do that and how many more shows and other projects have to get AXED to eat up that cost???

What else has to get sold?

How soon does that cost cutting hit DC Comics? We got 38 Batman centric books now-do we really need 50 at the expense of Hal, Aquaman and others?