Page 685 of 744 FirstFirst ... 185585635675681682683684685686687688689695735 ... LastLast
Results 10,261 to 10,275 of 11160

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium Weave View Post
    If this video is correct, I fear for the future of T'Challa & Wakanda in the MCU......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPWiCG6Piac

Can BP fans have nice things?

If this video is right, it looks like Marvel Studios realized that they underutilized BP in Avengers 3 & 4, so they will make up for it by adding to his squeal .
    This is the same rumor we discussed last week. Somehow, despite the fact that Coogler hasn't even said that he's finished the script, some random guy on Twitter knows the details. At best, it's shotgun speculation: Throwing out as many guesses based on the comics they can to increase their profile.

"This guy knows somebody! He reported the inside scoop?"

Ever notice they never report the WRONG guesses?

At worst, tho, this is wish-fulfillment masquerading as journalism. They want to see Namor/Doom/Storm/Goon Slam Gary/whomever, so they invent inside knowledge to promote their pet headcanon.

Unless I hear it from Coogler, Feige, or Boseman, (or see it in a trailer) I'm going to take ALL these rumors with a metric ton of salt. I strongly suggest you do the same.

Incredible Member Vibranium Weave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Once again, go back to the last big comic con announcements and how many the rumor sites and "insiders" figured out? how many of them figured out Blade was coming? How many figured out Thor 4 was coming? and ect. The only thing rumor sites got right was stuff already deep in the pipeline.

Here is how internet rumor crap like this works:

- someone makes up a rumor, adds made up comic book details to add credibility

most of these are ignored. but they are constant.

- one of these gets picked up somewhere slightly bigger. So it goes from a 4chan board and ends up in a reddit board. Or someone slightly bigger tweets it.

- it gets pickedup by bigger site, like so comicbookmovie.com, who post "rumor articles" for clicks

- it then gets picked up by more twitter accounts

- it then gets picked up by youtbe accounts

All the while, they all pretend to have someone inside. Forum and reddit and facebook peeps share each one, giving the rumor life.

Now what is more likely... 1000 different accounts and youtube channels all immediately got the same information from there "sources".... or they all are just hovering around the internet and sourcing the same rumor from 4chan?

I mean ****, look at this video. They are mentioning the earthquake in End Game... again. Which has already been debunked by the Endgame writers.
    We can't really trust the writers of Endgame. Sebastian Stan himself told everyone the winter solider would not be in Black Panther, which was a lie.

We can't really trust the writers of Endgame. Sebastian Stan himself told everyone the winter solider would not be in Black Panther, which was a lie.
    Well, he really wasn't unless you stayed to the very, very end of the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, he really wasn't unless you stayed to the very, very end of the movie.
    I'm glad he didn't hint at the teaser. Not because of spoilers (let's be fair, it was a random shoutout, nothing more) but can you imagine what the clickbait would be like?

SEBASTIAN STAN HINTS AT SECRET AVENGERS APPEARANCE IN BLACK PANTHER

"Speaking at a panel, Sebastian Stan hinted that his character, the Winter Soldier, would appear 'somewhere near the end' of Ryan Coogler's BLACK PANTHER film. Is this a sign that Steve Rogers' Avengers (who were seen to be hiding in Wakanda at the end of CIVIL WAR) will be playing a major role in the final battle? Here's the evidence:"

writers saying something AFTER a movie isn't the same as an actor not spoiling a moving coming out.

Plus, he really wasn't in the movie. It was a post credit scene.

Just like he wasn't in Ant-Man either
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

My brother works for Disney perhaps I can send his toxic masculine @$$ down the hall and confirm these Black Panther rumors and also work off all that Thanksgiving turkey he ate at my house...

Note: My brother looks nothing like Blade but he was one heck of an athlete back in the day... Pretty MF!

Doom... Namor... If you are part of the greater Marvel universe it's a shared enterprise and just like Captain America: Civil War your franchise can be used to launch other intellectual property regardless of how fans feel about it!

Black Panther jacked the narrative in Civil War and then went on to 1.3 Billion Dollars so if Doom or the Fantastic Four need an assist into the MCU after what happened with their other 3 Fox produced movies then so be it!

Fox lost two Johnny Storms to the MCU in Chris Evans and Michael B. Jordan so be a good sport and give to the needy...

I don't see Coogler doing a Doomwar in the same way that Mayberry did because long winded pyrrhic victory speeches are not the MCU way these days!

Thanos got his comeuppance in the end so Doom could get bodied for his transactions or be a recurring sidekick type like Loki popping up every now and then!

Besides, what could be worse than Killmonger beating you down in front of your girl, your moms, your sister, your best friend, your peeps and then tossing you off a waterfall like discarded trash?
    Get Hectic!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by FLEX HECTIC View Post
    My brother works for Disney perhaps I can send his toxic masculine @$$ down the hall and confirm these Black Panther rumors and also work off all that Thanksgiving turkey he ate at my house...

Note: My brother looks nothing like Blade but he was one heck of an athlete back in the day... Pretty MF!

Doom... Namor... If you are part of the greater Marvel universe it's a shared enterprise and just like Captain America: Civil War your franchise can be used to launch other intellectual property regardless of how fans feel about it!

Black Panther jacked the narrative in Civil War and then went on to 1.3 Billion Dollars so if Doom or the Fantastic Four need an assist into the MCU after what happened with their other 3 Fox produced movies then so be it!

Fox lost two Johnny Storms to the MCU in Chris Evans and Michael B. Jordan so be a good sport and give to the needy...

I don't see Coogler doing a Doomwar in the same way that Mayberry did because long winded pyrrhic victory speeches are not the MCU way these days!

Thanos got his comeuppance in the end so Doom could get bodied for his transactions or be a recurring sidekick type like Loki popping up every now and then!

Besides, what could be worse than Killmonger beating you down in front of your girl, your moms, your sister, your best friend, your peeps and then tossing you off a waterfall like discarded trash?
    You ask what would be worse?

Any of Coates mischaracterisation making it into BP2 would be the epitome of worse.

Incredible Member Vibranium Weave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FLEX HECTIC View Post

You've made some valid points
    Last edited by Vibranium Weave; 12-02-2019 at 02:53 PM.

Once again, go back to the last big comic con announcements and how many the rumor sites and "insiders" figured out? how many of them figured out Blade was coming? How many figured out Thor 4 was coming? and ect. The only thing rumor sites got right was stuff already deep in the pipeline.

Here is how internet rumor crap like this works:

- someone makes up a rumor, adds made up comic book details to add credibility

most of these are ignored. but they are constant.

- one of these gets picked up somewhere slightly bigger. So it goes from a 4chan board and ends up in a reddit board. Or someone slightly bigger tweets it.

- it gets pickedup by bigger site, like so comicbookmovie.com, who post "rumor articles" for clicks

- it then gets picked up by more twitter accounts

- it then gets picked up by youtbe accounts

All the while, they all pretend to have someone inside. Forum and reddit and facebook peeps share each one, giving the rumor life.

Now what is more likely... 1000 different accounts and youtube channels all immediately got the same information from there "sources".... or they all are just hovering around the internet and sourcing the same rumor from 4chan?

I mean ****, look at this video. They are mentioning the earthquake in End Game... again. Which has already been debunked by the Endgame writers.
    Plus with this rumour we also got thst Shuri is going to be BP as well given sources.. sooo yeah

You've made some valid points
    Counterpoint to that is CW was the third cap movie, not first.

Also, IM2, IM 3, Thor 2, Thor 3, GoG2, AM2 were not used to prop up other franchises.

Adding Avengers into Cap 3 was to prop up Caps sales, not the other way around. TWS was critically acclaimed but "only" brought in 714 million, which is less than Guardians of the Galaxy brought in in the same year. So their solution was "add Iron Man" which is a proven formula to jack up sales at the time. (Also Black Panther was a back up plan for Civil War. It was never intended to be made to propel Black Panther. It was supposed to be Spider-Man)
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Once Nick Fury showed up in the first Ironman in the end credits scene all movies would be connected one way or another!

Whether it be for extra money issues or to piggyback each other leading to Thanos it's still a shared universe!

1.3 Billion Dollar Black Panther should not be expected to stand isolated especially considering that Thanos' Snap made planet earth ground zero for cosmic activity with Wakanda being the capitol location of that Snappening!

From here on out everybody and they momma should expect to land in Wakanda while they repair (offscreen) Avengers headquarters that was decimated by Thanos time traveling army!

PLUS... If Black Panther is now the new face of the MCU post Chris Evans/Downey Jr departures with Spiderman too young and on the run and Captain Marvel and The Guardians of the Galaxy off world Wakanda is now the place to be on planet earth!

Not to mention the possible grooming of General Okoye to replace Black Widow who seemed to be running things for the five years of the Snapped folks absence... It looked very much like Wakanda was answering to Black Widow as was the rest of the galaxy via Rocket, Nebula and Captain Marvel!

Black Panther emerged first out the portal for a reason so mentally prepare for Namor, Doom, Storm (and the X-men) to show up and kiss that Wakandan pinky ring because Wakanda is now home field advantage for the playoffs!

Peter Parker: "I have just been exposed to the world mind if I hang out here with my Aunt May, and MJ and Ned for safety's sake?"

Namor: "Half of my fish people just disappeared and five years later they return... What are you surface dwellers doing up here I demand answers?"

Doom: "Thanos did what... Beyotch please Doom runs things from now on!"

Storm: "Mutants are being persecuted all over the world can you offer us asylum?" (bats eyelashes and flicks long white hair)

Reed Richards: "I must be allowed passage into Wakanda to study these cosmic surges."

Blade: "There are vampires in Wakanda I can smell em from here."

Starlord: "Permission to land in Wakanda for refueling and restroom breaks."

Thor: "Just bifrosted in to say hello... Got any beer?"

Nick Fury: "I'm tired of these MF super heroes in MF Wakanda!"

Okoye: "Please all of you take a number and the king will get to you individually!"

1.3 Billion Dollars brings all of the distant relatives home as if you won the lottery so brace for impact...

Mickey 'Money' Mouse: "What's my name... Wakanda Money Forever!"
    Get Hectic!

Carry on FLEX!!

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    I liked The Last Jedi, but it had really bad writing, because Johnson was more concerned with being woke instead of telling a good story. Nobody told him about himself, that's why you got things like Finn, a black man, a former brainwashed child soldier, needing a lecture about how war and slavery are bad. Not to mention the fact that he went through the exact same character arc that he did in The Force Awakens. Ahhh, I could rant for days about Finn's portrayal.

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    Oh boohoo! Cry me a river. If I'm sick of anything, it's this culture of hero worship where nobody is allowed to say anything negative about someone because they're "respected" or high achieving.

I don't care about Coates' achievements or his status. None of us owe him anything that we're not allowed to speak our minds about what he's doing with a property which--mind you--existed before he was ever a thing. I don't have to praise or like his work simply because he's a black man or that he has a name.

I should add that as a casual Star Wars viewer, The Last Jedi is one of the most boring films I've ever watched, with horribly executed fight choreography. So that comparison sounds apt. And I should also add that Rian Johnson disrespected the SW repeatedly, went against what actors themselves like Mark Hamill thought was right for the characters, all just to "subvert expectations". So again, an apt comparison which actually does your argument no favours.
    Remove Last Jedi and replace it with Black Panther and it reads like a lot of youtube, twitter complaints

Is it Oochie Wally Wally or is it One Mic?

The same complaints you dump on Coates about...well those are some of the same complaints that detractors have about the film.

There's far more anti-woke culture than woke culture.

Maybe...its just something different. Not bad, maybe not for you (at this moment).
    Last edited by Klaue's Mixtape; 12-02-2019 at 03:47 PM.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Finn is the single worst character in Star Wars if you consider his potential.

Absolute straight garbage character who on paper, initially and what was freaking teased, had a chance to be an absolute excellent character.

Instead he exists to go, "we have black people in Star Wars the black community! buy our toys and come see!"

Sorry, off topic lol.

Accepting trash like Finn is how you get trash like T'chumpa translated to mass media.
    Never thought I'd see the day, but I agree with you here. I don't think Last Jedi is a bad movie imo. However, Finn is totally wasted character in both films.

Fantastic Member LastManStanding's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Remove Last Jedi and replace it with Black Panther and it reads like a lot of youtube, twitter complaints

Is it Oochie Wally Wally or is it One Mic?
    Are you insinuating that Kathleen Kennedy and Coates are doing the same thing?

It's Stillmatic