Page 256 of 287 FirstFirst ... 156206246252253254255256257258259260266 ... LastLast
Results 3,826 to 3,840 of 4303

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Marvel Celebrates Fantastic Four Wedding with Villain Variant Covers

Red Ghost looks surprisingly cool in his variant.
    For once he actually does.

Now he should regain his former powers and lose the stupid apes.
    Last edited by danielsan52; 10-10-2018 at 05:10 AM.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Some of them aren't villains anymore like Thundra, Molecule Man and Dragon Man. Speaking of Thundra, I wonder if she will hear the news from Weird World where she and Lyra are right now, considering she had the hots for Ben in the past.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

It's page 256 for the FF appreciation thread!! But, you may ask, why does this matter? it matters because 256 is 4 to the 4th power. Let's celebrate this as we're celebrating Sue's 100th page.

Four-tastic!

Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

line it drawn

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    It's page 256 for the FF appreciation thread!! But, you may ask, why does this matter? it matters because 256 is 4 to the 4th power. Let's celebrate this as we're celebrating Sue's 100th page.
    sues 100th ?

also very cool on the maths spot

Excellent!

It doesn't mean that much sense and it's probably a bit lazy from my part but I will celebrate that rest event posting a Byrne cover

- To Tammy and the Blue Rose !

Came across these tweets and I slightly agree

https://twitter.com/OOC_BlueDude/sta...28472134676482

What the FF do should effect the Marvel Universe and they should appear in other books. Sequestering them off only in their own book will just be repeating the same mistakes and won't increase their popularity. Popular characters appear everywhere, you just have to look at Spider-Man or Dr Doom. It's a big connected universe and the members of the team should appear often in it.

Marvel wouldn't exist without the Fantastic Four. Have them either together or separately guest appear, team-up with other heroes, and cameo in other books. Make it hard to ignore them as apathy is what really kills characters.

Their appearances in other books shouldn't be rare and far apart. After issue 4 when they are properly back and settled, the cameos and guest appearances should be starting up soon.
    Last edited by Crimz; 10-14-2018 at 06:31 AM.

Came across these tweets and I slightly agree

https://twitter.com/OOC_BlueDude/sta...28472134676482

What the FF do should effect the Marvel Universe and they should appear in other books. Sequestering them off only in their own book will just be repeating the same mistakes and won't increase their popularity. Popular characters appear everywhere, you just have to look at Spider-Man or Dr Doom. It's a big connected universe and the members of the team should appear often in it.

Marvel wouldn't exist without the Fantastic Four. Have them either together or separately guest appear, team-up with other heroes, and cameo in other books. Make it hard to ignore them as apathy is what really kills characters.

Their appearances in other books shouldn't be rare and far apart. After issue 4 when they are properly back and settled, the cameos and guest appearances should be starting up soon.
    I agree with you 100% on the appearing in other books. The FF has long been thought of as a family and with the wedding in issue 650, we will see many guest stars as actual guests. "But, captain," you say, "the tweet is about the FF guest starring in other books." and I understand. At weddings there are always people who hadn't gotten together in years but were close freinds. Additionally, there are always promises that they will get together more. And IRL, the reconnections sometimes happen. This is a PERFECT occasion to to reaffirm the FF's importance in Marvel by using part of what made the FF great to bring them back into the fold.

I agree with you 100% on the appearing in other books. The FF has long been thought of as a family and with the wedding in issue 650, we will see many guest stars as actual guests. "But, captain," you say, "the tweet is about the FF guest starring in other books." and I understand. At weddings there are always people who hadn't gotten together in years but were close freinds. Additionally, there are always promises that they will get together more. And IRL, the reconnections sometimes happen. This is a PERFECT occasion to to reaffirm the FF's importance in Marvel by using part of what made the FF great to bring them back into the fold.
    I like it. The wedding would be a great way to do that. I hope to see lots of guest appearances starting next year.

Mighty Member

I'm hoping the Foundation interacts outside of each other, especially Franklin and Val.

BANNED

What the FF do should effect the Marvel Universe and they should appear in other books. Sequestering them off only in their own book will just be repeating the same mistakes and won't increase their popularity.
    They haven't had a popularity issue and there was no mistake. They were killed because of a dispute over the movie rights

Quote Originally Posted by mrbrklyn View Post
    They haven't had a popularity issue and there was no mistake. They were killed because of a dispute over the movie rights
    FF fans have to admit that the Fantastic Four are not as popular as they were 30 years ago and their popularity just continued to fall. It's a simple fact. If they were popular Marvel would have been unable to cancel their book, just look at the X-Men who were too popular for Marvel to cancel without extreme backlash.

The Fantastic aren't that popular, the time away and recent return are a chance to rebuild their popularity. Things need to change and the mistakes from before shouldn't be repeated. One such mistake was the team not impacting or being involved in the MU outside of their book like they should. Their rebuilding of the multiverse should be mentioned by other characters, especially ones that universe hop. The team both together and individually should cameo, guest appear, and team-up with other heroes in other books often. Make them really involved in the MU and hard to ignore.

FF fans have to admit that the Fantastic Four are not as popular as they were 30 years ago and their popularity just continued to fall. It's a simple fact. If they were popular Marvel would have been unable to cancel their book, just look at the X-Men who were too popular for Marvel to cancel without extreme backlash.

The Fantastic aren't that popular, the time away and recent return are a chance to rebuild their popularity. Things need to change and the mistakes from before shouldn't be repeated. One such mistake was the team not impacting or being involved in the MU outside of their book like they should. Their rebuilding of the multiverse should be mentioned by other characters, especially ones that universe hop. The team both together and individually should cameo, guest appear, and team-up with other heroes in other books often. Make them really involved in the MU and hard to ignore.
    I might even stretch (pun unintended) that thirty to forty years. While the FF has been comfortably above cancellation levels, they are certainly haven't been a big seller in recent years. Anecdotal evidence shows they have an aging fan base and despite some excellent runs, have not really been "kewl".

The mix of family and cosmic adventure is timeless. I keep on bringing up shows like Sopranos and breaking bad where the mix of extraordinary circumstance juxtaposed with mundane family life is popular. It still sells. And looking at books like Swiss Family Robinson, it always did. I suspect Marvel thinks the FF franchise has been underperforming. A few years off to get us going and a big splash return is obvious marketing. We'd call this a strategy or a gimmick.

Are the FF going to be big and mainstream or are they going to be a niche book? I'm pretty damn sure Marvel's hoping for big and mainstream and this seems like a possible way to get there.