Page 36 of 150 FirstFirst ... 263233343536373839404686136 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    To my knowledge, Marvel allowed the show to happen, but the ability to stop it wholesale after allowing it is different. It's become pretty clear in how Marvel recently supports (via comics) everything Fox is doing but Gifted that Gifted is at risk.
    They allowed garbage like Agents of SHIELD to go for 4 seasons. They have the same stake in Gifted, and have no reason to end it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    To my knowledge, Marvel allowed the show to happen, but the ability to stop it wholesale after allowing it is different. It's become pretty clear in how Marvel recently supports (via comics) everything Fox is doing but Gifted that Gifted is at risk.
    The show was produced by 20th Century Fox Television in association with Marvel Television.

Marvel allowed the show to happen only after reading the scripts.

Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    The gifted is a collaboration between Fox and marvel comics, it'll have the same status as the Netflix show after the merger
    You are right
    small detail
    television instead of comics.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JeanGreyForever View Post
    Fox doesn't have a vision anymore and you need to understand that. They don't have the ability to "ban" Feige from anything, let alone making X-Men movies.

The deal barely fell through and it was reported as such, but as we know, not all reporting is accurate anymore. Pixar is a completely different case than Marvel, not to mention Pixar was tied with Disney from their inception since Disney was the distributor. You yourself said tht Up, Toy Story, etc. are Pixar cartoons AND Disney cartoons. The Fox case is even different since the X-Men and FF rights are going BACK to Marvel. It's not that this is DC comics which is a completely different company from Marvel or Dark Horse, or anything else. Marvel is going back to Marvel here.

The people in charge of Fox want to sell, and they want to come over and be head of Disney, so the only strings attached are not the ones you are envisioning.

Fox-men fans have gotten very little right before and that won't change now.

do you mind if we look at fox. fox does not have a vision. because

new mutants, xforce, gambit, X23, multiple man was never official
    , all trying to break even futher from the OVER CROWDED genre. while marvel has shown in 2017 they can only do kid friendly comedy movies a one way streak.. from that. marvel does not have vision. not fox. Logan was a vision, new mutants is a vision, i hate to say this but if marvel had a vision, they will not give a darm what xmen is doing and been to eager to get xmen,. they will all be forcused on their vision. the same way fox is doing right now even with all this stuff going on.

from what we know about fox and disney. the fox vision for xmen is superior to anything disney can do and fits the xmen universe better. now all fox needs to worry about is the execution of that vision. Which so far is more good than bad. far more good than bad.

We talk of vision, after the big waste that was spiderman homecoming and thor 3. Avengers vs xmen is not vision. Its false hype because we have seen too mnay mcu cross overs and are already on to it. A vision for xmen will be to adapt inferno or the apocalypse solution (xforce) or messiah complex (after new mutants, xmen, xforce are in the present) . That is vision and its all xmen.

and the bottom line is we dont know why the deal fell through but if we use our heads it is likely one was proposing something the other did not like. and no pixar is not different because all that could be scrapped by...its all animation in the end like u are trying to say...its all marvel in the end nut it is not that anymore. xmen has outgrown marvel that is fact with deadpool , dofp and logan and that will be considered greatly for fox.

you keep saying the rights are going back to marvel but it is not that simple because there is cluase for the rights to go back , the cluase said the rights will go back if fox does put out a movie every 5 years. fox has not broken that terms of agreement which means fox has more power on what they want xmen to be if they were to sell it back, that is a basic contract law.

funny you keep saying fox-men fans. these fox-men fans seem to know what is best for xmen and will rather see new mutants, deadpool, gambit, xforce than for xmen to be just another mcu movie of the week all that does not even match the tone of the xmen universe.
    Last edited by Jaddor; 12-07-2017 at 04:28 PM.

BANNED

Took this with a grain of salt, but enjoyed the HELL out of reading it, nonetheless.

neXtBigFuture.com: Xmen, Fantastic Four will join Marvel movie universe with Disney Fox Deal
    ... Regaining the live-action rights to the X-Men was a fundamental piece of the deal with only the rights to the Avatar films rivaling their importance. Deadline’s report indicates that Marvel Studios head honcho Kevin Feige is very eager to begin incorporating Marvel’s mutant heroes and villains into the post-Infinity War MCU. Fox already has an impressive slate of X-films scheduled for 2018 and beyond. ...
    Thought I read something too, in the flurry of news released today, 'bout a big, twist ending nobody will see comin' TO:

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    They allowed garbage like Agents of SHIELD to go for 4 seasons. They have the same stake in Gifted, and have no reason to end it.
    and why i think this deal will be more than meets the eye. agents of shield is not even part of the marvel film universe, and that is not a clue that xmen will not be? yeah...well. okay. and this is agent of shield, not even xmen that towers all over the other marvel ip is lore, story telling and content.

as marvel scrapped to make sense of theit tv shows this year in 2017 with inhumans, defenders, iron fist. xmen suceeeded well with legion and gifted. and you think fox will just say...okay be done now get lumped in the mcu because??????

2017 was a good year , xmen outclassed mcu in movies and tv and it was all because of creative freedom. you think fox will just go blind on this? no way.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaddor View Post
    and why i think this deal will be more than meets the eye. agents of shield is not even part of the marvel film universe, and that is not a clue that xmen will not be? yeah...well. okay. and this is agent of shield, not even xmen that towers all over the other marvel ip is lore, story telling and content.

as marvel scrapped to make sense of theit tv shows this year in 2017 with inhumans, defenders, iron fist. xmen suceeeded well with legion and gifted. and you think fox will just say...okay be done now get lumped in the mcu because??????

2017 was a good year , xmen outclassed mcu in movies and tv and it was all because of creative freedom. you think fox will just go blind on this? no way.
    Fox is looking to sell their movie division. They don't care about creative freedom or artistic vision. They want to be in the sports and news business.

Fox is looking to sell their movie division. They don't care about creative freedom or artistic vision. They want to be in the sports and news business.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GenHero View Post
    http://www.ibtimes.co.in/sorry-deadp...on-deal-752102

''Sources have confirmed that Disney and Fox Studios have closed the acquisition deal. This means X-Men's Wolverine, Deadpool and Marvel Studio's Avengers will come under one roof.''

It's happening!
    HONESTLY, I didn't think this was going to happen. I thought they were Joking.

BANNED

Specifically, old Rupert wants to sell. We don't know how the movie and TV people feel. They might be glad to be away from that old piece of shit.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    Took this with a grain of salt, but enjoyed the HELL out of reading it, nonetheless.

neXtBigFuture.com: Xmen, Fantastic Four will join Marvel movie universe with Disney Fox Deal

Thought I read something too, in the flurry of news released today, 'bout a big, twist ending nobody will see comin' TO:

Regaining the live-action rights to the X-Men was a fundamental piece of the deal with only the rights to the Avatar films rivaling their importance.

ahh, and some ask what makes xmen iconic and well respected?
    if not for logan this year, comic book movies will almost be almost a goner. xmen and f4 are iconic period. xmen trancended all things comics related and the media and feige respect that. comparing xmen to avatar is a good sign when it comes to impact, the money part is not worth it as i rather have a tdk billion dollar xmen movie than an avengers billion dollar xmen movie, as wb is getting a reality check. it was nolan that pushed batman to billion not batman himself. you need the people to get there

the kevin feige eagerness still icks me because he is showing his true colors from POV. he never truly gave a darm about avengers and the rest. he just went along because that was what he had, and now he wants the best of marvel, he wants the people who have made the best of the marvel movies and have the best marvel lore. he wants to just leave all their next 20 movies and forcus on xmen? i think not.

notice also the aritcle said villains and we know xmen rogues gallery is top notch a top 3 in comics along with spiderman and batman. he is not good with villians.

funny thing with Kevin feige, i have never seen him show any passion for other marvel characters like xmen. he even wants xmen more than f4 when f4 is what he needs to worry about. but he is too late. xmen is now way above marvel. The only way i will accept fiege is if he lives mcu and disney, after thor3, i don’t trust him at all.

as for dark phoenix, kinberg is the problem, but it is a bigger problem is knowing disney cannot adapt the film at all.
    Last edited by Jaddor; 12-07-2017 at 04:55 PM.

Regaining the live-action rights to the X-Men was a fundamental piece of the deal with only the rights to the Avatar films rivaling their importance.

ahh, and some ask what makes xmen iconic and well respected?
    if not for logan this year, comic book movies will almost be almost a goner. xmen and f4 are iconic period. xmen trancended all things comics related and the media and feige respect that. comparing xmen to avatar is a good sign when it comes to impact, the money part is not worth it as i rather have a tdk billion dollar xmen movie than an avengers billion dollar xmen movie, as wb is getting a reality check. it was nolan that pushed batman to billion not batman himself. you need the people to get there

the kevin feige eagerness still icks me because he is showing his true colors from POV. he never truly gave a darm about avengers and the rest. he just went along because that was what he had, and now he wants the best of marvel, he wants the people who have made the best of the marvel movies and have the best marvel lore. he wants to just leave all their next 20 movies and forcus on xmen? i think not.

notice also the aritcle said villains and we know xmen rogues gallery is top notch a top 3 in comics along with spiderman and batman. he is not good with villians.

funny thing with Kevin feige, i have never seen him show any passion for other marvel characters like xmen. he even wants xmen more than f4 when f4 is what he needs to worry about. but he is too late. xmen is now way above marvel. The only way i will accept fiege is if he lives mcu and disney, after thor3, i don’t trust him at all.

as for dark phoenix, kinberg is the problem, but it is a bigger problem is knowing disney cannot adapt the film at all.
    You’re reading a lot into a speculative news story that has at best second hand paraphrasing of something Feige might have said, and even then the word used was “eager”. Why wouldn’t anyone at Disney/Marvel Studios be “eager” to incorporate the X-Nen into the MCU?

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Does any really believe Disney isn't going to give Marvel their characters? The division currently making them billions.
    But that is not what we were discussing. We were discussing the rights not being transferrable if 20th Century Fox was sold to a third party. In that context, it is a non issue because 20th Century Fox wouldn't be selling the rights to Comcast. Instead Comcast would be buying 20th Century Fox who in essence would keep their rights and their independence as a separate legal entity for which Comcast is the owner.

What Disney does with the rights is entirely a separate topic.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

BANNED

do you mind if we look at fox. fox does not have a vision. because

new mutants, xforce, gambit, X23, multiple man was never official
    , all trying to break even futher from the OVER CROWDED genre. while marvel has shown in 2017 they can only do kid friendly comedy movies a one way streak.. from that. marvel does not have vision. not fox. Logan was a vision, new mutants is a vision, i hate to say this but if marvel had a vision, they will not give a darm what xmen is doing and been to eager to get xmen,. they will all be forcused on their vision. the same way fox is doing right now even with all this stuff going on.

from what we know about fox and disney. the fox vision for xmen is superior to anything disney can do and fits the xmen universe better. now all fox needs to worry about is the execution of that vision. Which so far is more good than bad. far more good than bad.

We talk of vision, after the big waste that was spiderman homecoming and thor 3. Avengers vs xmen is not vision. Its false hype because we have seen too mnay mcu cross overs and are already on to it. A vision for xmen will be to adapt inferno or the apocalypse solution (xforce) or messiah complex (after new mutants, xmen, xforce are in the present) . That is vision and its all xmen.

and the bottom line is we dont know why the deal fell through but if we use our heads it is likely one was proposing something the other did not like. and no pixar is not different because all that could be scrapped by...its all animation in the end like u are trying to say...its all marvel in the end nut it is not that anymore. xmen has outgrown marvel that is fact with deadpool , dofp and logan and that will be considered greatly for fox.

you keep saying the rights are going back to marvel but it is not that simple because there is cluase for the rights to go back , the cluase said the rights will go back if fox does put out a movie every 5 years. fox has not broken that terms of agreement which means fox has more power on what they want xmen to be if they were to sell it back, that is a basic contract law.

funny you keep saying fox-men fans. these fox-men fans seem to know what is best for xmen and will rather see new mutants, deadpool, gambit, xforce than for xmen to be just another mcu movie of the week all that does not even match the tone of the xmen universe.
    No I don't mind at all. I'm not sure what you are trying to say though. You claim Fox never had a vision because none of their films were official but then you say it's really Marvel. Fox doesn't have any of this stuff going on except for whitewashed New Mutants and Dark Phoenix, although I'd still cancel both of them if I could.

Spider-Man: Homecoming was not a waste and far better received than ASM1 and 2. Thor Ragnarok is considered the best in the Thor trilogy. Avengers vs X-Men is in the works, I guarantee you, even if it's the end of Phase 4, 5, or 6, or whatever, but it's coming. Messiah Complex was trash and can't work without House of M, which you would be against since it involves the Avnegers and thus other Marvel properties and you said you do not approve of that multiple times. Inferno also affected the entire MU in the comics. Since the event was supernatural, you can't possibly expect they'd go that route without including Doctor Strange or someone like that. I don't know what you mean that all of Pixar could be "scrapped by...its all animation." That makes no sense to anyone, and I don't think even you get that. What does animation have to do with anything here? Are you saying animation is expendable?

The X-Men have not outgrown the Marvel Universe. If anything, Marvel has all grown, leaving the X-Men far, far, behind and Fox-men fanatics like you have not grown with it either. Fox will be owned by Disney/Marvel, so the contract is sold to them as well. The rights is not even an issue here but you are making this up to appease yourself.

The Fox-men fans are in the minority and everyone outside of here is celebrating.

BANNED

Movies and TV are completely different. The Netflix shows for Marvel have been hugely popular and The Gifted has less than stellar ratings despite all the promotion and hype, while Legion was the only one that got good traction. So multiple MCU shows versus maybe 1 XCU show.