View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1384 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 38488412841334137413801381138213831384138513861387138813941434 ... LastLast
Results 20,746 to 20,760 of 21662
    Spectacular Member

I've never read Astrocity, but would jump at the chance to collect it in a premium format!

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    Was the Priest Deathstroke omnibus delayed on IST?
    Lunar (DC's direct market distributor) says it's not due until next week, though obviously some readers have managed to pick it up early.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MagpieMad View Post
    I've never read Astrocity, but would jump at the chance to collect it in a premium format!
    Same here!

If it were DC holding the license still, I'd be afraid we'd get the whole series shoved into two or three unwieldy, lumbering omni's... but since it's Image I remain a little more optimistic.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    Lunar (DC's direct market distributor) says it's not due until next week, though obviously some readers have managed to pick it up early.
    Whew, thought I had missed it.

Amazon/hatchet just got em a week or so earlier it seems, which isn't unusual. Just wanted to be sure

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    Whew, thought I had missed it.

Amazon/hatchet just got em a week or so earlier it seems, which isn't unusual. Just wanted to be sure

I was thinking there was going to be a delay on the Priest Deathstroke omnibus. IST had it on their site for Wish Lists, but it disappeared from their site a few weeks ago. It's not in the Coming Soon section, so I'm guessing it'll randomly pop up when it arrives in-stock. This has happened before with IST.

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

I am a huge fan of Busiek's Astro City and I think it is one of the books that should be up there with Sandman or whatever. I can't believe DC never did an Absolute line or a couple of Omnibus.
    (If you are a Busiek fan, his Untold Tales of Spiderman and Thunderbolts omnis are both on sale at IST.)

Bleeding Cool has posted an updated list of rescheduled books - https://bleedingcool.com/comics/late...roblems-paper/. Some we knew about already, but here the collected editions posted in the article:

Batman Vol. 1: Their Dark Designs has jumped from the 19th of October to the 2nd of November.
    Justice League Dark: The New 52 Omnibus from the 12th of October to the 9th of November.
    The DC Comics: Girls Unite! Box Set from the 5th of October to the 2nd of November,
    the Hill House Box Set from the 26th of October to the 9th of November,
    the Saga of the Swamp Thing Box Set from the 12th of October to the 16th of November.
    The Man-Bat collection has slipped a week from the 2nd of November to the 9th.
    Batman/Superman Vol. 2: World's Deadliest from the 26th of October to the 9th of November.
    Superman and the Authority HC from the 16th of November to the 30th.
    The Swamp Thing Volume 1: Becoming from the 23rd of November to the 7th of December.
    Batgirl of Burnside Omnibus from the 23rd of November to the 28th of December.
    Wonder Woman: Silver Age Omnibus Vol. 1 from the 14th of December to the 28th.
    The Books of Magic Omnibus Vol. 2 from the 19th of October to the 1st of November.
    Batman: No Man's Land Omnibus Vol. 1 from the 23rd of November to the 11th of January 2022.
    Catwoman of East End Omnibus from the 29th of March to the 5th of April 2022.
    Batman: The Long Halloween: Dark Victory: The Deluxe Edition has slipped from the 4th of January to the 18th.
    Batman: The Caped Crusader Vol. 6 from the 4th of January to the 8th of February.
    Superboy and the Legion of Super-Heroes (Tabloid Edition) from the 14th of December to the 15th of February.
    Absolute Wonder Woman: Gods and Mortals from the 24th of August to the 1st of March 2022.
    Absolute Swamp Thing by Alan Moore Vol. 3 from the 23rd of November to the 15th of March 2022.

My order for the Batwoman Omnibus is in the mail!
    It was delayed by quite a bit, that I'm surprised it even came out.
    Can't wait to dig into it - love the JH Williams art!

According to Comiclist, DC has informed retailers that the following books are cancelled, but will be solicited at a later date:
    -BATMAN TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES OMNIBUS HC
    -BATMAN THE DARK KNIGHT DETECTIVE TP VOL 06
    -AQUAMAN 80 YEARS OF THE KING OF THE SEVEN SEAS THE DELUXE EDITION HC

https://blog.gocollect.com/dc-comics...or-10-13-2021/

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    According to Comiclist, DC has informed retailers that the following books are cancelled, but will be solicited at a later date:
    -BATMAN TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES OMNIBUS HC
    -BATMAN THE DARK KNIGHT DETECTIVE TP VOL 06
    -AQUAMAN 80 YEARS OF THE KING OF THE SEVEN SEAS THE DELUXE EDITION HC

https://blog.gocollect.com/dc-comics...or-10-13-2021/
    If it were anyone but Batman I'd be pissed, but this will definitely see print eventually.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Incredible Member

Does DC still care about Frank Miller's Ronin? Only the tpb is in print. I'm dying for an Absolute Edition reprint.

Incredible Member

Omar's overview of the new Batwoman omnibus

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

CATWOMAN OF EAST END OMNIBUS
    Written by ED BRUBAKER and DARWYN COOKE
    Art by DARWYN COOKE, CAMERON STEWART, JAVIER PULIDO, and others
    Cover by DARWYN COOKE
    $100.00 US | 1,064 pages | 7 1/16" x 10 7/8" | Hardcover
    ISBN: 978-1-77951-503-2
    ON SALE 3/29/22
    Catwoman is dead! (Or at least that's what she wants you to think.) Presumed deceased and low on funds, Selina Kyle returns to her roots, taking up residence in Gotham's down-and-out East End. She intends to lie low and figure out her next moves, but when a serial killer begins racking up bodies in her old haunts, Selina has no choice but to return to the prowl in this twisting noir mystery that collects stories from Detective Comics #759-762, Catwoman: Selina's Big Score, Catwoman #1-37, and Catwoman Secret Files #1.

THE FOURTH WORLD BY JACK KIRBY BOX SET
    Written by JACK KIRBY
    Art and cover by JACK KIRBY
    $120 .00 US | 6 5/8" x 10 3/16" | Softcover
    ISBN: 978-1-77951-485-1
    ON SALE 7/12/22
    In the 1970s, legendary creator Jack Kirby revolutionized the comic book medium with a monumental multi-series saga that introduced impossible new worlds, iconic new characters, and sweeping new mythologies. He called it the Fourth World, and its debut elicited unprecedented levels of excitement from comics readers everywhere. The epic ran across four monthly titles—The New Gods, The Forever People, Mister Miracle, and Superman's Pal Jimmy Olsen—collected in full here in one slipcase box set!

BLACK ADAM BOX SET
    Written by VARIOUS
    Art by VARIOUS
    Slipcase art by JIM LEE
    $51.00 US | 6 5/8" x 10 3/16" | Softcover
    ISBN: 978-1-77951-452-3
    ON SALE 7/5/2022
    Before seeing Black Adam on the big screen, rediscover classic DC comics that inspired the film! This slipcase box set includes softcover editions of Shazam! Vol. 1, Black Adam/JSA: Black Reign, and Black Adam: Rise and Fall of an Empire—a new collection of Black Adam's epic journey from 52.