• Bishop

14 10.77%
  • Another Partner

17 13.08%
  • Single

30 23.08%
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

It's still so funny how bleeding cool kept hyping up jean and bishop hooking up and then it literally lasted only for a issue in a alternate reality. Remember so many of yall debating the couple when the rumors came out just for nothing to end up happening.

Fantastic Member

I'm surprised to see Logan with so little votes. I thought that ship was more popular.

I don't care who she's with tbh. I'd say single because maybe then she might develop an actual character outside of "the love interest" for the two male leads.

Actually, anyone but Scott tbh, he's a far more interesting and dynamic character without her holding him back.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    It's still so funny how bleeding cool kept hyping up jean and bishop hooking up and then it literally lasted only for a issue in a alternate reality. Remember so many of yall debating the couple when the rumors came out just for nothing to end up happening.
    Not funny, but very expected when considering who the other writers are and who they cater every narrative to. Then simply look at the imbalance (read as deficiency) of agency given to anything connected to black male mutants. Its quite basic really to understand that a certain demographic is minimized and kept from the sacred cow of mutantdom females. When you consider the perspective of who wrote the story, its obvious no other writer in the X-office has the balls to try a pairing like Bishop and Jean.

Fantastic Member

Does Bishop really deserve all the racist microaggressions he'd recieve from the fandom if they actually paired him up with the sacred cow? Hard pass.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Not funny, but very expected when considering who the other writers are and who they cater every narrative to. Then simply look at the imbalance (read as deficiency) of agency given to anything connected to black male mutants. Its quite basic really to understand that a certain demographic is minimized and kept from the sacred cow of mutantdom females. When you consider the perspective of who wrote the story, its obvious no other writer in the X-office has the balls to try a pairing like Bishop and Jean.
    Oh they wouldn't get the chance to try it. JayDeeDub would kick them out of the office instantaneously at the suggestion lol

Quote Originally Posted by OmegaStorm87 View Post
    Does Bishop really deserve all the racist microaggressions he'd recieve from the fandom if they actually paired him up with the sacred cow? Hard pass.
    He already gets those.
    Last edited by Kitty&Piotr<3; 10-28-2021 at 12:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Oh yeah, also I think it's time they stop throwing every female character in 616 at him and let him settle, it's a big fantasy self-insert and I love those but Logan goes to far IMO.
    According to Exit Wounds he did settle at some point, he is even a great grandpa right now and visits ocasionally lol.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Amazing Member

Poll needs an 'anybody but Scott' option.

BANNED

If those are my only options then choose "single and self-respectful" no need for Jean Grey to bed-hop or randomly hook up with anyone.
    Last edited by Micabe; 10-28-2021 at 03:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by OmegaStorm87 View Post
    are there any inter-racial couples in comicbooks? Just wondering.

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    are there any inter-racial couples in comicbooks? Just wondering.
    On the top of my head, Jessica Jones and Luke Cage (I think they're still married). And Carmen and Buddy are supposed to be together, but the book was cancelled...

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    On the top of my head, Jessica Jones and Luke Cage (I think they're still married). And Carmen and Buddy are supposed to be together, but the book was cancelled...
    ah ok, right. thx. I read somewhere that there are barely any in the comicbook genre. Couldn't come up with a couple myself.

...also Northstar & Kyle of course and Cloak & Dagger.
    Last edited by Exodus; 10-28-2021 at 04:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    ah ok, right. thx. I read somewhere that there are barely any in the comicbook genre. Couldn't come up with a couple myself.

...also Northstar & Kyle of course and Cloak & Dagger.
    Yep!

And historically there were others too like Misty and Danny, Warren and Charlotte, Storm and Forge... (I don't read DC). They are not unheard of, but there aren't many either, but that's what happens when you have lots of white characters, I guess, you end up with more white couples.

EDIT: Rictor and Shatterstar are back together too, right? And Tommy and David, I guess?
    Last edited by Grinning Soul; 10-28-2021 at 04:23 AM.

Yessssssssss thanks so much for the Jean/Bishop mention. Jean deserves a switch up with her dating life and Bishop is someone she needs to explore more with. I think they would both give each other what they need in life.

We also need some more interracial relationships in the X-Books. Except don’t ever put us through Logan/Ororo ever again. She was way out of his league. Their so called “chemistry” was always forced beyond oblivion and you’ll never convince me otherwise.
    Emma Frost, Rogue, Felicia Hardy, Helena Bertinelli, Allison Blaire, Barbara Gordon, Monica Rambeau, Carol Danvers, Illyana Rasputin, Ororo Munroe, Harleen Quinzel, Lorna Dane, Irene Adler, Kate Kane, Rachel Grey Summers, Jean Grey, Diana Prince, Barbara Ann Minerva, Donna Troy, Jennifer Walters, Gwen Stacy, Wanda Maximoff = PERFECTION!

To be honest, I'm confused. What exactly is the legal status of Scott and Jean's marriage? Is Scott a "Widower"? Since they both are now residences of the State of New York, where the marriage took place in 1994, how would New York view their marriage status under state law?

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    To be honest, I'm confused. What exactly is the legal status of Scott and Jean's marriage? Is Scott a "Widower"? Since they both are now residences of the State of New York, where the marriage took place in 1994, how would New York view their marriage status under state law?
    Was Jean's death even reported or Scott's? Serious question.