Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default Should some of the X-Men characters should be a mainstay in Spider-Man?

The title says it all. Excluding Wolverine and Deadpool, which X-Men characters would fit in well in Spider-Man's either as a ally or antagonist. I want to see Betsy Braddock work with Spider-Man, as well as see The Morlocks have a more active role in with his world. Do you agree?

Emma.

For some reason that Devil Reign "team up" makes me realize that Peter needs a female friend who doesnt want to sleep with Him that tell the hard truth about things.

And Emma is a good friend

Hellion. Except this makes a lot of sense, just hear me out.

The two know each other. Hellion was his student, and Pete earned his respect. They could keep that student/teacher dynamic going. Hellion is also brash and passionate, so he could be a good contrast to his chiller mentor.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Peter and Kitty were a team/couple in the Ultimate Universe and it was pretty amazing. I’d like to see them as a team in 616, maybe not as bf/gf this time though.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Astonishing Member

Yeah, 616 Kitty's already dated enough Peters. Quill, Wisdom, Piotr Rasputin....

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Seeing as how Black Cat has had some stories with the NYC Thieves Guild, Gambit feels like a good fit
    Make Good Art

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagnus View Post
    Emma.

For some reason that Devil Reign "team up" makes me realize that Peter needs a female friend who doesnt want to sleep with Him that tell the hard truth about things.

They wouldn't stay platonic for long. There are two alternate universes where Pete and Emma hooked up. Cyclops and Shaw might make it seem like she has a preference for Alpha males, but Pete's heroic soul is catnip for bad girls. Plus, he'd let her push him around.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Peter and Kitty were a team/couple in the Ultimate Universe and it was pretty amazing. I’d like to see them as a team in 616, maybe not as bf/gf this time though.
    Ugh,I loved Ultimate Spider-man, but he did Kitty so wrong. Kenny was way better for her.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Astonishing Member

Mystique and Destiny could play an important role in Peter Parker's lineage....

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    Seeing as how Black Cat has had some stories with the NYC Thieves Guild, Gambit feels like a good fit
    This is a good fit actually. But depends on how you play Gambit.

Could either be a roguish ally or a banterful rival.

Especially helps that both Spidey and Gambit love to bantz

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrSurf View Post

Yup, could go either way. The couple of times they've met/teamed up were fun and had some banter. They have such opposing personalities, that I think if the writer leans into Spidey's innocent, do-good nature and Gambit's as a thief and a scoundrel, the dynamic could be pretty fun. Like, I can imagine a few panels where they're talking and Gambit picks someone's pocket only for Spidey/Peter to take it and give it back to the guy, which would lead that guy to think that Spidey/Peter took his wallet.
    Make Good Art

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagnus View Post
    Emma.

Yes, undergirded with a deep respect, if not admiration, for his heroism.

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    Hellion. Except this makes a lot of sense, just hear me out.

The two know each other. Hellion was his student, and Pete earned his respect. They could keep that student/teacher dynamic going. Hellion is also brash and passionate, so he could be a good contrast to his chiller mentor.
    Oh, I can agree with you on that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    I'd like to see that, too.

Oh, definitely. Black Cat and Gambit teaming up to deal with the NYC Thieves' Guild would be amazing, and it wouldn't be the first time they've worked together in the past, as Web of Spider-Man #113 would attest.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    They wouldn't stay platonic for long. There are two alternate universes where Pete and Emma hooked up. Cyclops and Shaw might make it seem like she has a preference for Alpha males, but Pete's heroic soul is catnip for bad girls. Plus, he'd let her push him around.
    I know there was Marvel Adventures Spider-Man where she was barely older than him (he was still a teenager in that continuity) and she developed serious affection for him after reading his mind and seeing how genuinely heroic he was, though I have no idea what the other one was. That said, given how Cyclops and Spider-Man have a surprising amount in common once you get past their respective facades --- orphaned young, got their moral grounding from father figures whose deaths they blamed themselves for, being obsessed over by evil geneticists and having to deal with robots built specifically to kill them, feared and hated by the public despite the good they've done, their two most iconic love interests being a redhead (Mary Jane and Jean Grey) and a blonde (Gwen Stacy and Emma Frost), and coping as well as possible with the proverbial weight of responsibility on their shoulders --- it would make some sense if Emma fell for Spidey, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    Ugh,I loved Ultimate Spider-man, but he did Kitty so wrong. Kenny was way better for her.
    I'm a Peter/Mary Jane diehard, and even I can admit he should have been straightforward and honest with Kitty.

Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrSurf View Post

Why not both?

Yup, could go either way. The couple of times they've met/teamed up were fun and had some banter. They have such opposing personalities, that I think if the writer leans into Spidey's innocent, do-good nature and Gambit's as a thief and a scoundrel, the dynamic could be pretty fun. Like, I can imagine a few panels where they're talking and Gambit picks someone's pocket only for Spidey/Peter to take it and give it back to the guy, which would lead that guy to think that Spidey/Peter took his wallet.
    Ha, yes.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Yes. Manifold, Martha, Ernst, Armor, Laura, Synch, Shark girl, nature girl, wrongside, anole, prodigy, triage, trinary. Those are just a few that come to my mind that could fall into that universe easily for appearances.

Crocodile abduct anole to perfect his lizard serum.
    martha and ersnt catch up with their former teacher.
    trinary is brought in to examine his work with osborn and speak to it.
    spidey runs in to nature girl as she takes on the bugle and their recycling practices. lol
    Kraven targets shark girl for his wall and only spidey can save her.
    Monet comes to the bugle for an article on X-corp and insanity ensues.

and so on and so forth.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

i mean if you got Spiderman and his Amazing Friends why not Spiderman and his Merry Mutants.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Laura (Wolvie) would be awesome.

I like the interplay of serious and comic between Logan and Pete, now throw in some sexual tension and you got a winner.