Page 497 of 774 FirstFirst ... 397447487493494495496497498499500501507547597 ... LastLast
Results 7,441 to 7,455 of 11598

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    she mind-f*cked him and stopped Peitro from taking the staff since she knew he would **** up.Did you watch the film.

And as I said I understand this.I don't however understand how you think that Justifies
    1)Mind-fucking the avengers as well
    2)Setting the Hulk loose
    3)The hex and letting 3000 innocents suffer for her desires
    And from her perspective of what Ultron told her, the Avengers were dangerous and all she knew at the time was that her parents were killed with one of Tony's bombs.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    Different strokes for different folks. Wanda has a lot of fans that love her for different reasons, even the out of character moments. I wouldn’t say someone doesn’t love Wanda just because how they see some of her actions.
    It absolutely does if they exaggerate things to paint her as a villain and post hate in her appreciation thread.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Well, in real life, maybe, but in superhero movies, villains are a bit more over-the-top and haven't been misled into doing what they did. E.g. Thanos is more nuanced than in the comics, but he still wants to kill lots of people and thinks it's OK because he's killing them "for the greater good."

MCU Wanda hasn't gotten to that stage yet, but she certainly could. All it would take would be if she decided getting her kids back justifies hurting other people. I hope it doesn't happen because it seemed like she already learned her lesson that keeping Vision and her kids alive wasn't worth hurting people... but I'm not optimistic.

But as I said before, setting the Hulk loose on a city is worse than anything she did in her show, but it's never been mentioned again in the MCU, so I just have to assume for now that they are never going to address it or explain whether it was deliberate or not.
    Wanda thinks letting Hulk loose on an innocent city is ok according to her for the greater good.And revenge on tony was a big motivation as well.
    And letting 3000 innocents suffer to the point they would beg for death for her own needs.

And not addressing it doesn't make it go away.

While Thanos did what he did at a much larger scale it was selfless and it worked on the other planets.Still wrong
    Tony did what he did to save the planet and went to the extreme after mind-f*cked by Wanda on top of his extreme case of PTSD.And he was right they needed an ultron like being since Thanos did win.

Wanda did the hulk stuff for the greater good and was very wrong in her judgement of greater good(ultron wanted to kill all humanity).And the Hex was completely selfish

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    It absolutely does if they exaggerate things to paint her as a villain and post hate in her appreciation thread.
    Bruh villains have their appriciation threads as well.
    MCU wanda has done a lot of f*cked up stuff.While I understand this, I don't think this should be excused.

You are not the authority of how everyone should view this or any character.

Bruh villains have their appriciation threads as well.
    MCU wanda has done a lot of f*cked up stuff.While I understand this, I don't think this should be excused.

You are not the authority of how everyone should view this character.
    Wanda isn't a villain.

Bar none. And you insisting on it because you think she created Ultron and it wasn't really Tony or that she was a long standing Hydra agent doesn't make it so. It just means you are exaggerating.

I'm also not a "bruh."

Extraordinary Member

I don't claim Wanda but I'm familiar with this fake nonsense.

Don't compare a Roma character to Nazis. Just don't. At least have enough awareness to know that's not good.

She messed with Tony because she thought he was a villain. Again, it was his bomb that killed her parents.

Are you kidding me? Hitting on someone's aunt while you are in a relationship is perverted. And inappropriate.
    No.You are assuming that you have some authority over this character which you do not.

I'm comparing someone who is willing to commit mass murder for her beliefs to a nazi.Nothing to do with her background.You're reaching and it shows.

She knew he would self-destruct.She even got a glimpse at what would come(she didn't know it was ultron).

Cool.I think attempting mass murder and enslaving 3000 innocents to the point of begging for death(there are men, women and CHILDREN here mind you) worse

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    Different strokes for different folks. Wanda has a lot of fans that love her for different reasons, even the out of character moments. I wouldn’t say someone doesn’t love Wanda just because how they see some of her actions.
    I don't care for MCU stans over obsessed with her "past mistakes", if I am gonna judge those characters by my own moral standards I will straight up calling Tony Stark/Bruce Wayne glorifications for real life billionaires who are mostly shitty people who exploit countless people to get where they are at.
    But I cut ficitonal characters some slack, MCU Wanda doesn't have the best starting record but it's what it was, there are tons of characters without proper explanation for certain plot points of their characters and they move on anyway.
    I do care about the more immediate handling and consequences, but talking about AoU stuff is just nercomancing at this point, not to mention how much people want to twist the material.(Like yup, Hydra is questionable choice for their origin, but the TWS/AoU timeline actually makes it nearly impossible for the twins to be recruited when Hydra is already exposed, Strucker looked at the twins in chambers when being brought the news of them being exposed, so yeah, the twins are likely to have no idea what they are. Also some common sense, advertising for volunteers as Hydra in MCU is not the brightest ideas, before Natasha leaking the files, Hydra for all intents and purposes is just a dead organization only exisiting in WW2 history.)
    I don't like Agatha commenting on Wanda being experimented on though, because Wanda doesn't explain anything at that moment, she by the timeline cannot possibly know it's Hydra, let alone agreeing to its cause since the twins pretty much want their homeland free from Imperialist control.(Again, they probably just put too much into her "personal affection" and kinda forget about her political stance.)
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 07-23-2021 at 09:44 AM.

Wanda didn't put anything that wasn't already in Tony's mind if you want go there and if we're going to use your logic, Tony made more harm to humanity by selling those weapons, literally sold weapons to terrorists that killed innocent people.

And if MCU wanda it's a grey character or antihero for her mistakes that's ok i mean people can be fans of literally mass murderers like Loki (after what he did in New York)

But by Civil War there wasn't any malicius in her mistakes, her mistakes does make a criminal in universe? Yes, but i don't count her as one and most people don't either.

No.You are assuming that you have some authority over this character which you do not.

I'm comparing someone who is willing to commit mass murder for her beliefs to a nazi.Nothing to do with her background.You're reaching and it shows.

She knew he would self-destruct.She even got a glimpse at what would come(she didn't know it was ultron).

Cool.I think attempting mass murder and enslaving 3000 innocents to the point of begging for death(there are men, women and CHILDREN here mind you) worse
    No, no authority but I know hate when I see it.

Don't compare Roma to Nazis. She was not, grouping them up based on ethnicity, putting them in death camps, experimenting on them nor gassing them to death. I cannot tell you as a woman of Roma descent how offensive that is. Stop it!

To her Tony was the villain, it was all she knew.

And it is worse, but again intent matters and she didn't intend to hurt anyone. She let them go. Her powers just went out of control.

Point is, both she and Tony are flawed heroes.

Extraordinary Member

Wanda isn't a villain.

Bar none. And you insisting on it because you think she created Ultron and it wasn't really Tony or that she was a long standing Hydra agent doesn't make it so. It just means you are exaggerating.

I'm also not a "bruh."
    You said I paint her as one.I'm saying she has done stuff that may make her on par if not worse than one.

She mind-f*cked someone and let him take the device necessary to do something like this because she wanted to see him destroy himself.There is no exaggerating here.She said so herself.She allowed this even when she got a glimpse at what would happen.She didn't know about Ultron exactly she says, but she says she got a glimpse.

I'm sorry.But you do seem like a Wanda Stan who will defend her every action no matter how bad.

but Wanda has been used as a villian. It may not be how she primarily is portrayed but its false to act like she hasnt been a villian or at the very least an antagonist. Alot of the narrative in the past several years has painted her more as a flawed gray character

Extraordinary Member

Dude, is being booted off the Black Widow thread not enough for you?
    Not stopping Tony from self-destruct is somehow, mass murder?

Extraordinary Member

No, no authority but I know hate when I see it.

Don't compare Roma to Nazis. She was not, grouping them up based on ethnicity, putting them in death camps, experimenting on them nor gassing them to death. I cannot tell you as a woman of Roma descent how offensive that is. Stop it!

To her Tony was the villain, it was all she knew.

And it is worse, but again intent matters and she didn't intend to hurt anyone. She let them go. Her powers just went out of control.
    Clearly not.I have been on this thread for a bit now and have only ever wanted her to be more featured.

I never brought ethnicity in play.Being of any ethnicity does not excuse attempted mass muder or torture of 3000 innocent civilians.

Cool, she wanted revenge.And Tony was trying to save the world.
    One is much more noble and selfless than the other.

She let the Hulk loose on innocent civilians knowingly.She kept 3000 innocents in torture knowingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    but Wanda has been used as a villian. It may not be how she primarily is portrayed but its false to act like she hasnt been a villian or at the very least an antagonist. Alot of the narrative in the past several years has painted her more as a flawed gray character
    Wanda started out a villain, but didn't get much time to be a villain. Far later was brainwashed. There are decades of canon between them where she was a hero. Painting her as exclusively a villain and discounting her heroic nature to get a rise out of her fans is not showing some truth.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Dude, is being booted off the Black Widow thread not enough for you?
    Not stopping Tony from self-destruct is somehow, mass murder?
    Letting Hulk loose on NYC is mass murder.