Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

I prefer this series to most of the 90 minutes DC movies that have come since. Both Justice League and Unlimited. Didn't Warren Ellis and JM DeMateiss write some episodes?

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Thunders! View Post
    I prefer this series to most of the 90 minutes DC movies that have come since. Both Justice League and Unlimited. Didn't Warren Ellis and JM DeMateiss write some episodes?
    DeMatteis adapted the "For the man who has everything" episode. And it have the merit of being the only Moore aproved adaptation. (At least as told the legend ).
    Last edited by Thor-Ul; 11-15-2015 at 12:57 PM.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

DARKSEID LAUGHS... Crazy Diamond's Avatar

I remember Dematteis did the Booster Gold episode and that was one of the best ones which is saying something because JL and JLU just hit it out of the park regularly.

Fun-Eating Devil The Beast Of Yucca Flats's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    DeMatteis adapted the "For the man who has everything" episode. And it have the merit of being the only Moore aproved adaptation. (At least as told the legend ).
    Well, there's also Eddie Campbell's comics of his stage work in the 90s/00s, Antony Johnston's of Fashion Beast & The Courtyard... but that's getting away from the point:

TZ: My understanding is that you guys sent along [a tape of] "For The Man Who Has Eveything." Did you ever hear back (From Moore)?

McDuffie: Yep. He liked it.
    http://www.toonzone.net/2011/03/toon...wayne-mcduffie

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Diamond View Post
    I remember Dematteis did the Booster Gold episode and that was one of the best ones which is saying something because JL and JLU just hit it out of the park regularly.
    I'm usually lukewarm on DeMatteis, but he really did some of his best work on JLU.

Oh, and speaking of whom, here's an unaired Superbuddys-based script, in case anyone's interested:

http://www.jmdematteis.com/2015/01/j...t-episode.html

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by nightrider View Post
    I thought Young Justice was so much better.
    I was very surprised by how much I enjoyed YJ, but there were three things about it I found hard to swallow:
    1) The JL got way too comfortable throwing the kids in the deep end of the pool.
    2) Given they were so comfortable throwing the kids in the deep end of the pool (and that the kids plain butt-whupped Amazo), the kids should have graduated to the bigs halfway through the first season.
    3) It's another case of Bat-worship: any take where Batman has to coach Superman on being kind and sensitive doesn't have a decent grip on the characters.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by The Beast Of Yucca Flats View Post
    Oh, and speaking of whom, here's an unaired Superbuddys-based script, in case anyone's interested:

That would have been AWESOME! I'm sorry they never made it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Beast Of Yucca Flats View Post

Oh wow, I never knew about this! This would've been awesome. The only thing missing is Booster and Sue, but at least we'd have finally had Ice speak .

Young Justice is the only one that can even come close to DCAU

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    3) It's another case of Bat-worship: any take where Batman has to coach Superman on being kind and sensitive doesn't have a decent grip on the characters.
    Disagree with this. Superman has always been a bit standoffish with youth that carry his insignia. Batman on the other hand has trained several sidekicks as well as had close relationships with Batgirl and others. It's an odd paradox the two characters share. Superman is seen as the jovial sensitive guy but actually strangely standoffish even with family members (see Supergirl), but Batman the socalled loner has a huge family around him.

Incredible Member

Warren Ellis wrote the Dark Heart episode.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Disagree with this. Superman has always been a bit standoffish with youth that carry his insignia. Batman on the other hand has trained several sidekicks as well as had close relationships with Batgirl and others. It's an odd paradox the two characters share. Superman is seen as the jovial sensitive guy but actually strangely standoffish even with family members (see Supergirl), but Batman the socalled loner has a huge family around him.
    Having a large family doesn't make him good at it.

Seriously, it's hard to say what Superman's attitude toward most things is because there's been so many interpretations of Superman over the ages. IIRC, the Supergirl issues are all post-Crisis (and really, post-Doomsday). However, my point is, being kind has not been an issue for Superman since the Bronze Age, and getting coaching on that from Batman was jarring. With that clarification, I stick with my original comment.

Spectacular Member

This show sparked my love for DC. I grew up as a teen watching these shows, and I loved them. The author was right... Unlimited introduced me to DC's 2nd and 3rd tier characters - one's I came to love and respect. I started my comics career as a Marvel reader... but about a year or so later, I became a full on DC fan. Mostly because I was more acquainted with their universe from when I was a child. In hind sight, Unlimited was the beginning of my adoration for DC comics.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RobinFan4880 View Post
    I don't see the point in debating which DC series was best. They are all good, in their own ways.
    Yep. I love them all. No need to have any more internecine wars.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?