Page 99 of 761 FirstFirst ... 49899596979899100101102103109149199599 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 11410
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I think these kinds of people just like to complain. After 12 years of mostly white guys, suddenly all white men are going extinct in the MCU!
    Looking at cast list for main mcu movie characters i don't think it was mostly white guys(it was mostly white if you add white women however),even more so if add the mcu non canon shows that were more diverse then mcu movies.
    Now most of mcu movies up to phase 3 main main stars are white men.
    For the mcu non canon shows the main main stars up to phase 3 were more diverse.

This is from a few years ago.
    The Marvel Cinematic Universe is 61% White, But Does That Matter

https://www.forbes.com/sites/anharka.../#3e2a64c64482

Note- keep in mind a large number of the 61% are white females as well.

Extraordinary Member

Marvel Studios says New MCU Superhero From Southeast Asia is coming

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    That's disturbing.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    Looking at cast list for main mcu movie characters i don't think it was mostly white guys(it was mostly white if you add white women however),even more so if add the mcu non canon shows that were more diverse then mcu movies.
    Now most of mcu movies up to phase 3 main main stars are white men.
    For the mcu non canon shows the main main stars up to phase 3 were more diverse.

This is from a few years ago.
    The Marvel Cinematic Universe is 61% White, But Does That Matter

https://www.forbes.com/sites/anharka.../#3e2a64c64482

Note- keep in mind a large number of the 61% are white females as well.
    Yeah, the MCU is getting more diverse, but I'm just saying the white male characters got most of the focus. I just don't think it's cause for white guys to start panicking.

Panicking? I'm thrilled that the lead actors are becoming more diverse.

It's great that the MCU always had a healthy dose of representation in their supporting casts and villains. But up until Panther and Captain Marvel every lead character was a straight white guy, and after 20-odd films it was getting (very) old. And Marvel's success with low-end IP's like the GotG and Ant-Man made it impossible to argue that someone like Luke Cage or Blue Marvel wasn't a big enough name to draw in audiences.

And I'm glad that the secondary characters like War Machine and Falcon are getting their due on Disney+ too. Wandavision has been a absolute gem of a show, and for all of those "other" Avengers who didn't headline solo films this is a well deserved and overdue chance in the spotlight.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Panicking? I'm thrilled that the lead actors are becoming more diverse.

It's great that the MCU always had a healthy dose of representation in their supporting casts and villains. But up until Panther and Captain Marvel every lead character was a straight white guy, and after 20-odd films it was getting (very) old. And Marvel's success with low-end IP's like the GotG and Ant-Man made it impossible to argue that someone like Luke Cage or Blue Marvel wasn't a big enough name to draw in audiences.

And I'm glad that the secondary characters like War Machine and Falcon are getting their due on Disney+ too. Wandavision has been a absolute gem of a show, and for all of those "other" Avengers who didn't headline solo films this is a well deserved and overdue chance in the spotlight.
    I agree. The whole "diversity doesn't sell" is always a poor excuse. This is a good opportunity for diverse characters as well as new ones made in the last 20 years.

Extraordinary Member

WandaVision Confirms Marvel TV is not Canon to the MCU

Niffleheim

I think these kinds of people just like to complain. After 12 years of mostly white guys, suddenly all white men are going extinct in the MCU!
    There is still Spider-Man, Doctor Strange, Star-Lord, Ant-Man, Loki and Thor as main characters with their own movies and tv show so i really don't get this complaint

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    There is still Spider-Man, Doctor Strange, Star-Lord, Ant-Man, Loki and Thor as main characters with their own movies and tv show so i really don't get this complaint
    It's just fragile white guys not being able to handle these things.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    WandaVision Confirms Marvel TV is not Canon to the MCU
    I wouldn't go as far as to say it confirmed anything, but it definitely set a precedent for Marvel Studios to use elements from Marvel TV and basically just ignore what they established before. And, to be fair, as far as the Darkhold goes, it's not like Marvel TV itself cared about previous canon. They used the book in Runaways with no regard at all to what happened in Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D.. Ghost Rider was supposed to be the keeper of the book, but then it was suddenly with Morgan le Fay, and now with Agatha/Wanda. If all those shows are supposed to be taking place in the same universe, Robbie sure as hell is bad at his one job.

Ultimate Member

It's true it doesn't necessarily negate the previous events. Maybe Agatha got the Darkhold somehow. After all it's been five years since the Snap

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    If all those shows are supposed to be taking place in the same universe, Robbie sure as hell is bad at his one job.
    Robbie done got snapped. Agatha found the book sitting in a pile of ashes. Continuity lives! And that wasn't even difficult.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

It's true it doesn't necessarily negate the previous events. Maybe Agatha got the Darkhold somehow. After all it's been five years since the Snap
    Unless the books appearance randomly changed too...I doubt it.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    Robbie done got snapped. Agatha found the book sitting in a pile of ashes. Continuity lives! And that wasn't even difficult.
    Agatha wouldn't have gotten it from Robbie, though. Morgan le Fay and the Runaways already had it after him, and that was seemingly before The Snap. So Agatha had to get the book from... wherever it was left after Runaways.

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Unless the books appearance randomly changed too...I doubt it.
    I think it was established that the book could have some changes like its font or the language in which it is written, but WandaVision didn't change just that. It was a COMPLETE makeover, down to she shape, size, texture, spells structure and even the damn physics/magic around the book (it now floats and emanates orange energy, something it never did before). There was zero effort to create something even remotely similar.

I really think it was basically a reboot of the concept and they won't ever mention AOS/Runaways in relation to it at all.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 03-05-2021 at 09:46 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    It wasn't at all, we know that the Darkhold was in RUNAWAYS which was pre-snap and when the snap happened Agatha could easily of obtained the Darkhold. I've never understood the determination of some fans to retcon AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D when its not hard to keep the series relevant (especially given that we know the bulk of season 7 was in an alternate universe but they returned to the regular MCU at the very end).

Not to rant too much I just don't understand the determination of some fans to wipe A.O.S.