Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I always thought that classic Dracula felt a bit Lovecraftian, you know, minus any tentacles.
    What gave you that impression? (Just curious. )

Quote Originally Posted by Radical View Post
    What gave you that impression? (Just curious. )
    An ancient evil comes to threaten modern~ish London, alien to life, a character is driven to madness (Renfield), there is a sea voyage which some tales have, he comes from the depths of the ground like some Lovecraft monsters do, which all Dracula adaptations have built in, but then Bela Lugosi Dracula has the added power of mesmerism which gets more into the mental aspects more, his victims become somewhat trance-like and susceptible to his will and influence, and mostly the Lugosi movie most makes me feel like I do reading the Cthulhu Mythos.

Incredible Member

An ancient evil comes to threaten modern~ish London, alien to life, a character is driven to madness (Renfield), there is a sea voyage which some tales have, he comes from the depths of the ground like some Lovecraft monsters do, which all Dracula adaptations have built in, but then Bela Lugosi Dracula has the added power of mesmerism which gets more into the mental aspects more, his victims become somewhat trance-like and susceptible to his will and influence, and mostly the Lugosi movie most makes me feel like I do reading the Cthulhu Mythos.
    That's cool.

Come to think of it, the Creature From the Black Lagoon was kind of like a Deep One (fish-man attracted to humans) from The Shadow Over Innsmouth.
    Last edited by Radical; 06-02-2018 at 12:28 PM.

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

You know, Megazords vs TF Combiners could be fun.

go I'm going for it something complete bonkers

Friday the 13th X My Little Pony x The Tick
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Madame Vastra and the Patanoster Gang from Doctor Who vs Gotham by Gaslight Batman. Two Great Detectives who both faced Jack the Ripper and lived to tell the tale. Probably with Killer Croc and some angry Silurians in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Radical View Post
    That's cool.

Come to think of it, the Creature From the Black Lagoon was kind of like a Deep One (fish-man attracted to humans) from The Shadow Over Innsmouth.
    In appearance yeah, definitely, but the story beats over the three movies are closer to King Kong. Although, perhaps he is a more wild offshoot of the Deep Ones?

Incredible Member

In appearance yeah, definitely, but the story beats over the three movies are closer to King Kong. Although, perhaps he is a more wild offshoot of the Deep Ones?
    There's food for thought.

X

This one is so outhere it will never happen:

JC x Superman
    Muhammad x Batman
    Krishna x WonderWoman
    Buddha x Green lantern
    Laozi x The Flash
    Joseph Smith x J'onn J'onzz
    Seaman x Aquaman
    Moses x Wonder Twins & Gleek
    Last edited by Güicho; 06-05-2018 at 05:20 PM.

BANNED

God of War X Asura's Wrath

After the interview with GoW's creative director, I think this is doable.

So after Freya gets so deep into Kratos' nonexistent hair for the death of her son, our favourite Spartan decides to pack up his family and move Eastward. Where he finds new Gods, new challenges, and hears a story from so long ago he didn't even think numbers went that high: apparently the entire world was created by a great being called Chakravatin more than 870 million years ago, who once ruled over all of it and even beyond, not just small areas like the Gods do now.

And according to Mimir(who's along for the ride...) Chakravatin didn't just die, he was killed.

After finding a pretty nice temple, Kratos and Atreus happen upon the local Priestess who people say is immortal.

Lo and behold, its bloody Mithra! Who warns the trio that the only reason that Gods appeared again was that Mantra had returned to the world. And since with Mantra comes imbalance and a new Great Being, something is on the horizon. And that is likely the reason Kratos was drawn Eastward: because he has a part to play in re-establishing the balance. Well, its either him or Atreus.

The problem?

Mithra tries to summon her father's Mantra Ghost for advice, but after hearing what's happening on Gaia(now re-named Earth...) Asura punches his way out of the underworld and immediately finds himself at odds with Kratos when it comes to...parenting!

And as if things aren't bad enough, Freya has teamed up with Thor and the pair are also somewhere in the East, wanting to avenge their sons!

Kratos' life is yet again fucked as not only do his enemies want to kill his son before they kill him, but the person he shares the most in common with doesn't only object vehemently to him putting his son in mortal danger, he's also too damned strong to even begin beating the merits of a Spartan upbringing into!

All this, in the midst of the rise of a threat no-one has ever seen before: Sun. Wu. Kong.

BANNED

Disney Princesses X Independence Day X Pacific Rim

Upon a world without the means to defend itself falls not one, but TWO invasions: the Precursors from the oceans, and the Harvesters from the stars!

After their husbands are abducted by aliens, its on the Princesses to not only step up to lead their people, but to do so in an all-out war across time, with survival of the species as the prize!

But its worse: you see, only Kida, Pocahontas and Mulan know the true horror of war: Pocahontas has lived through a covert takeover. Mulan knows what open war is, first-hand. And Kida actually has command experience while also having the highest body count.

The rest?

Snow White dislocated her shoulder trying to shoot a blunderbuss.

Aurora stabbed herself in the foot with a sword.

And Ariel made everyone crap themselves when she defaulted to her Princess of Disaster mode, then leveled up to Queen of Annihilation, followed by Goddess of Destruction(causing her to be relegated to Ultimate Last Resort Weapon of Mass Destruction status...)

The race is now on to find the most powerful artifacts in the land, and complete a prototype weapon which can not only bend space and time itself, but reset it:

-The Heart of Atlantis
    -The Magician's Hat
    -The Heart of Te'Fiti
    -The Trident of Atlantica
    -The Lamp of the Genie

And the mysterious, and final, element: Fire & Ice.

The problem?

No-one knows what the last element is.

No-one, that is, except Maleficent. Who is the only living being that can read the instructions to produce it.

Oh, and they have to get the job done before the Harvesters breach the planet's core, which will fuel a new Breech which will allow a new combined force to run rampant over the entire galaxy!

Last edited by T51R; 06-05-2018 at 05:32 AM.

Thanos X Care Bears.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Interesting angle. Given the publication date of the book, I always assumed that Jack the Ripper was a major influence.

I would like to see a clash between Donald Trump and Joseph McCarthy, but I can't see a reasonable way to level the playing field between the '50s and now.

Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    Interesting angle. Given the publication date of the book, I always assumed that Jack the Ripper was a major influence.
    Given the date and his age, the book might have influenced Lovecraft. He wasn't a fan of the movie though, but he was one of those people who believed adaptations should be extremely faithful to the source material.